Games that you wish you hadn't sold?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

flying_delorean81

Post by flying_delorean81 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:30 am

I regret selling my slim PS2 on eBay and then giving my lightgun and collection of lightgun games to my 6 year old nephew. I'm now considering buying another slim PS2 and starting a games collection... I'm an idiot aren't I for selling them in the first place :(

Am I bad for considering stealing back my lightgun and games from a 6 year old?
My Instagram: @caveofpixels
My Facebook: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My Tumblr: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My DeviantART page: caveofpixels.deviantart.com

TyronW

Post by TyronW » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:19 am

harlequ1n wrote:Mint condition Shadow of the Colossus and ICO with postcards (PAL)...
Funny I bought both of these from a bootfair recently, weren't yours were they? :P

Pacific

Post by Pacific » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:38 am

nokgod wrote:Vandal Hearts and Suikoden for PS1.

I bought and sold VH 3 times and every time i bought it i promised i'd never do it again........

T!T i am :oops:
I did the same with Suikoden! :oops:

I read somewhere that Suikoden might be coming onto PSN, but perhaps US only?

HEAVYface

Post by HEAVYface » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:34 am

i really regretted swaping my SNES with shed loads of boxed and mint games for a PSone and a couple of games when i was at uni..couldn't afford any new psone games for abouot 2 years:)

i was really happy when i flogged my 3DO for £250 the year before though, so its swings and roundabouts...i 'spose.

i also traded in a purple see through N64 with about 30 mint boxed games at a shop called pink planet in southampton, i can't even remember what i traded it for....probably a packet of crisps and some belly button fluff. i loved that see through beast...

Supernaut

Post by Supernaut » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:46 am

I sold my mega drive and all my games to fund a PS1 when they were new. I really regret it cos I got stuff all money for them. One of the games I sold was a good condition Toejam and Earl with instruction booklet. Something tells me that I'll never track down another one of those all complete like that.

harlequ1n

Post by harlequ1n » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:09 am

TyronW wrote:
harlequ1n wrote:Mint condition Shadow of the Colossus and ICO with postcards (PAL)...
Funny I bought both of these from a bootfair recently, weren't yours were they? :P
Nah, sold them to a friend over here in Barcelona.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:25 am

My copy of Elite 3: First Encoutiers I sold it for £50 on ebay however still wish I had it. It was mint in box :(
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

TyronW

Post by TyronW » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:37 am

harlequ1n wrote:
TyronW wrote:
Nah, sold them to a friend over here in Barcelona.
Wow thats some friendship. Could always borrow it for a few years and quietly move away... ;)

liveinabin

Post by liveinabin » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:26 pm

Pacific wrote: I read somewhere that Suikoden might be coming onto PSN, but perhaps US only?
Yes, it's out now on the US PSN store. It better damn well hurry up and come out here, I want that on my PSP.

As for regretting selling games, when I got my ZX Spectrum (years ago), we gave my ZX81 away with all the games. I had a nice tape copy of Murgatroyds Revenge (think turn based Pacman with keys and landmines) that I'd REALLY like back.

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:17 pm

I regret selling my whole Spectrum set-up. Did so to a friend's brother so I could fund an Amiga. Bought the set-up back the following year but he had swapped sooooo many great games for (very) early MikroGen releases and other poop. Very annoyed with him, and moreso with myself. Lost all my Crash mags, too - he threw them in the bin! Gah!

Chinnico

Post by Chinnico » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:21 pm

My whole C64 stuff. Computer, disk drive, tape deck, monitor and A LOAD OF ORIGINAL GAMES (ok, and a few not so ones...).
Ok, I was getting an Amiga at the time. And the guy who bought the lot was very very happy.
Bubble Bobble, Head over Heels, Gauntlet, Dargon's Lair, Ghost'n'Goblins, Parallax, Beyond the Forbidden Forest, Tai Pan, Re-Bounder... gosh, I can't remember them all. I only know that I bought a lot of games worth a Gold Medal on the Italian edition of Zzap!, in addition to many other that I liked the same.
Waaaaahhh! Where is a time machine, when you need one?
Yeah, and even if I managed to go back to the '80s? Who would ever trust me buying stuff with FANCY-COLORED MONOPOLY-LIKE BANKNOTES?
Damn Euros.... :wink: