Let the good times roll

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

crusto

Let the good times roll

Post by crusto » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:11 pm

Ive just set up my md for the first time in years. Im officially 12 again :D Fantastic! The ultimate md collection was great but there aint nothin like the real thing baby.

The picture quality suffers a bit though on a 46" lcd :( but who cares. Ill get a scart sooner or later to ease the eye strain. Another bonus was the discovery of a converter which i'd forgot i owned. Yet i dont ever remember having to use one for genesis games before :? . I was lucky to have it though or a couple of the games i bought today wouldnt have worked.

Does anyone recommend that i buy a modded jap model? Ive had a butchers at willy's youtube channel earlier and that box art looks appealing. The console is slightly better looking n'all. Or should I just stick with my converter?

Right, gotta go, EA hockey is calling......

Eat your nans pants

Havantgottaclue

Re: Let the good times roll

Post by Havantgottaclue » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:19 pm

I have a scart cable for my Megadrive and it looks fantastic on my HDTV (although at 32" it's nowhere near the size of yours). You can see all the detail as never before. And as for the Saturn - WOW.
Soon you will have forgotten all things: soon all things will have forgotten you. (Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 7)

chrislondon

Post by chrislondon » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:25 pm

I did the exact same thing a week or so ago. Its absolutely brilliant! Can't believe how much fun the games are, even this many years on. Loving playing these old games again ( haven't touched my PS3, XBox 360, or Wii for weeks). I also bought a mega cd and have been buying lots of games on eBay - maybe a few too many :-) Also picked up a master system converter and am on the lookout for a 32x boxed in good condition.

I bought a scart cable too and can also confirm that the picture looks great on my 37" lcd tv. You should definitely get one.

crusto

Post by crusto » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:25 am

Will invest then. Hurry up pay day!

Eat your nans pants