The Worst Game In The World EVER.....Quarter Final Heat C

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Quarter Final, Heat C

Poll ended at Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:03 pm

Double Dragon (C64 Cassette)
41%
Eastenders (8 Bit Various)
19%
Barnies Hide And Seek (Mega Drive)
9%
Fifa Football (Various)
16%
Home Alone 2 (NES)
6%
ET (Atari 2600)
9%

Total votes: 32

SirClive

Re:

Post by SirClive » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:52 pm

HalcyonDaze wrote:Every single FIFA game has been appalling, and they keep getting worse.

A disgraceful series of games that fully deserve the abuse they are getting.
BALLS! You most certainly are in some form of daze :roll:

necronom

Post by necronom » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:37 pm

I don't know what they are like now, but I remember in the days of Games Master and Bad Influence the FIFA games looked terrible to me. They were isometric which is the worst way to play football games IMO, and the ball jerked across the screen like it was having some sort of fit. I've always hated FIFA games ever since.

Having said that, I didn't vote for it.

Lindopski

Post by Lindopski » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:19 am

I hate footy games , but double dragon gets my vote download the rom and try it out to see why when i got it for my c64 i was so displeased after enjoying the arcade version so much , the green hulks are the best??
Retro when it wasnt cool

SirClive

Re:

Post by SirClive » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:31 am

necronom wrote:I don't know what they are like now, but I remember in the days of Games Master and Bad Influence the FIFA games looked terrible to me. They were isometric which is the worst way to play football games IMO, and the ball jerked across the screen like it was having some sort of fit. I've always hated FIFA games ever since.

Having said that, I didn't vote for it.
So you are admitting to having an uneducated and probably misguided view of the franchise because you didn't like the games made 10 years ago. The franchise has moved on massively since then.

By the way, I don't want people to think I am some kind of FIFA or EA lover. I quite like FIFA games, but only the same as I will play Pro Evo or other franchises. Its just ridiculous that people are still rating it as the worst game in a list of truly awful games. The trick with FIFA, Pro Evo, Resi Evil, Chanp Manager, Driver and most other franchises is not to buy every bleeding thing that comes out. Use the info available to you and just buy the ones you want.

necronom

Post by necronom » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:27 am

I can only base my opinion on what I see or hear. The only FIFA games I can remember seeing are bad ones that people thought were good at the time (probably because they were console people who didn't have Sensi or Kick Off so that's the best they had). If they thought those were good, how can I trust what they say about later ones? Plus, in recent years I've heard that the FIFA games are never as good as the Pro-Evolution ones.

So, all the evidence I see and hear (plus lots of people here saying they are rubbish), gives me the impression that they aren't very good.

If that's "uneducated and probably misguided", then so be it.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:13 am

Its only "uneducated and probably misguided" if it is used to decide that the game is the worst ever. I have no problem with any of your comments (and am probably contradicting myself from earlier in this 'competition' when I nominated Resi Evil 1 because I didn't like the controls - and knew it would censored a few people off), but FIFA should not be voted for as the worst game ever just because it isn't as good as pro evo (which in my opinion is just as cash hungry a license).

I suppose I should have asked for a stewards enquiry at the start :wink: . I would accept anyone saying that FIFA 98 (for example) is the worst game ever, because they are judging a game and not a franchise.

revgiblet

Post by revgiblet » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:15 am

After the qualifying rounds I've decided that I'm only going to vote for games that I've actually played - I've played a few of the recent FIFA games and they're nowhere near as bad as C64 Double Dragon.
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

necronom

Re:

Post by necronom » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:13 pm

SirClive wrote:
Its only "uneducated and probably misguided" if it is used to decide that the game is the worst ever.
Which is why I mentioned before your post that I didn't actually vote for it.

I have never liked them, but I understand that they aren't the worst games ever, so I had already voted for another game.

SirClive

Re:

Post by SirClive » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:08 pm

necronom wrote:
SirClive wrote:
Its only "uneducated and probably misguided" if it is used to decide that the game is the worst ever.
Which is why I mentioned before your post that I didn't actually vote for it.

I have never liked them, but I understand that they aren't the worst games ever, so I had already voted for another game.
Lets call that one nil to you then :wink:

necronom

Post by necronom » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:24 pm

:lol:

Thanks.

HalcyonDaze

Post by HalcyonDaze » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:24 pm

The franchise has moved on massively since then.

ARF :lol: :lol: :lol:

The latest FIFA is abysmal, they are less playable now than they were ten years ago, and they were rubbish to start with.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:15 am

Course they are :roll:

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:59 am

I was going to vote Fifa just to stir things up, however, I think Double Dragon deserves the vote for being a massive pile of censored.

I didn't buy this when it first came out, but I have the misfortune of owning it twice, I bought it on budget just to see how bad it was, and then it was on a compilation I bought. Lucky me..... :shock:

Kickboxingshrimp

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:12 am

wow, its great that the fifa debate rages on, i avtully quite like the fifa games! lol

anyhoo

it looks like we know whos gonna go through 1 and 2, however

remember, if there is a tie for 3rd place, NEITHER game goes through...will it be a shock exit for et at the quarter final stage? lets wait and see!
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

yakmag

Re:

Post by yakmag » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:55 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:
yakmag wrote:I have played and own a copy of ET, it is a pile of tripe!!!!!
But not the worst game in the world ever?

and you still own it
I still have it as a reminder for how bad games can be!!! :D

Andafter reading the article ref this in the last issue,I can now fully sympathise with the author!!