Bikini zombie slayers

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Fightersmegamix

Bikini zombie slayers

Post by Fightersmegamix » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:39 pm

Best name for a new game in years :) I can't wait to see how they explain wearing that outfit while killing zombies :) Do publishers think that women and zombies sell games?

I'm ordering my copy, it's out next month. What's the silliest story twist or idea in a game you can think of?

Tepid Snake

Post by Tepid Snake » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:05 pm

I didn't know the Wii version was coming out over here! I have one of the PS2 games in the series (there's about 3 different versions or something silly, all with generic titles so you don't really know that it involves bikini-wearing cowgirls killing zombies with swords) and they're not bad... The levels just drag on forever, though. There's no explanation for the outfits either. They're just there because they are.

As for the silliest story twist, that belongs to a Taito game called Growl, on the Taito Legends 2 collection. You fight evil animal hunters throughout the game, and then at the end, it turns out that the poachers were under the control of a giant boreworm which comes out of the stomach of a magician, and tries to kill you by flinging rockets at you.
Updated 11/05/11 - P.O.W. - Prisoners of War
Image RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews & Community

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:49 pm

I am rather looking forward to this, hoping against hope that it'll actually have a decent game underneath with a usable combat system.

I don't see the need for an explanation. It has zombies. And bikini babes with swords. Both of those things are good - good enough reasons in themselves.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

nesmaster

Post by nesmaster » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:22 pm

:D :D :D
Definitely getting this :D
Xbox Live Gamer Tag:
SuperWarioMan

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:38 pm

will probably pick it up pre-owned and cheap. the xbox game is from 2006 tho so maybe the wii sequel is the way to go....

PubZombie

Post by PubZombie » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:28 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:I am rather looking forward to this, hoping against hope that it'll actually have a decent game underneath with a usable combat system.

I don't see the need for an explanation. It has zombies. And bikini babes with swords. Both of those things are good - good enough reasons in themselves.
NUFF SAID!!!!!
I am strangely aroused
The Truth is but a Construct; empowering creator and subjugating consumer... "War is the continuation of 'politik' with the admixture of other means."

binatone; spectrum 48k; vic20; C64; Amiga; Sega MS; N64; GP2X, OpenPandora, IPad 3.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:08 pm

I was actually going to call you all a bunch of nutters, wanting to buy a game that you've never heard of just because it's got a wacky title and bikini wearing babes in it.

But then I remembered that I was a massive Troma movies fan.... :oops:
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

James A

Post by James A » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:09 pm

Looking at some Youtube footage it dosen't look the greatest and a couple of people who have it on impport are a bit meeeeh about it. Might be a second hand job.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Second hand job??

Any hand job from that bird in a bikini would do me! :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Mr. Laufeyson

Post by Mr. Laufeyson » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:43 pm

the ps2 games zombie hunters and zombie hunters 2 have been out here ages. get the second one, the first one's a bit crap.

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:46 pm

markopoloman wrote:Second hand job??

Any hand job from that bird in a bikini would do me! :lol:
the window size i am using to read this only nicely cut second off that sentence in james post. Might be a hand job indeed! :D

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:26 am

Mr. Laufeyson wrote:the ps2 games zombie hunters and zombie hunters 2 have been out here ages. get the second one, the first one's a bit crap.
I was lead to believe that they are called Zombie Zone? Bloody hard to track down too being a 505 release - Lord I hate that publisher :x

Anyway, I'd love to say that I'm above such game concepts but who am I kidding, I'm gonna buy this - smells like a potential future cult-classic to me. Also, it's really rare for such a Japanese idea to make it out here so I'm intrigued.

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:32 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:I am rather looking forward to this, hoping against hope that it'll actually have a decent game underneath with a usable combat system.

Yeah, too many games worry about backstory now- its one reason a lot of games lack the sheer WTFness they had in the 8-bit days.
speed/missile/double/laser/option/?

SexyWayne

Re: Bikini zombie slayers

Post by SexyWayne » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:50 am

Fightersmegamix wrote:Do publishers think that women and zombies sell games?

I'm ordering my copy, it's out next month.
i think you answered that question yourself :lol: :wink:

liveinabin

Post by liveinabin » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:20 pm

Is it going to be called Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers as it is in US?
I've known it as Onechanbara for so long, it'd be weird being called anything else. Like when they changed the name of Elebits to Eledees and the world went "what?".

Looks stupid and exploitative. But then, so was Rumble Roses and that was awesome.