How many hours a week do you play ?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

kaiserpc

Post by kaiserpc » Fri May 19, 2006 11:26 am

as has already been said it can vary from one extreme to the other

I do try and get about 1 hour a night on average though - usually playing in the retro league (see my sig or Antiriad's). We're currently playing Chuckie Egg on the BBC emulator. Seeing someone in the league beat your score makes you want to go back and have one more go.

Although some weeks I hardly get to play anything at all - when life gets in the way!

Last Christmas holiday though I was off work for 2 weeks and completed Battle for Middle Earth from start to finish
c64 > spectrum 48k

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Fri May 19, 2006 11:31 am

Very very very little. I spend more time on this forum and ebay than playing games. Have tried to start FF Origins 4 times in the last few days and still haven't got passed the intro without getting interupted.

retro mania

Post by retro mania » Fri May 19, 2006 1:23 pm

It depends really week for week if I've just brought a new game then I'll try to play it every day even if only for 30 minutes I'd say on average about 4 to 8 hours a week.

dark_thunder

Post by dark_thunder » Sat May 20, 2006 1:08 am

Around 4 to 6 hours a week. Due to a lack of time I have the habit to sample a game for 20 to 30 min and than it disappears in the collection. More time is spend on reading and buying games than actually playing them. :oops:

preownedgames.co.uk

Re:

Post by preownedgames.co.uk » Sat May 20, 2006 6:03 am

dark_thunder wrote:More time is spend on reading and buying games than actually playing them. :oops:

A lot of people have said that and I would almost agree, sometimes it seems like the collecting and trading is more important than the playing!
Preowned Games - Buy games that other people are bored with.

merman

Re:

Post by merman » Sat May 20, 2006 6:42 am

preownedgames.co.uk wrote:
dark_thunder wrote:More time is spend on reading and buying games than actually playing them. :oops:

A lot of people have said that and I would almost agree, sometimes it seems like the collecting and trading is more important than the playing!
Yes, I spend a lot of time reading about games. But only to decide what to get next/emulate. The playing is more important than the trading to me...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

C4

Post by C4 » Sat May 20, 2006 10:10 am

Depends on mood and circumstances. At the moment I am playing for about just over two hours a day.

Delboy

Post by Delboy » Sat May 20, 2006 4:06 pm

Well i just spent 1 hour trying to save that chick in Prince of Persia.

I failed at level 8, it`s a game I don`t recall completing, anyone know
how many levels there is?

khisanth

Post by khisanth » Sat May 20, 2006 7:01 pm

yeah I have far too many games across all formats.

I usually have 5 or 6 games on the go, with one or two main ones. Battlefield 2 and WoW take up most of my time, then i have a break and play on a console.

average 3 hours a night and I feel i still dont have enough time.

I find the older I get the more games, hobbies and projects I get into with not enough time to devote to all of them