PS3 Emu

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

JaturontThan

PS3 Emu

Post by JaturontThan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:22 am

Anybody got an idea where to download an emulator for PS3. I downloaded some of them but they are all not working. It seems like working but the games getting stuck once I they are loaded. Anyway to make the PS3 available for the PC ?

Thanks

FatTrucker

Re: PS3 Emu

Post by FatTrucker » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:27 am

JaturontThan wrote:Anybody got an idea where to download an emulator for PS3. I downloaded some of them but they are all not working. It seems like working but the games getting stuck once I they are loaded. Anyway to make the PS3 available for the PC ?

Thanks
Which emulators did you download?. There are currently no PS3 emulators for the PC, so its interesting that you've downloaded and tried some, even getting to the point where it tries to boot games. The PS3 is a commercially available system meaning emulating it at the moment would be tantamount to software piracy.

Remove the link from your sig please.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:13 am

Ive managed to get a PS4 emulator running on my DS - can anyone tell me where I can get the roms
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:24 am

The only "PS3 emulators" around at the moment are jokes and scams. If you've downloaded any, I'd recommend giving your PC a through scan for viruses and malware.

Realistically, just do the maths. The PS3 has an incredibly complex CPU with a theoretical performance far in excess of that of any current Intel desktop so there is no way on Earth that you could possibly emulate it at realistic speeds, let alone the rest of the PS3 hardware. Indeed, you can barely emulate a PS2 on a 3.2GHz Core 2 Duo as things stand, and that's an order of magnitude less complex. I'd dare say that it'd be another decade at least before practical PS3 emulation becomes possible.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:33 am

Bub&Bob wrote:Ive managed to get a PS4 emulator running on my DS - can anyone tell me where I can get the roms
Its ok people - ive found a site with PS4 roms for my DS - trouble is, its in Thailand and I have to register with a Thai address - perhaps I will pop over to Thiland and rent a room. While im there, I might get some plastic surgery.

What's the weather like in Thailand at the moment?
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:38 am

My Megadrive had a bit of an accident, nothing too serious it still works but the damage is purely cosmetic.

I can't afford the surgery to restore it to mint condition, is it worth going overseas to get the job done? I'd heard some of these overseas cosmetic surgery places are dodgy as f--k.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:49 am

Clunk, Click.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.