Gamestation ain't so bad

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ToxieDogg

Re:

Post by ToxieDogg » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:54 pm

revgiblet wrote:
ToxieDogg wrote:I have now sent them a recorded delivery letter to the address shown on their website threatning them with legal action and/or Trading Standards. Hopefully this will do the trick.
You be hardcore...
Yo' damn right. 8)

I managed to get hold of somebody on the phone today....the number on their website still doesn't work but I managed to obtain their head office number (thanks Milton Keynes branch! 8) ) and got hold of somebody there. After being passed on to Customer Services and arguing the toss with a bloke who told me to 'keep trying' the website number because 'sombody will eventually pick it up', I was put through to somebody else who checked my order, apologised for the problems, told me that We Love Katamari is now out of stock and they couldn't get hold of any more copies at the moment :x and promptly cancelled my order, though I won't get the cash back for about 4 to 5 days :x

Never again.... :evil:

ToxieDogg

Re:

Post by ToxieDogg » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:56 pm

Dudley wrote:
ToxieDogg wrote:
preownedgames.co.uk wrote:Anybody who doesn't think PGR3 is the best racing game ever made hasn't played it.
And just as an afterthought to this one, I prefer F-Zero GX myself. Pure racing, pure speed, pure fun 8)
GX is a better racing game certainly although not a better driving one.
Yes, I'd agree with that 8)

bolda

Post by bolda » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:37 pm

Gamestation is okay, but they seem to overlook some consoles. I've never seen any Atari Jaguar games, yet they sell Atari 2600/5200 games (i.e. the same console manfacturer) and Sega Saturn games (i.e. from the same era as the Jag).

I guess it's all down to the supply of 2nd hand games, but they need to know when they have over done it on particular titles. The GS in Birmingham New Street has a substantial retro section but when you start sifting through the rows of Megadrive games, you realise that about 80% of the boxes are 20% of the titles - mostly FIFA "bloody" Soccer, Arch "bloody" Rivals etc... :(

CEX used to have a decent retro section but seems to have diminished since GS started doing retro... guess they pay even less than GS for 2nd hand kit.
GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!
ImageImageImage

preownedgames.co.uk

Re:

Post by preownedgames.co.uk » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:54 pm

bolda wrote:Gamestation is okay, but they seem to overlook some consoles.

To be honest they probably buy anything people bring in, they're just not as common as other consoles.
Preowned Games - Buy games that other people are bored with.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:24 pm

Mine refuses to deal in 8-bit computer stuff after I swamped them with it. Shame as it was a nice little earner for me.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.