Games you physically destroyed

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

psj3809

Re: Games you physically destroyed

Post by psj3809 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:58 am

Coe - yeah some of us went over the top, just seemed quite bizzare though. I've hated games in the past but after spending my money on em i wouldnt smash em, would just take them back to get some money for them or trade them to a mate or sell it cheap to someone.

Yeah sitting in a box forever or on a shelf all the time is a waste but hopefully most people nowadays trade them in or sells them on ebay instead of having a tourettes rant on some computer game ! Sounds like something a 4 year old kid would do once he gets angry !

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:16 am

Heh. Well, this the home of all the nutty (er... I mean dedicated) collectors of retro systems. What did you expect? :lol:

Seriously, don't sweat it. Even if you'd kept all three cartridges intact, complete with packaging, they'd probably net you no more than about $40 going by current eBay prices. Now if you'd trashed one of those gold competition cartridges that would be something worth having a fuss over...

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:23 am

Don't think I've ever destroyed a game/controller etc. Been mad but I usually just swear - always been too skint to ever destroy anything!

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:32 am

Have never "physically" destroyed a game - but I gave Bionic Granny a severe tongue lashing once and emotionally destroyed it :wink:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:21 pm

Ha! forgot about the Amiga disks, they were great! used to fly across my bedroom at record breaking speed on a regular basis lol

station

Post by station » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:10 pm

My Amstrad 464 had the keyboard punched so many times, the middle dipped about an inch lower.

FlyHighKid

Post by FlyHighKid » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:15 am

Tank wrote:Am I missing something ? were NES games really £40 back in the 80's? :shock: IIRC games back then had no resale value, retro gaming wasn't like it is now, unless people are seeing this as recent, still it would be barbaric in my books anyway, the only thing I destroyed was Barry Mcguigan for the speccy, but that was because the tape deck ate it alive.
Yes it's true. Also new SNES games were £69.99 (at lest Street Fighter 2 was).
Image Image
psj3909 wrote:What next, Scary Movie better than Schindlers List ? What is everyone smoking.

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:32 am

The Angry Jock wrote:I once destroyed a Cotton Eye Joe CD, but a game?? No chance.
I destroyed a CD of Spartacus by The Farm around the time it came out. Very gratifying. :)
speed/missile/double/laser/option/?

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:09 am

FlyHighKid wrote:
Tank wrote:Am I missing something ? were NES games really £40 back in the 80's? :shock: IIRC games back then had no resale value, retro gaming wasn't like it is now, unless people are seeing this as recent, still it would be barbaric in my books anyway, the only thing I destroyed was Barry Mcguigan for the speccy, but that was because the tape deck ate it alive.
Yes it's true. Also new SNES games were £69.99 (at lest Street Fighter 2 was).
Yeah a mate of mine paid £69.99 at Woolworths for NBA Jam on the Megadrive, and a whopping £74.99 for Street Fighter 2 SCE! Mind you, it was release day and paying that price at an independant shop was the only way he could get his hand on it on the day. Funnily enough, I didnt say much when he was questioning spending all his birthday money in one go because I really wanted to play it!
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:48 am

Thinking back I destroyed a tamagotchi and managed to get a letter printed in Gamesmaster at the time. I think it was either the Bomberman or Pacman cover. Would have been around 1995.
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

Jeremiah Jones

Post by Jeremiah Jones » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:32 pm

Had an Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt cart when I was ten that I used for venting frustration I had at ANY game. Funny thing: it never reached the point of not working.