How many hours a week do you play ?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

preownedgames.co.uk

How many hours a week do you play ?

Post by preownedgames.co.uk » Thu May 18, 2006 5:39 am

Does anybody else out there find that they now have a massive games collection but absolutely no spare time to play them ?

Due to work commitments and the fact that i've been working on my new website I have only been playing for a bout 3 or 4 hours a week. This is a tragedy because I haven't had chance to play animal crossing DS properly, have hardly played on my xbox 360 despite wanting to get into kameo and loving PGR 3.

Also I think my Nintendog has died due to neglect :(

merman

Post by merman » Thu May 18, 2006 5:44 am

I try to fit in as much gaming time as I can, usually at least 3 hours a day...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

killbot

Post by killbot » Thu May 18, 2006 6:32 am

I have a Master System, SNES, Saturn, PSone, N64, Amiga, GB, Gamecube and XBox 360, with anything up to 50 games for each.

I currently get to play for about 2 hours a week :(

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Thu May 18, 2006 6:58 am

At the moment I am getting in around 4-5 hours a day...
Being at home all day with the mrs at work means I can pretty much do what I like and I like gaming lol

I am also putting together another of my gaming videos, a bit like Dannys Independent Specials. So if I am not playing games I tend to be sodding about with video clips of them..

Kai

Post by Kai » Thu May 18, 2006 9:15 am

1-6 hours per day, depending how much work I have to do :lol:
When I was younger and had even more time I used to play 4-9 hrs per day... 8)
Sounds addicted, I know :wink:

revgiblet

Re:

Post by revgiblet » Thu May 18, 2006 9:26 am

merman wrote:I try to fit in as much gaming time as I can, usually at least 3 hours a day...
Snap. I don't go to bed before midnight purely because I'm playing games. I've got two small children as well, so I'm slowly going insane through lack of sleep.
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu May 18, 2006 9:49 am

I've got/buy way more games than I've time for. Of over 50 GC games bought over the last couple of years, There are probably only half a dozen or so been given any decent playtime. I'm halfway through Yoshi's Island, never quite got expert at Tempest 2k... you get the gist.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

necronom

Post by necronom » Thu May 18, 2006 10:05 am

It's difficult to put a number on it. It's quite random. I might play the current retro league game (see Antiraid's sig) a few nights a week for maybe an hour each time. Then I've got Burnout: Revenge to finish - I might play that a couple of hours a night if there isn't anything on TV. Once I finish that, I'll be getting Resi Evil 4 followed by the new Tomb Raider and GTA: Liberty City Stories. Depending how good they are (and I think I'll like them all quite a lot), I'll probably play them every night in-between things on TV and internet browsing.

I might spend most of the weekend playing games if it's a new one and I'm really into it. Once I've finished the above, I might not play much at all unless something else I want is released.

So, "most of my spare time" (in-between other things) if I have a new game to finish, or "not much" if I'm in-between games.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu May 18, 2006 10:42 am

Used to play a fair few PC games when i lived on my own, now i've moved in with the missus and have other issues in life (eg starting a business etc and my normal job) i have less and less time sadly.

But thats where retro games are so great, you can easily have a quick go on some game. I have a MAME machine i try to use lots as i love it.

But for me i play all of my other emulated games on a Pocket PC, working away from home these are vital to not being bored stuck in a hotel ! I play tons of emulators on this when i have the time or until the battery packs in.

Over the last year or two my priorities have changed, obviously getting married, living with the missus is one major reason and just other stuff which i hate to say are more important.

I do make sure i get my retro gaming fix from time to time though or i get the 'shakes' !

frank grimes

Post by frank grimes » Thu May 18, 2006 11:00 am

Anywhere between 1-5 hours a day. Depends on work and whether I want to see my friends or not. Sometimes I spend more time talking about games than actully playing them!
Giving it 100%, 60% of the time.

davrho

Post by davrho » Thu May 18, 2006 12:34 pm

Two hours a day. Stop watching tv if you need more time for gaming.

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Thu May 18, 2006 2:23 pm

I go from one extreme to the other, at the moment it's been a non gaming spell of 2 weeks and counting!!

However, in the 6 weeks leading up to this drought I completed Resi 4, Batman Begins, Tomb Raider:Legend, Onimusha, and played many many hours on Taito Legends 2.

I think I'm all gamed out at the moment. This will all change when I get my 360, which you can all help me buy if you click on the link in my sig and bid/shameless plug. :wink:

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Fri May 19, 2006 5:26 am

I try to play at least an hour or so a day, but sometimes I'll go days without playing anything. I'm also guilty of buying too many games & spending too much time chatting about gaming on forums. :oops:

redleader28

Post by redleader28 » Fri May 19, 2006 8:18 am

If the other half is about then maybe an hour a two a night but when she's away then it's all day baby.
Nobody shoots anyone in the face unless you're a hitman or a gamer

mrmessy

Post by mrmessy » Fri May 19, 2006 11:13 am

It seems being married really does get in the way of gaming!

I only manage about 4 hrs a week on average.