Is there ever a time to say enough is enough?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Nobody

Re: Is there ever a time to say enough is enough?

Post by Nobody » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:04 pm

junkmale wrote:This brings my total of CDi players to 5.
:shock:
If you ever want to sell one, let me know.

devilman

Post by devilman » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:08 am

I think for me it started in adulthood. When you're a kid, you're used to getting rid of one console to switch to the latest thing, basically upgrade one for the other. However, when I had my own income, I stopped getting rid of the older computer/console when buying something newer. At one point I had four spectrums - various models in various conditions and about 900+ games for them. However, all that takes up a fair bit of a space so when I got more into console gaming, all that had to go and sadly, most of it really wasn't worth much so I offloaded the crap cheaply and then listed the better things as a bundle on Ebay.

Mind you, I'm no better when it comes to consoles - I'm not one to resist a bargain so I've often ended up with multiples, with the worst offenders being Game Gears (I think I have about eight but fewer than half have no faults) and Game Boys (across all models I probably have 10 or so I guess). I'm also finding stuff that I forgot I had like a PS1 or a Mega Drive tucked away that I'd forgotten I'd put there.

However, I'm all out of space these days so I have to be brutal with my stuff which is why I offloaded my CD-I and TurboGrafx onto Ebay last week. I'd like to keep them all but I also need room to move about!

Antiriad2097

Re:

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:50 am

devilman wrote:When you're a kid, you're used to getting rid of one console to switch to the latest thing, basically upgrade one for the other.
No. I still have all my old systems.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

KW

Post by KW » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:23 pm

I had to sell one machine to get the next one due to lack of money. The C64 got sold to pay for the Amiga and that got sold to fund the PC.

Devin

Re: Is there ever a time to say enough is enough?

Post by Devin » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:28 pm

junkmale wrote:This brings my total number of CD-i players to 5.
PAH! Amateur :wink:

At last count I have around 20 or so CD-i players of all shapes and sizes. Now we're talking obsession :twisted:
www.blackmoonproject.co.uk - Philips CD-i Gaming... Honest!