Uncharted 2 (possible spoilers)

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

will2097

Uncharted 2 (possible spoilers)

Post by will2097 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:39 pm

My GOTY (Game of The Year) for sure.

When I was a kid, and I was watching the Incredibly Strange Film Show on Channel 4, and every so often you would stumble across a classic movie. well, Uncharted 2 gives me the same feeling. It's like finding entertainment gold. I've been looking forward to Uncharted 2 since, well, Uncharted 1 and I don't feel robbed, short changed, annoyed, or anything. It's ace.

This is, f**king awesome. Best game I have played all year bar none.

:)

Space_turnip

Re: Uncharted 2.

Post by Space_turnip » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:31 pm

I agree completely. Best script, best voice acting, incredibly fluid controls, exciting, fun, engrossing...not enough good things to say about the game.

necronom

Post by necronom » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:46 pm

Yep, It's as good as I was hoping it would be. I got to the end fight earlier, and had to pause it as my tea was ready, then the F1 qualifying came on, and that's been extended because of rain, so it's been paused for hours! I probably only have a few minutes of the game left.

The train level looked outstanding, and some of the towns/villages/mountains look brilliant. The game plays great, too. I'm not having trouble with any controls or anything, and the gun fights are really fun.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:41 pm

I am loving it too. Am right near the start but keepo messing up the stealthy bit in the museum :?

gman72

Re: Uncharted 2 (possible spoilers)

Post by gman72 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:38 pm

OK, chill guys, it's pretty good, an 8 and a half out of ten but no more than that. IMO :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:43 pm

Shame, after all the good things being said about it, I will prob never play it! No current/next-gen console for me.

Romulous

Post by Romulous » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:21 pm

Jesus, didn't even know it was out yet, thats another game to add to my want list then.
Failure isn't about falling down, failure is staying down.

Romulous

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:11 am

gman72 wrote:OK, chill guys, it's pretty good, an 8 and a half out of ten but no more than that. IMO :D
8.5 out of ten IS something to excited about. Though up to now I would say 9.

will2097

Post by will2097 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:27 am

gman72 wrote:OK, chill guys, it's pretty good, an 8 and a half out of ten but no more than that. IMO :D
It gets extra points for not being irritating, not having meat-headed-let's-say-f**k-every-30seconds lead characters and for not being set in Browns-ville. It's like playing the Lost indiana Jones film. It's awesome, it's a 10. IMHO

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:07 am

Have they fixed the annoying cover system whereby Drake would sometimes hug the wall facing the enemy then be in direct fire....causing panic to try and "unstick" from the wall?..personally though I cant wait...but will have to until Christmas now...

necronom

Post by necronom » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:45 am

RetroAerosmith wrote:Have they fixed the annoying cover system whereby Drake would sometimes hug the wall facing the enemy then be in direct fire....causing panic to try and "unstick" from the wall?..personally though I cant wait...but will have to until Christmas now...
After finishing it with 15 hours play, that only happened (I think) twice where it killed me. I was on Normal mode, so it wasn't too hard, so I'll have to see if it becomes a problem in the harder modes where I'll need it to work perfectly all the time.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:28 am

RetroAerosmith wrote:Have they fixed the annoying cover system whereby Drake would sometimes hug the wall facing the enemy then be in direct fire....causing panic to try and "unstick" from the wall?..
This was one of my main gripes and I've read it's still there in this game too. For me though, this is one PS3 game I'm not amazingly fussed about. I never saw the appeal in the first game, just an average shooter (with control probs) with platform elements and I actually found it quite tedious at times, esp the shooting parts. Plus there's no denying that the main character was such a little goody two shoes, not really sure what people see in him lol. :)

The exploration parts were quite good though and if they brought the shooting sections up to the standards of GoW then I would be a bit more interested. Plus the graphics are really nice.

Scooby1970

Post by Scooby1970 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:03 am

Wow, started playing this last night and just couldn't get off the damn thing. Everything about the game is just so gorgeous! The further you get into it, the better the graphics, story and gameplay get... and I was thinking it was one of the best games I have EVER played after the first couple of levels.

This takes the first triple A title "Drakes Fortune" and adds another two A's easily! Game of the year? Yes!!! Game of this generation, probably... so far! It's mind blowingly briliiant (and I've not even touched the awesomeonline play yet!).

:) Mark
http://twitter.com/markyboyo
PS3, 360, PS2, PS1, PSP, Wii, DC, Saturn, Megadrive, GBA, DS & more!

PrimalScientist

Post by PrimalScientist » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:58 am

Yeah bought this on Saturday and am at the end now.
Wanted to finish it last night but could't because the missus wanted to watch dancing with the f**king stars.
Wasn't happy FFS.

The game is quality, but I would hold fire on saying its the game of the year until Modern Warfare II is out.

station

Post by station » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:52 am

What game is it? I've seen Uncharted cheap. I'm looking for something interesting!! Can anyone give me a rundown?

DYK Connie Booth (of Fawlty Towers fame etc) worked as producer for Naughty Dog (the developers of this game?).