Yet another game ID question...

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Antiriad2097

Yet another game ID question...

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon May 29, 2006 5:28 am

Tucked away in a box somewhere I know I have this game, but for the life of me I can't remember the name...

It was on the Spectrum.

Iirc its a licenced game, possibly along the lines of Action Force - some sort of toy soldier.

Gameplay consisted of a friendly soldier automatically running forward through a building, with the player taking the part of a remote sniper - you'd have to take out enemies before they could atack the soldier. You never saw yourslef on screen, you just had a crosshair to shoot.

I really want to give this a go again as I remember it being really good but I want to check for rose tints.

TIA
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

mel the bell

Re: Yet another game ID question...

Post by mel the bell » Mon May 29, 2006 5:35 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:Tucked away in a box somewhere I know I have this game, but for the life of me I can't remember the name...

It was on the Spectrum.

Iirc its a licenced game, possibly along the lines of Action Force - some sort of toy soldier.

Gameplay consisted of a friendly soldier automatically running forward through a building, with the player taking the part of a remote sniper - you'd have to take out enemies before they could atack the soldier. You never saw yourslef on screen, you just had a crosshair to shoot.

I really want to give this a go again as I remember it being really good but I want to check for rose tints.

TIA
go get it out the box then

:P
On 2003-12-08 20:15, cyborg wrote:
You're all corporate bitches if you buy a console - face it. Unless it's a Phantom - in that case you're just stupid - because even if it did exist it'd be crap

Antiriad2097

Re: Yet another game ID question...

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon May 29, 2006 7:26 am

mel the bell wrote: go get it out the box then
:P
I would if I could. At best, its buried under a huge pile of stuff at the back of my loft (so I should find it later this week), at worst its in the same position in my mum's loft. I've not seen it for over a decade...
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Mon May 29, 2006 8:28 am

I think it is Action Force, I think there was a cartoon and a toy range as well as the game spin off...

merman

Post by merman » Mon May 29, 2006 8:46 am

Sounds like one of the levels from Beach Head 2. Or Hostages by Infogrames?
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Antiriad2097

Re:

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon May 29, 2006 1:07 pm

merman wrote:Sounds like one of the levels from Beach Head 2. Or Hostages by Infogrames?
Its neither of those Merman.

Rather embarrasingly, it really is an Action Force game - I'd only looked at the first one and its totally different :oops:

It's Action Force 2

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Tue May 30, 2006 5:58 am

Definately action force 2 and what a top game it was.