Championship Manager or Football Manager?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Dudley

Re: Championship Manager or Football Manager?

Post by Dudley » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:52 am

The Angry Jock wrote:you've got 2 days to get CM10 for £2.51 from their site before it goes to full retail price.
Although if you join the people taking the censored like that, don't expect them to ever try the experiment again.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:07 am

Dudley wrote:
The Angry Jock wrote:you've got 2 days to get CM10 for £2.51 from their site before it goes to full retail price.
Although if you join the people taking the censored like that, don't expect them to ever try the experiment again.
So exactly how am I taking the censored?
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

takesages

Post by takesages » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:30 am

The Angry Jock wrote:
Dudley wrote:
Surely the whole point of that pay what you want system is that you pay what you want.

I would say that would be based on how good a game is... and as most people here seem to think it's not very good, why not? After all, It'll be half that price in a years time when they release another slightly updated version!

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:06 am

Fact is, if it wasn't for that price point I wouldn't be interested. £2.51 is better than £0.00.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

Seadog74

Post by Seadog74 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:52 pm

Football Manager.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:27 pm

The Angry Jock wrote:
Dudley wrote:
Paying the exact minimum. If everyone does that, don't expect them to try the experiment again.
Surely the whole point of that pay what you want system is that you pay what you want.
Yes and if what people want is butt all then that method of selling won't work and you won't get the chance in the future.
Fact is, if it wasn't for that price point I wouldn't be interested. £2.51 is better than £0.00.
Not unless there's 10 of you for every person who would have paid £29.99 before...
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:39 pm

This "experiment" isn't a first, you'd have to be incredibly naive to think that a huge number of people aren't gonna buy it for the minimum price. By releasing the game at the lower price at least the company might entice CM noobs like myself in the vein hope that next year i'll put my hand in my pocket and buy the game proper - which in my case is never gonna happen.
Dudley wrote:
The Angry Jock wrote:Fact is, if it wasn't for that price point I wouldn't be interested. £2.51 is better than £0.00.
Not unless there's 10 of you for every person who would have paid £29.99 before...
Complete nonsense, that £2.51 I've paid for this game probably has a large profit margin, bare in mind there is no manufacture, distribution or sales commission for the 3rd party vendor of a physical medium. I highly doubt that this game is a radical reinvention of the last game, more a facelift, so development costs will be minimum aswell. As I've stated above this stunt may have brought them in future purchasers and increased their revenues in the long term. I stand by my statement that £2.51 is better than £0.00.
Retropassion reborn