Loading Wii Channels from an SD card :)

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

JetSetWilly

Re: Loading Wii Channels from an SD card :)

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:33 pm

BobGeorge wrote:
ToxieDogg wrote:Well on the arcade games front, the only things they've got at the moment is a couple of things like Namco's Mappy and Tecmo's Starforce, which have already been on retro compilations before...but they're in the cheaper '500' points catagory so far. At that price, there's a few games that I wouldn't mind paying for and downloading even though I've already got them on MAME.
Initial releases aren't great, but Namco is promising Rolling Thunder, Splatterhouse, Xevious and Galaga '88 (although I've already got Galaga 90 on the VC) amongst others, so the future isn't looking too bad at all. Just need some other developers to jump in now.
If they did put Rolling Thunder and Splatterhouse on there, there's not point me getting them, as I already have RTII on VC for MD and Splatterhouse for Turbo Grafx on VC as well. But, Arcade games are long over due. The Wii's vc future is looking bright indeed.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Jeremiah Jones

Post by Jeremiah Jones » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:15 pm

With arcade games added, maybe we'll actually get the arcade version of Killer Instinct... or not.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:14 am

JetSetWilly wrote:If they did put Rolling Thunder and Splatterhouse on there, there's not point me getting them, as I already have RTII on VC for MD and Splatterhouse for Turbo Grafx on VC as well. But, Arcade games are long over due. The Wii's vc future is looking bright indeed.
Rolling Thunder 2 is a lot better than the first game, but the original arcade version of Splatterhouse is way superior to the Turbo Grafx port, particularly the censored western version.

Certain people will hate me for saying this but I find with some PC Engine games that while they look the part (often spot on), they certainly don't play as well as the originals. :(
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

station

Post by station » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:52 am

Piracy on the Wii at this age will give it a boost, I still buy games, but the possibility of downloading old Gamecube stuff will make me want to switch it back on for the first time in a year.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:10 pm

Great news :) There are a few new games coming out on on wii ware I want to download. The virtual arcade is a great idea in theory - progear and loads of other new shmups, lots of model 2 and 3 conversions that never saw the light of day, bizzare classics from the pages of retro gamer.................either that or more likely space invaders and arcade versions of pc engine games :(

ivarf

Post by ivarf » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:57 pm

RETRO????