Daytime or Night

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

What's your favourite time for gaming?

Daytime
4%
Night
56%
Both
40%

Total votes: 25

thl

Daytime or Night

Post by thl » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:09 pm

As video gaming is becoming part of the everyday life, how often would you spend your time on the console?

For me, I say probably around night as it's feels very quiet and relaxing and usually play on the solo campaign of any games. Also when it comes to two player mode or online multiplayer, it becomes very busy and can create this atmosphere to build up the excitement during the game.

HalcyonDaze00

Re: Daytime or Night

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:13 pm

The Sun is the curse of daytime gaming,

not only does it mean that you cannot see a fcuking thing on the screen (even sometimes with the curtains shut if it's a scorcher of a day), but it feels wrong to be sat in the house playing games when it's lovely outside.

Tepid Snake

Post by Tepid Snake » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:29 pm

If I'm just playing out of boredom, then I'll play at any time.

If I'm trying to complete something or play seriously, though, then I'll play at night- for some reason I play better under cover of darkness.
Updated 11/05/11 - P.O.W. - Prisoners of War
Image RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews & Community

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:04 pm

It doesn't really bother me too much as I have the blinds closed when playing games lol, however I think night time gaming can be a little better, I tend to play better and get into them more in the early hours.

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:25 pm

Mostly because of working all day, I'm a night-time gamer. I think I tend to get more involved with the game the later it is.

Cauterize

Post by Cauterize » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:38 pm

Night only unfortunately. Gaming soothes my Actionscript flooded mind after a long day!

I miss the student life style, student loan (aka game funds) and next to no responsibilities.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:59 pm

Of late, almost all of my gaming's been done on the PSP and its many emulators and whatnot, so I play in bed in the morning for a bit, then at various points throughout the day, and maybe a longer session when I go to bed. If I'm feeling sociable, I'll play SSX3 with my mam, or Worms with my brother, or Unreal Tournament/Puyo Puyo with my sister on the "big" telly.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:57 pm

I am a vampire - so night is pretty good for me. :twisted: :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:06 am

I mostly play during the day when im at work. Online Counter Strike, one of the many emulators ive got on my work PC or on my Game Boy Pocket/Colour/DS/PSP.

At night if ive been playing for a while at work the thought of playing when I get home doesnt even enter my head. I had a phase when GTAIV first came out of staying up till 12-1am to play but I like my sleep much more than progressing through a game!
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

Romulous

Post by Romulous » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:46 am

I voted both, basically when the child goes for a nap in the afternoon i usually have about 2 hours before he wakens for his evening vigil.

At nightime once in bed i can have a few hours gaming although the volume on the new sound system has be down low.
Failure isn't about falling down, failure is staying down.

Romulous

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:49 am

Usually night time. After getting home from my work-placement, I usually go online for a bit and stay on for a little too long and can't be bothered switching something on afterwards. As a result, my PSP/DS have been receiving heavy use as I can play both in bed.

Definitely going to have to cut-down on computer time.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

RetroKingSimon

Post by RetroKingSimon » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:23 am

I don't really think about it beforehand (until now :shock:) but generally in the evenings and night, I guess.

FlyHighKid

Post by FlyHighKid » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:06 pm

As much as I love playing at night, I often find it hard to get mum to let me stay up till late :/.
Which comes down to one thing: british winters are lovely for a gamer. It's always pouring with rain, so you can stay inside and play away :)
Image Image
psj3909 wrote:What next, Scary Movie better than Schindlers List ? What is everyone smoking.

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:09 pm

Depends.

Sometimes a quick session in the morning before going out.

But only play at night if :

I'm not out chasing tail/out with friends

or

If there is nothing worth watching on TV.
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

Chinnico

Post by Chinnico » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:59 pm

EvilArmourKing wrote:If there is nothing worth watching on TV.
If you were living in Italy as I do, you wouldn't have any indecision about what to do when friends are not around. :D

As for me, any time is good for playing, provided I don't have too much pressure. I mean, I like long sessions: if I know that would have to go out or do something else in less than one hour, I wouldn't even start playing.
Due to working reasons, since the last 10 years my playing time has been reduced to once or twice a week, after dinner, and sometimes a couple of hours in the weekend (day or night, whenever I manage).