LOST SAVES

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

gman72

LOST SAVES

Post by gman72 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:08 pm

AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
My Resident Evil 5 save just glitched out on the final boss and i have to start again.
I've had this happen to me more than once on Oblivion also. It is highly infuriating and a complete waste of the time you put into getting those saves in the first place.
I once put 80 hours into Front Mission 3 on the ps1 only to have my young son go over the save with Gran tourismo replay saves.
Anyway what's the worst LOST SAVE incident that has ever happened to you?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

krusty40

Re: LOST SAVES

Post by krusty40 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:18 pm

Ouch but seeing as its RE5 i cant care sorry!

Worst game save loss was when Gran Turismo froze during the A International license tests and i lost the save. And my sanity... :D
Some advertising campaigns are very long indeed...

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:21 pm

Are you not a fan of Resi 5 Krusty?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:23 pm

Worst save I lost was on Tranformers Armada on the PS2. I spent extra time carefully locating each and every Minicon and data disc, finally got the lot and saved before the final level. Came back to it to finish it off later and the save was glitched. All that time down the drain, I never did unlock everything again.

Equally as bad was playing the 24 game for the PS2, which has a nasty glitch which will make it impossible to finish the game which crops up roughly 2/3 of the way through the game. Unlike Armada it was a tedious painful slog to get back through that game (and the end was damn dissapointing as well - Final boss takes 1 hit.)
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

krusty40

Post by krusty40 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:26 pm

gman72 wrote:Are you not a fan of Resi 5 Krusty?
I HATE RE4 with a passion and only bought the latest game out of curiosity and i got it cheap. Have yet to play it but if its anything like 4, it will be a watered down crap version of what was once a masterpiece.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:32 pm

well you have a free will my friend, I'm glad to see you using it. :)

kebabage

Post by kebabage » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:33 pm

Dayam!
My Pokemon Gold,Silver and Sapphire are nackered. I think its the internal battery buggering up - Usually 3rd party instruments corrupt the saves. Also in games where there are multiple game slots, you should'nt overwrite too often as that also encourages corruption
Giant Hairy Cabbages!

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:44 pm

Those are all stories of horror, but no-one has beat 80 hours lost... not yet anyway.

Fred83

Post by Fred83 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:48 pm

thanks to modern technology although i know most of you wont like it,some of the action replay cds allowed you to download saves from the net,and if your machine had a usb port,connect the memory stick to the usb in which the action replay software would had read the saves from your memory stick

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:22 pm

YAYA!!!! I'm the biggest loser... oh, hang on. :?

necronom

Post by necronom » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:41 pm

I lost 60 hours of GTA: San Andreas and my whole True Crime save (which I'd finished, luckily). The buggy Datel Max Drive software corrupted my entire USB flash drive. Datel knew about the problem, but chose not to tell anyone, even though they regularly emailed my about other stuff they wanted to sell me. The total ba$tards. They went on my list, and I'll never buy another Datel product ever again.

[edit] I forgot to mention that I was backing up my save game when it did this, as I was terrified of losing it...
Last edited by necronom on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

krusty40

Post by krusty40 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:44 pm

necronom wrote:I lost 60 hours of GTA: San Andreas and my whole Tru Crime save (which I'd finished, luckily). The buggy Datel Max Drive software corrupted my entire USB flash drive. Datel knew about the problem, but chose not to tell anyone, even though they regularly emailed my about other stuff they wanted to sell me. The total ba$tards. They went on my list, and I'll never buy another Datel product ever again.
60 hours of san andreas gone???

OUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. That is crap and i would see how you would lose faith forever in that company.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:53 pm

I lost my Street fighter EX save ages ago
Not so bad till I say that I had nearly every ending and almost all of advanced training mode done

James A

Post by James A » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:36 pm

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 had unlocked everything bar one charecter and the file just vanished off the memory card.To say i was gutted was an understatement

Commander Jameson

Post by Commander Jameson » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:07 pm

Lost 60 hours of Final Fantasy 7 when my PS1 Memory Card died.

Lost 120 hours of Battlefield 2, still not entirely sure how. Never went back to it, bought Battlefield 2142 instead which I've now racked up 240 hours on.