Recommend me some Xbox 360 driving games.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Sureshot

Re: Recommend me some Xbox 360 driving games.

Post by Sureshot » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:31 am

GRID is certainly a great game, although I have it on PC with a wheel rather than 360.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:41 am

Out of all the racers I've played on the 360 I'd recommend Ridge Racer 6. It's the one racer that really "clicked" with me, the pick up and play gameplay was perfect for me since I've always been awful with any sim racers (Forza, GT etc.) Its a pretty long game to, unlocking all the cars and completing all the events will take a while with the last few races being extremely challenging. Online mode was good as well, though I'd imagine thats pretty much dead now.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:56 pm

Fatal Inertia is a good racing game...................

nesmaster

Post by nesmaster » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:50 pm

GRID. By a mile.
Xbox Live Gamer Tag:
SuperWarioMan

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:42 pm

Yet another thing that's pissing me off with PGR4, time vs. kudos events, what is the censored point?? the lime limit is so tight on some of them you need at least a 200mph motor to make up time on the straights, only to find it's totally uncontrolable through the bends while drifting, there's no inbetween, too slow a motor and you lose time on the straights, so you choose a faster car only to find you lose too much time on corners after you've hit a wall for the hundreth time :evil:

Another one, the map is completely useless on the more complex circuits, the zoom isn't close enough :evil:

I'm definately NOT buying PGR5 when/if it's released, unless they get rid of the shitty events.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:02 am

If you're relying on a map, then you're not going to win. Learn the track and you'll stop hitting walls.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:10 am

The hitting walls thing isn't down to the map, it's down to the stupid timed events where you need to handbrake round every bend to earn kudos that stop the clock, but if you choose a car that is controlable while drifting you lose speed on the straights, choose a car that's fast on the straights and it's uncontrolable while drifting, there's absolutlely no inbetween on the game :evil:

Learning the circuits sounds simple but would be easier with a map to help you out, when you're racing the full Nuburing circuit a good 7 minute lap, unless you spend your entire life playing the game you'll never learn every bend, but put me on the Nuburing F1 circuit and I can blow the others out the water.

Anyhoo, I'm almost finished the career mode now, after that I'll happily shelve the game :D

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:56 pm

Outrun online and sega rally are both good and the only racers I really enjoyed on 360. Forza is ok but you need some serious commitment, I've not seen many people get past the 300 achievement point barrier.