Game related dreams.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Post Reply
User avatar
Dan1980
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:46 pm
Location: putney, london

Game related dreams.

Post by Dan1980 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:32 pm

I just wondered if any of you have ever had a dream involving gaming, as last night 's dream was a bit strange.
I dreamed that i walked into a junk shop and bought a sega nomad for £2.50 and a bunch of pirate japanese megadrive carts for £5. needless to say when i woke up this morning i was a bit dissapointed that it was a dream.
Its honestly the strangest dream ive ever had, what about you guy's. :?

User avatar
nokgod
Posts: 9627
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:57 pm
Location: The Blackcountry

Re: Game related dreams.

Post by nokgod » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:36 pm

Just the usual Tetris blocks dropping....although i should possibly avoid talking about the ones involving Lara Croft (of which, there were many) :wink:
Image
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

User avatar
Rinoa
Posts: 5046
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:47 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Re: Game related dreams.

Post by Rinoa » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:01 pm

I've had loads of gaming dreams over the years. I've had FFVII related dreams a few times (and probably other RPGs too), I've found Thom Yorke in Silent Hill before now, and I've won a few Tekken style fights in the past. I'm sure there's loads more that I've forgotten about over the years. My imagination runs away from me all the time.
Image

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11132
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Game related dreams.

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:24 pm

Funny you should mention it, just last night I had a really odd dream which involved the Grim Reaper from Maximo and a generic looking hero (a cross between Maximo and the Prince from POP). The odd twist was that damage taken in the game was relayed to me who was playing the game... and I apparantly wasn't very good at it :?

I have tons of bizarre gaming dreams, most either involve Resident Evil/Dead Rising (Zombies) or absolutely crazy alternate endings to Shenmue (don't even get me started). I also have the "buying a game in my dream and then waking up" dream alot (90% is Megaman, the other 10% is misc stuff like imports and Sonic for the Vectrex :lol: )
Weirdest was a Silent Hill/Shenmue combo dream which among other oddities featured in dream load times (I kid you not)
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
Dan1980
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:46 pm
Location: putney, london

Re: Game related dreams.

Post by Dan1980 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:41 pm

ShadowMan wrote:Funny you should mention it, just last night I had a really odd dream which involved the Grim Reaper from Maximo and a generic looking hero (a cross between Maximo and the Prince from POP). The odd twist was that damage taken in the game was relayed to me who was playing the game... and I apparantly wasn't very good at it :?

I have tons of bizarre gaming dreams, most either involve Resident Evil/Dead Rising (Zombies) or absolutely crazy alternate endings to Shenmue (don't even get me started). I also have the "buying a game in my dream and then waking up" dream alot (90% is Megaman, the other 10% is misc stuff like imports and Sonic for the Vectrex :lol: )
Weirdest was a Silent Hill/Shenmue combo dream which among other oddities featured in dream load times (I kid you not)
I thought it cant just be me who dreams about shooting or being chased by zombies, s@*$ts the life out of you when you're in a dream. :o

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11132
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Game related dreams.

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:41 am

Dan1980 wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:Funny you should mention it, just last night I had a really odd dream which involved the Grim Reaper from Maximo and a generic looking hero (a cross between Maximo and the Prince from POP). The odd twist was that damage taken in the game was relayed to me who was playing the game... and I apparantly wasn't very good at it :?

I have tons of bizarre gaming dreams, most either involve Resident Evil/Dead Rising (Zombies) or absolutely crazy alternate endings to Shenmue (don't even get me started). I also have the "buying a game in my dream and then waking up" dream alot (90% is Megaman, the other 10% is misc stuff like imports and Sonic for the Vectrex :lol: )
Weirdest was a Silent Hill/Shenmue combo dream which among other oddities featured in dream load times (I kid you not)
I thought it cant just be me who dreams about shooting or being chased by zombies, s@*$ts the life out of you when you're in a dream. :o
Back when I was replaying Resident Evil Zero and Remake I was having Zombie related dreams every night. Some of them were actually pretty entertaining to (Like seeing RE from Barry's point of view)
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
Dave300
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:29 am
Location: Leicester, UK.

Re: Game related dreams.

Post by Dave300 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:04 am

whenver i play a FPS late into the night, every time i close my eyes all i can see is corridors and doorways! i try not to make a habit of it though!

funnily enough i once dreamt the solution to a puzzle in a game - the mighty Dungeon Master on the ST. there was a closed portcullis and me and a friend spent ages trying to work out how to open it. then a couple of nights after that i dreamt of going up some stairs and dropping something through a pit, and lo and behold, that was the solution!!! :D
Image

User avatar
Type2XS
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:45 am
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: Game related dreams.

Post by Type2XS » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:48 am

Dreamt of Uncharted 2, man, what a crazy ride this game is. It event hunts you down in your dreams :D

User avatar
Sepp Salerno
Posts: 1687
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:28 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Re: Game related dreams.

Post by Sepp Salerno » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:39 am

Had a full on Mario (spikes dropin on your head) nightmare that I actually woke up screaming from
Image

User avatar
Spooky
Posts: 2298
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:40 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Game related dreams.

Post by Spooky » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:29 pm

Dan1980 wrote:I just wondered if any of you have ever had a dream involving gaming, as last night 's dream was a bit strange.
I dreamed that i walked into a junk shop and bought a sega nomad for £2.50 and a bunch of pirate japanese megadrive carts for £5. needless to say when i woke up this morning i was a bit dissapointed that it was a dream.
Its honestly the strangest dream ive ever had, what about you guy's. :?
That's generally the kind of game-related dreams I have... mostly, I find a new shop that has EVERYTHING, with bargain prices... and I generally wake up right after I bought them. :roll:
Image
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

User avatar
lavalyte
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:17 pm

Re: Game related dreams.

Post by lavalyte » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:47 am

Dan1980 wrote:I just wondered if any of you have ever had a dream involving gaming, as last night 's dream was a bit strange.
I dreamed that i walked into a junk shop and bought a sega nomad for £2.50 and a bunch of pirate japanese megadrive carts for £5. needless to say when i woke up this morning i was a bit dissapointed that it was a dream.
Its honestly the strangest dream ive ever had, what about you guy's. :?
These dreams have been popping up for years in videogame collector conversations. They are generally known from the rec.games.video.classic usenet forum as 'reef store dreams'.

see http://www.atariage.com/glossary/index.php
'I have nothing but the greatest respect for other peoples' crackpot beliefs' - Sam The Eagle.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests