Post Your Interesting Gaming Facts

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Post Reply
User avatar
liveinabin
Posts: 1183
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:23 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Post Your Interesting Gaming Facts

Post by liveinabin » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:14 pm

The woman who tells you off when you put a Dreamcast disk in a CD player hates all human life and wants to end all joy upon this earth.

Still, she does still manage to sound hot.

User avatar
krusty40
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:44 am
Location: ireland

Re: Post Your Interesting Gaming Facts

Post by krusty40 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:25 pm

Resident Evil 3 is set 24hrs before the events of RE2 and also 24hrs after the events of RE2, with jill being hurt form the nemesis poison in between. so just think-during all that ada wong, claire and leon malarkey, poor jill was lying on a church alter waiting for carlos to get an antidote for her wounds :lol:
Some advertising campaigns are very long indeed...

User avatar
Sigma
Posts: 761
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:33 pm

Re: Post Your Interesting Gaming Facts

Post by Sigma » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:36 pm

liveinabin wrote:The woman who tells you off when you put a Dreamcast disk in a CD player hates all human life and wants to end all joy upon this earth.

Still, she does still manage to sound hot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OECJtSUb924

Where did they manage to find a woman who sounds like Lara Croft?

User avatar
TwoHeadedBoy
Posts: 9028
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Re: Post Your Interesting Gaming Facts

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:51 pm

Wow, never knew the Dreamcast things could do that. What a terrific little song! Wonder if there's any way I could "rip" that to my hard drive or whatever?

Erm, there was also someone on EverQuest or World of WarCraft or something who killed himself after his virtual buddy killed him and took all his gold. I read that somewhere, think it was on Snopes.com (Green coded for "truth").
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

User avatar
krusty40
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:44 am
Location: ireland

Re: Post Your Interesting Gaming Facts

Post by krusty40 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:54 pm

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Wow, never knew the Dreamcast things could do that. What a terrific little song! Wonder if there's any way I could "rip" that to my hard drive or whatever?

Erm, there was also someone on EverQuest or World of WarCraft or something who killed himself after his virtual buddy killed him and took all his gold. I read that somewhere, think it was on Snopes.com (Green coded for "truth").
oh that is disturbingly sad. no game is worth doing any harm to yourself i mean honestly thats just fcuked up.
Some advertising campaigns are very long indeed...

User avatar
Sigma
Posts: 761
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:33 pm

Re: Post Your Interesting Gaming Facts

Post by Sigma » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:55 pm

You don't actually get the song btw, you just get told off by the woman with the incredibly sexy voice. I only discovered this on putting a Dreamcast game in my Saturn by mistake.

User avatar
clarance
Posts: 2702
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: The Fens
Contact:

Re: Post Your Interesting Gaming Facts

Post by clarance » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:57 pm

krusty40 wrote: oh that is disturbingly sad. no game is worth doing any harm to yourself i mean honestly thats just fcuked up.
Dude, those North Koreans are krazy mixed up kats.
Death may be your Santa Claus.

User avatar
krusty40
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:44 am
Location: ireland

Re: Post Your Interesting Gaming Facts

Post by krusty40 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:01 pm

clarance wrote:
krusty40 wrote: oh that is disturbingly sad. no game is worth doing any harm to yourself i mean honestly thats just fcuked up.
Dude, those North Koreans are krazy mixed up kats.
i always knew there were people out there who had so little in their life they would literally spend 24hrs playing online games and entering competitions. but to get so involved that you took it as serious suicide is crazy and disturbing. get a life people!

having said that i laughed when i heard the recent report that a 12yr old boy in america had shot his mother in the face in a "row about chores". you couldnt make that up!
Some advertising campaigns are very long indeed...

User avatar
TwoHeadedBoy
Posts: 9028
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Re: Post Your Interesting Gaming Facts

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Nope, he was an American. See?
Very sad, very sad indeed.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

User avatar
clarance
Posts: 2702
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: The Fens
Contact:

Re: Post Your Interesting Gaming Facts

Post by clarance » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:07 pm

Aww man, that doesn't count. The guy was a skitz. Any number of factors could have triggered the poor chap.
Death may be your Santa Claus.

User avatar
Space_turnip
Posts: 3930
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: Yate, Bristol

Re: Post Your Interesting Gaming Facts

Post by Space_turnip » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:17 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_addiction

There's a longer list there of gaming related deaths.

It's going to happen a lot more, and it's not always down to being 'sad'. Depression is an absolute killer, and if you've got a game which can take you away from that world and give you power, a life away from your own and hundreds of people who will talk to you (regardless of class, age, sex or race), then i'm not surprised - or concerned - that many take that choice. Yes, it's a sad fact that some will then take their own life (or in some cases, other lives) but there are hundreds of thousands out there who in al relaity may have ended it a long time ago if it wasn;t for the worlds they inhabit in online games.
Image

User avatar
TwoHeadedBoy
Posts: 9028
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Re: Post Your Interesting Gaming Facts

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:21 pm

Couldn't agree with you more there, sure there are many on these forum sort of things who see it as an escape of sorts.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

User avatar
clarance
Posts: 2702
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: The Fens
Contact:

Re: Post Your Interesting Gaming Facts

Post by clarance » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:33 pm

Its an interesting topic for sure, but one that tends to be skewed by the media's frenzy to jump upon any negativity within a culture that for the most part they just don't understand.

It's true that gameing (particularly online gameing) can be detrimental to ones personality and well-being, but just like other addictive activities and substances it all depends on the individuals ability to cope with what's being thrown at them.

Those with 'addictive personalities', and unstable upbringings are always going to be more exposed to dangers, wherever they may find them in life.
Death may be your Santa Claus.

User avatar
krusty40
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:44 am
Location: ireland

Re: Post Your Interesting Gaming Facts

Post by krusty40 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:36 pm

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Couldn't agree with you more there, sure there are many on these forum sort of things who see it as an escape of sorts.
you can certainly say that again! i could name at least five who probably sleep on this forum :lol:
Some advertising campaigns are very long indeed...

User avatar
nesmaster
Posts: 1943
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:57 pm
Location: Birmingham UK

Re: Post Your Interesting Gaming Facts

Post by nesmaster » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:04 pm

krusty40 wrote:
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Couldn't agree with you more there, sure there are many on these forum sort of things who see it as an escape of sorts.
you can certainly say that again! i could name at least five who probably sleep on this forum :lol:


Oh please, for the love of god, crawl back under the rock from where you came from. I'm sick of you trolling almost every single topic that comes along. It really is getting boring now.
Xbox Live Gamer Tag:
SuperWarioMan

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests