Games you wouldnt part with

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

C=Style

Re: Games you wouldnt part with

Post by C=Style » Mon May 04, 2009 9:43 am

I would never part with some of my Saturn games, namely the shmups like Souky, Battle Garegga etc but also the classic Sega stuff like NiGHTS, Sega Rally, Daytona USA...

Trying to work on a decent PS2 collection at the mo, and they won't be gong anywhere either.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Mon May 04, 2009 4:04 pm

Xcom:psone.for the simple reason,that i foolishly DID,then regretted it,SO much and cost me a small fortune getting it back :lol:

None of the games since then have had quite such an effect and the promised new game by ex-Bioshock developer?Well,i`ve seen NOTHING. :cry:

I`ve had to sell FAR too many games and system`s in my life as is,i allways regret it.But at the time?seemed like a good move.

Budly Moore

Post by Budly Moore » Mon May 04, 2009 5:56 pm

Back 2 Skool - spectrum
Shadow Of The Collosus - ps2
Planescape Torment - pc

And more recently

Beautiful Katamari - 360
Oblivion - 360
Fallout 3 - 360

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Mon May 04, 2009 11:08 pm

Years and years ago I got rid of my Master System but kept all of the games, because we'd just got one of those Power Base convertors, and a couple of months ago I gave away my SNES and all of its games to a buddy of mine - he was desperate for a SNES, I was sick of the sight of my one, it worked out well for both of us (he gave me Shinobi III, Ecco II and Gunstar Heroes for the bundle).

Apart from that, I don't think I'd ever get rid of any of my stuff, especially not any of the handhelds, oh no!
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Tue May 05, 2009 6:43 am

I would never part with my Megdrive and SNES consoles/games.

TBH my 16 bit "collection" hasent grown in size since I was 16 when I got a Playstation and I like it that way. Its like a time capsule.

Even my original Megadrive which has been broken since 1995(ish) is still there. Its nostalgia more than anything but as daft as it sounds, if someone offered me £1000 for my broken MD id still say no.
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

Seadog74

Post by Seadog74 » Tue May 05, 2009 9:11 am

I wouldn't part with any of my cpc stuff because it's so hard to find working tapes these days.
Starglider 2, Elite, Apidya, Turrican 2 on the Amiga.
Tempest X3, Viewpoint and X2 on the playstation.
Ikaruga on the Gamecube.

harlequ1n

Post by harlequ1n » Tue May 05, 2009 10:28 am

STranger81 wrote:I would never part with my Megdrive and SNES consoles/games.

TBH my 16 bit "collection" hasent grown in size since I was 16 when I got a Playstation and I like it that way. Its like a time capsule.

Even my original Megadrive which has been broken since 1995(ish) is still there. Its nostalgia more than anything but as daft as it sounds, if someone offered me £1000 for my broken MD id still say no.
How about £1001 :) The only games I got when they were first released were my beloved LucasArts games. It's just a shame I was so young and didn't store the boxes, manuals, or discs for that matter, and they're pretty much gone now... I'd give anything to have those games back in their original and mint condition.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Tue May 05, 2009 12:15 pm

Rinoa wrote:I wouldn't part with my Squaresoft / Square Enix collection for the world! To be honest, I would be hard pressed to part with most of my games.

Welcome to the forum!

Same here. Also my RPG collection as a whole.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)