iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch game recommendations

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

psj3809

Re: iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch game recommendations

Post by psj3809 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:32 am

^Damn shame its ipad only.

BlibBlob was released yesterday, nice little platformer and for 69p its a bargain...

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=101111

Today (Well around lunchtime) we should get a lot of new releases as they'll be out in NZ so that means 12am tonight for us. Hope to get some surprises. Should know in a few hours

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:31 am

Quite a few releases tonight, not keen on most of them, but this one i cant wait for...

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=1834917

P-47 The Phantom Fighter

Loved this game back in the arcades/consoles

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:28 am

59p apps have increased to 69p and £1.19 apps are now £1.49. SCANDALOUS!!! :lol:

Prices in Australia have decreased with $1.19 apps now down to $0.99. Grrrr! :mrgreen:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:50 am

Deathsmiles is out now for iphone. It's goddam awesome. If you like that kind of thing.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:42 am

Mootown wrote:Deathsmiles is out now for iphone. It's goddam awesome. If you like that kind of thing.
Yep, it's been out for over two weeks now and has been commented on in this very thread. Very cool game indeed. :D
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:28 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Mootown wrote:Deathsmiles is out now for iphone. It's goddam awesome. If you like that kind of thing.
Yep, it's been out for over two weeks now and has been commented on in this very thread. Very cool game indeed. :D
I didn't check back enough pages! It is good though :)

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:22 am

The newly released Tekken Bowl mini-game which originated on PS2's Tekken Tag Tournament is currently available for free. :D

http://toucharcade.com/2011/07/25/namco ... -for-free/

Take note Capcom/3DS! :lol:

quantum

Post by quantum » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:05 am

Can anyone recommend any good iPhone strategy games? Pref. turn based.

Obviously the iPad would be better suited to the genre, but I don't have one yet! :(

How about a game screenshot quiz? Amiga, DOS, Megadrive and Commodore 64.

yasw

Post by yasw » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:36 am

quantum wrote:Can anyone recommend any good iPhone strategy games? Pref. turn based.

Obviously the iPad would be better suited to the genre, but I don't have one yet! :(
UniWar is a nice turn based hexagon strategy game. Military Madness: Neo Nectaris is another great retro game in the same genre. A port of the PC-Engine game. There is also Ascendancy, official port of the PC game. All of which work great on the iPhone.

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:53 pm

these ever bigger file sizes are really starting to clog up my laptop - never mind the phone itself. Quite a few games out there getting pricey too. (I realise there's still tons of cheap small games, but the banner games are trending to higher price and file size).

On the previous about Sonic Kart - I thought it was rather good too.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:20 pm

Timothy Lumsden wrote:these ever bigger file sizes are really starting to clog up my laptop - never mind the phone itself. Quite a few games out there getting pricey too. (I realise there's still tons of cheap small games, but the banner games are trending to higher price and file size).
That happened for my laptop several weeks ago. I've since transferred the game files over to an external USB HDD so my laptop's HDD now has plenty of free space left to use.

Here's the guide on how to do it: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1751

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:22 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Timothy Lumsden wrote:these ever bigger file sizes are really starting to clog up my laptop - never mind the phone itself. Quite a few games out there getting pricey too. (I realise there's still tons of cheap small games, but the banner games are trending to higher price and file size).
That happened for my laptop several weeks ago. I've since transferred the game files over to an external USB HDD so my laptop's HDD now has plenty of free space left to use.

thanks mate - this is genuinely gonna be a lifesaver - I was about to cull a load of apps

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Timothy Lumsden wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:

thanks mate - this is genuinely gonna be a lifesaver - I was about to cull a load of apps
Glad to be of assistance. :D

On a related note, I'm now a tad concerned at the potential predicament I'd be left in if my external USB HDD were ever to fail. I've got another two external USB HDDs so I'll probably start periodically backing up my iTunes library on to one of those as well. I've heard too many horror stories over the years of coders losing data due to HDD failures where they've not regularly backed up said data on to a secondary device as "insurance". One can't be too careful it seems!

Joey

Post by Joey » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:59 am

Has anyone tried Groove Coaster?

It's a new Rez like game from Taito and currently 69p for iPhone/iPad. I'm going to d/l when I get home.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:07 am

Cave is currently developing a "new, original shooting game" exclusively for Japanese Windows Phone 7.5 devices, according to a press release recently issued by Microsoft.

Grrrrr! Bloody Microsoft. All they do, as Xbox 360 has shown, is throw piles of money at publishers to release games exclusively (or sometimes as a "timed exclusive", admittedly) for their platforms. :x