LOST SAVES

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Xyphoe

Re: LOST SAVES

Post by Xyphoe » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Call Of Cthulu on the Xbox ... its known to have many bugs anyway, but the boat level is very glitchy ... the corruption must have started just before it saved cause each time after loading the screen would go all messed up and then eventually lock up. That was god knows how many hours down the drain, that's about 2/3rds in and to have to start right back at the beginning again ARRRGHHH!!!
ImageImage

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:56 pm

Not a lost save exactly but an equal crime within games... the eternal death loop. I once saved a game of half-life on the ps-one whilst halfway down a fatal fall only to realise upon reloading that i was stuck in one of the aformentioned horrible loops of eternal doom...my own stupid fault really :oops:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

crusto

Post by crusto » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:02 pm

gman72 wrote:Not a lost save exactly but an equal crime within games... the eternal death loop. I once saved a game of half-life on the ps-one whilst halfway down a fatal fall only to realise upon reloading that i was stuck in one of the aformentioned horrible loops of eternal doom...my own stupid fault really :oops:
:lol:

Eat your nans pants

Titan

Post by Titan » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:45 pm

Titan wrote:I recently misplaced my Gamecube memory card, so that's a lot of data gone :(
If its in the house somewhere I have no idea where, have looked everywhere...

Was right in the middle of playing through Wind Waker as well <_<
UPDATE: I found it today!!!! :D

It was buried deep in one of my backpacks the whole damn time, for a whole year apparently :lol:

SMASH BROS FRIEND CODE: 1075-2488-1508

sleeper77

Post by sleeper77 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:44 pm

When I brought out my Amiga stuff, I found Sim City and Championship Manager save disks. I remember that I went through a few disks for the Champ Man saves, since write enabled disks constantly being written on the Amiga tend to get corrupted after quite a good number of times of doing the same thing.
Also not so retro, but I found some replay saves of Gran Turismo 3 for the PS2. I also have old saves for the Playstation 1 and Dreamcast although haven't really checked whats on the memory cards.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:15 pm

Anyone else got any amusing Eternal loop of death stories?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD