Really p****d off!

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

pottyboy

Really p****d off!

Post by pottyboy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:45 pm

Really, I am!

I've just purchased Metroid Prime Corruption for the Wii (preowned) and 2 PSP games, LocoRoco 2 and Tekken: Dark Ressurection (both on buy 1 get 1 free), from GAME. I go home to try them out, and what do I find inside the LocoRoco 2 box? The disc and manual for... LocoRoco 1!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Can't believe that the assistant didn't notice!!!

As a result, I checked the Metroid game. The correct game disc and manual are in there (although the disc is a bit scratched). Tekken should be fine though, as that one is sealed.

Oh well. I'll try out the Metroid game to see if that loads, and will pay another visit during the week. But yes, I am VERY p****d off!!!

"And I've got a little TIP for you. Get the POINT?" - Guybrush Threepwood

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:50 pm

Give those GAME employees a break. Some of them seem to give the impression that the act of breathing is an achievement so getting a little muddled with selling games is no biggie! :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:28 pm

I've gotten into the habit of checking the boxes as soon as I leave. Hows Tekken? The PSP is the only thing I have just now that can play a Tekken game and i've heard it's quite good.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

stvd

Re: Really p****d off!

Post by stvd » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:46 pm

Hijacking of pottyboy's thread alert! :)

Seen a nice Crystal Xbox on ebay, £10 + £15 p+p.
8 games but nothing special (Need for Speed Underground 2, Secret Weapons Over Normandy, Call Of Duty Finest Hour, The Simpsons Hit & Run, FIFA 06, Sonic Heroes, Sensible Soccer 2006, Fife Football 2005).

Sellers in my own town so I send a message asking if I can pick it up

"Yeah sure no problem even better "

Cool, could be a nice bargain.

Today I get this message.

"hi There, although im happy for you to pick up the xbox should you win the auction, the price would still include the £15 p+p as i couldnt possibly give the box aware with so many games for £10 should nobody else bid."

:evil:

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:07 pm

thankfully i've only ever had one problem like pottyboy, i bought bioshock preowned, the disc was a little scratched but thought it would be ok, kept locking up my 360 tho :evil: and it's a 6 mile round trip to the other side of wolves to get it exchanged

on the subject of xbox 1, i've got one coming my way soon, chipped, big hd upgrade about 30 games, mostly originals, 2 controllers all for £30 off a workmate :D

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:08 pm

I had a similar thing where GAME had given me the disc + manual to Max Payne instead of number 2. Replaced it no problem but its damn annoying having to make another trip down just to get them correct their mistake.
Saying that when I picked up Blood Will Tell for the PS2 the employee forgot to even put any game in the case, thankfully I noticed before I left the shop else I'd be really annoyed!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:15 pm

My worst GAME experience was when my copy of Icewind Dale Heart of Winter shattered when I took it out of the case.

The little s**t behind the counter all but accused me of breaking it myself but fortunately the manager was lurking around and told him just to give me another one...
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:21 pm

I had an annoying experience over Christmas with HMV leaving one of those bloody red tags on the case of Project Sylpheed. Magnets didn't work at all (as they were supposed to) and I didn't have time to go back there before returning here, so ended up breaking the box and getting a replacement instead. Luckily, the game wasn't in the actual CD tray part of the case that the red thing usually goes over, but in a plastic bag with the manual in its holder.

TyronW

Post by TyronW » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:28 pm

Well as en ex-employee of GAME, all I can say is the worst people ever is the customers. Some kid tried to open a PSP game from its UMD case and tried to get an exchange, which the manager said was fine. Another tried to say a brand new sealed copy of Gears of War had a microsoft data disc inside it instead of the game, he got a refund.

The only one who didnt get an exchange was the guy who wanted to take back his DS lite because the hinge had broken and it was our fault his palms were too sweaty to hold the damn thing.

Anyway I've been shouted at, laughed at for checking age, even threatened by one customer who couldn't wait for his copy of Need for Speed Pro on the 360 at 8.59am. Geez give them a break, except for the stupid ones - then moan all you want.
Last edited by TyronW on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TyronW

Post by TyronW » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:30 pm

jdanddiet wrote:My worst GAME experience was when my copy of Icewind Dale Heart of Winter shattered when I took it out of the case.

The little s**t behind the counter all but accused me of breaking it myself but fortunately the manager was lurking around and told him just to give me another one...
How on earth did it just shatter when you took it out? I've never had a disc break on me...so HOW THE HELL?

The "little s**t behind the counter" was probably thinking the same thing as i am.

C=Style

Re: Really p****d off!

Post by C=Style » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:32 pm

stvd wrote:Hijacking of pottyboy's thread alert! :)

Seen a nice Crystal Xbox on ebay, £10 + £15 p+p.
8 games but nothing special (Need for Speed Underground 2, Secret Weapons Over Normandy, Call Of Duty Finest Hour, The Simpsons Hit & Run, FIFA 06, Sonic Heroes, Sensible Soccer 2006, Fife Football 2005).

Sellers in my own town so I send a message asking if I can pick it up

"Yeah sure no problem even better "

Cool, could be a nice bargain.

Today I get this message.

"hi There, although im happy for you to pick up the xbox should you win the auction, the price would still include the £15 p+p as i couldnt possibly give the box aware with so many games for £10 should nobody else bid."

:evil:
Yeah but that's fair enough though mate as that's still a a damn fine deal. You can't seriously expect to pick up all of that lot for a tenner.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:45 pm

TyronW wrote:
jdanddiet wrote:My worst GAME experience was when my copy of Icewind Dale Heart of Winter shattered when I took it out of the case.

How on earth did it just shatter when you took it out? I've never had a disc break on me...so HOW THE HELL?

The "little s**t behind the counter" was probably thinking the same thing as i am.
Pulled it out, it broke in half.

you callin' me a liar? :wink:
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

Pacific

Post by Pacific » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:32 pm

Unfortunately, you have to remember that the customer is always right..

I think that many shops have a lot to learn from their US counterparts in terms of customer services, although I feel a bit sorry for Game staff I think they have to deal with some real dross alot of the time.

famicom69

Post by famicom69 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:48 pm

TyronW wrote: threatened by one customer who couldn't wait for his copy of Need for Speed Pro on the 360 at 8.59am.
Oh. Dear. I loathe going into Game, Gamestation and Cex. Each shop is always smelly, stuffy, blaring out crappy vamp metal and full of absolute gullible twats. Gamestation have pissed me off in regards to ditching retro stock in certain stores and swapping consoles with dead pixels.

Me: Can I swap it? Its the fourth one Ive had from here with a dead pixel.
Miss Piggy: Was it part of a trade in?
Me: Yes.
Miss Piggy: (Partly laughing) Cant and won't swap it again, your going to have live with it. Mines got a dead pixel but I still use it all the time.
Me: But I don't use mine play Bratz on my lunch break.

Working in a shop myself, I wasn't standing for that crap. She was almost like the fat kid at school who always broke everyone's toys and had everything for Christmas.

Back when MVC was open I bought Virtua Cop for PC and got given a Virtua Fighter CD instead. Tad annoying.

Was in Cex the otheday and almost bought Odama for gamecube. Was only £6, so there had be a catch. In the queue, this kid in front who was trading in a pile of games and looked like a genuine cex regular (lack of vitamins) sort of turned his head like the first zombie encounter in Resi 1 and without even facing me and staring off into space he dribbled: 'YOU NEED THE MICROPHONE. PERSONALLY I THOUGHT ODAMA WAS A DISSAPOINTMENT.'
Safe to say I shelved it and left the store. Bloke behind the counter looked annoyed, having lost a customer.

Rant over Im going for another stella :evil: :evil: :evil:

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:08 pm

Pacific wrote:Unfortunately, you have to remember that the customer is always right..
Its the customer is always wrong you just have to give the impression they are always right :wink:
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius