iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch game recommendations

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

psj3809

Re: iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch game recommendations

Post by psj3809 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:21 am

Rayne wrote:
sscott wrote:
Rayne wrote:My iPhone game is now crammed full of Apps, I'll have to start removing a few now XP
I now have close to 100 bought game apps, keep getting given iTunes vouchers!
I currently have 118 paid for apps :oops: Although I've had an iOS device since Christmas 2009

I really want NFS Hot Pursuit but like most of you, I refuse to pay £2.99 because I know fine well two days after I pay that it'll be 59p
'gulp'

I have 254 ! (32 gig device)

Although i've had this for one month (ahem!)

I was the same with my Pocket PC, loved filling that up with stuff and dipping in and out. As you can tell i love the variety ! Completed Hero of Sparta I the other day, was excellent, well worth the measley £1.19 or how much it was.

Just really takes me back to the 80's, tons of games, good fun going through some of the game apps finding out what ones are the best or the ones i may like. Loads of variety, seeing previews, youtube videos, friends saying what ones to go for. Just an excellent 'scene' with iOS at the mo. Like the way i can have a go of a racer, then perhaps an RPG and then a retro classic. Then check twitter to see about upcoming games/sports news/other stuff, have a look at the game review apps to see what ones are coming out soon. Love it

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:25 am

any smaller publishers got sales on - or is it just the big boys?

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:35 pm

Timothy Lumsden wrote:any smaller publishers got sales on - or is it just the big boys?
Seems to be just the big boys. Might be more soon though, funny its all happening now just before Valentines.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:51 pm

I just bought and played Zombie Crisis 3D. Its a decent quality The House of the Dead clone on offer for only 59p at the mo.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:51 pm

World of Goo HD is down to 59p from £2.99 at the mo!

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:33 am

Double dragon has been announced, probably out in March

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:16 am

DreamcastRIP wrote:I just bought and played Zombie Crisis 3D. Its a decent quality The House of the Dead clone on offer for only 59p at the mo.
Thanks for the heads up, worth it at that price! Metal Gear Solid Touch has also been reduced to £1.19. I played the demo version and its pretty fun, worth it for that price I think.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:15 am

ShadowMan wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:I just bought and played Zombie Crisis 3D. Its a decent quality The House of the Dead clone on offer for only 59p at the mo.
Thanks for the heads up, worth it at that price! Metal Gear Solid Touch has also been reduced to £1.19. I played the demo version and its pretty fun, worth it for that price I think.
Yep, for only 59p the game is a steal! I was tempted to buy Metal Gear Solid: Touch at that reduced price... until I discovered the US are getting it for the an even lower price equivalent to 59p. :x

I just purchased Pac-Man Championship Edition at the currently reduced price of £1.79. Okay, its not as good as Pac-Man Championship Edition DX for PS3/Xbox 360 but its still a fun game nonetheless and I really like how they've implemented "swipe" controls as one of the available control schemes.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:04 am

Yeah i purchased that championship edition as well.

Good times the next few weeks, Double Dragon out in March, this month Speedball at some point and then 'perhaps' Battle Squadron at some point. (It was announced a while back, just waiting for it to come out).

Love all 3 of those games, hopefully they'll be decent.

Battle Squadron - http://www.iphonefreak.com/2010/11/excl ... phone.html

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:58 am

Battle Squadron One is now on my "most wanted" list! Thanks for the information. :)

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:03 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:
Yep, for only 59p the game is a steal! I was tempted to buy Metal Gear Solid: Touch at that reduced price... until I discovered the US are getting it for the an even lower price equivalent to 59p. :x

I just purchased Pac-Man Championship Edition at the currently reduced price of £1.79. Okay, its not as good as Pac-Man Championship Edition DX for PS3/Xbox 360 but its still a fun game nonetheless and I really like how they've implemented "swipe" controls as one of the available control schemes.
The swipe controls work very well for the original version too.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:48 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:
Yeah, I was a little bit gutted at the whole USA price thing with MGS but as I really enjoyed the demo I caved in anyway! Zombie Crisis 3D is pretty good fun as well, there is a strange satisfaction blowing away tons of zombies with the shotgun :mrgreen:

I grabbed Speedforge as well for 59p which is a futuristic Wipeout style racing game. Pretty decent as well, as with Wipeout (and Mario Kart) the missle items can be a pain when your trying to get a good lead but so far the difficulty isn't too punishing so I can sorta forgive that.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:08 am

Need for Speed Most Wanted is now back to 59p!! Bought, Bought & Bought.

Also caved in and picked up NBA Jam, can't wait to get stuck into this!

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:11 am

Just bought Blimp

Great looking game, very polished. Type of Thrust game, beautiful graphics and prety cheap

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:25 am

I gave in and picked up Dead Space since it was reduced to £1.70. I also gave Zombie Infection a go and its easily better than Capcom's own effort at putting Resident Evil on the iPhone. The controls are more streamlined and the game has larger levels to explore as opposed to bite sized chunks of stages which RE4 had.