Good 2-player games on the Wii?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

station

Re: Good 2-player games on the Wii?

Post by station » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:15 pm

Going to try some of the 'light' games there. How about Raving Rabbits?
I do wish someone would produce a really solid 2 player game on this that is a bit more than the standard fare.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:38 am

Raving Rabbids is quite poor, just a series of below average minigames. I found most of it incredibly tedious, the only saving grace are the gun sections, but when you've got the likes of House of the Dead: Overkill now it just can't compete. Absolutely not what you want if you're seeking 2 player games with any depth to them.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

SuperKonker

Post by SuperKonker » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:59 am

Roo wrote:Metal Slug Anthology is the way to go. Shouldn't cost you too much either - you really can't go wrong.
I bloody hated the controls on MSA. something just didn't feel right.

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:02 am

Bcubic wrote:Trauma Center-New Blood can also be played by 2 players simultaneous, if you're looking for something different than the already mentioned shooters (RE:UC, HotD:Overkill, Dead Space,...).
Good call- thats a really smart game- best of the series probably.

I know its been mentioned, but Ghost Squad deserves more love. Yes its from a coin op based on X-Box hardware, yes its quite short, BUT the variety shown on the extra playthroughs is surprising and the design is pretty much as good as lightgun coin-ops get. It recalls the original Time Crisis for me and is by far my favorite light gun shooter on the Wii. Get a decent gun or a zapper and youre away.

And those cut scenes are comedy gold- I'm a big fan of McCoy the shambling, bearded POW. :)

@Superconker- yeah, youre better off getting your Wii Metal Slug fix on the through the SNK collection(s?)- classic controller supported, I believe.
speed/missile/double/laser/option/?