Games that you wish you hadn't sold?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:50 pm

Gunbird on Saturn, still don't know why I sold that. :?

MC1

Post by MC1 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:40 pm

Chucking out the box for my Lynx.

Never done that before or after, mind you it is the only time I have bought a console with a carry case. Stupid.

Also, sold my JAP Megadrive that I got when it was first released with about 25 JAP games. Stupid.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:53 pm

clarance wrote:
SirClive wrote:Brian Clough's Footbal Fortunes.
You'll be lucky to ever get a complete edition of that back. Was it any fun to play in the first place though?

For my own part, I gave both Questprobe adventure games for the C16 to a charity shop during the 90s. Virtually impossible to find them complete now. :cry:
It was OK as a game, not the best and certainly overpriced for the time. But I would love to get a complete version now for the pure nostalgia.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:22 pm

DOOM 64. I swapped it for another game because I got fed up with it. i wish I hadn't now. I loved playing it then and I miss playing it now.

.........f**k it
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:29 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:DOOM 64. I swapped it for another game because I got fed up with it. i wish I hadn't now. I loved playing it then and I miss playing it now.

.........f**k it
Surely you can pick it up again for a fiver or so..?

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:31 pm

Oh, I will do, thats the beauty of Ebay and Byte Back (with the sellers!!) But I'll have to wait till after christmas (damn family, expecting presents this year!!!!!)
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Rabiteman

Post by Rabiteman » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:43 pm

At an indie games shop I picked up Panzer Saga brand new for a tenner once, only to trade it in at a later date. £40-odd pounds I got for it I think, but if I knew then what I know now... The copy of Shining Force 3 I bought for £4, I swapped for a new copy of GTA III. Seeing as how GTA III had just been released and was £40 in the shops, it seemed a good idea at the time.

Sold a bunch of my Saturn games to my brother, including Vampire Saviour, SF Zero 3, Grandia, X-Men vs Streetfighter and Shining The Holy Ark. Not a tragic loss as I could still borrow them I suppose, but it's not the same.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:19 pm

My old Sega SG computer, really wished I'd kept that. I often sell older consoles and regret it a few months later for a while, but get over it. But that I really wish I'd kept. Cartridge version of Lode Runner with it too! :cry:

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:17 am

Ultimate: The Collected Works on the Speccy, all complete and with the map as well :(

Originally got it as an itroductory offer from The Home Computer Club for 75p, sold it for £5 to a kid in school (after copying it first :twisted:) and now regret it badly :(
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

moora101

Post by moora101 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:27 am

Some regrets.....

Throwing out most of my N64 game boxes- including Conker 64, Paper Mario (did keep Harvest Moon, which I may actually sell at some point!)

Throwing out my Spectrum and C64 computers and games (I thought "well, I've got the games on some emulator CDs, and the computers are taking up room"- they were thrown in a communal bin, but someone else did take them.. so I don't feel quite so bad)

Throwing out my CD32 with the SX-1 expansion, extra memory and HDD (I think it was about 128 MB HDD!!). Again, thought it was taking up too much room, I could play the games on emulation... and couldn't be bothered testing it to see if it worked (also a lot of pressure from the girlfriend to throw it out). Was gutted to see how much they go for on ebay. I did keep the floppy drive, for some reason... so I may sell that.

I've always kept my other games, including gameboy/gbc (which I can't even really play now!). But did throw out most of the cardboard boxes, never thinking how much they would be worth. But then it's because of people like me, throwing out the boxes, that has made the originals so expensive!!!

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:41 am

selling my cousins all my Vic20 cartridges and later my aquarius cartridges. Both hard to get in good condition and cheap today. Plus,
he chucked them soon after. :cry:

AmigaJay

Post by AmigaJay » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:14 pm

[quote="moora101"]Some regrets.....

Throwing out my CD32 with the SX-1 expansion, extra memory and HDD (I think it was about 128 MB HDD!!). Again, thought it was taking up too much room, I could play the games on emulation... and couldn't be bothered testing it to see if it worked (also a lot of pressure from the girlfriend to throw it out). Was gutted to see how much they go for on ebay. I did keep the floppy drive, for some reason... so I may sell that.

quote]

Yeah i sold my Cd32 with SX-1, keyboard, floppy, mouse, bloody rare FMV unit! Had some good hours on that machine, upgraded from my A500, but skipped the A1200 to get the Cd32 combo, mainly because they couldnt get the A1200 CD Drive fully compatible with Cd32 games....not that it made much difference in the end lol

Though i also regret selling my Virtual Boy unit and games and complete UK Neo-Geo Pocket collection, though i did get a pretty penny on them!

Doddsy

Post by Doddsy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:33 pm

This is one game I'm glad I Didn't sell!!! :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Geoff-Crammonds-G ... .m63.l1177

but why is it going for so much - even the UK Ebay prices are the same as when I first bought it?? Is it because it runs on Windows Vista & as Retro Gamer pointed out it's the last Microprose game to be released.

stvd

Post by stvd » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:47 pm

I've never sold any of my games.

However I do wish I'd kept all my boxes for all my games/consoles.

NonShinyGoose

Post by NonShinyGoose » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:51 pm

Final Fantasy VII for the PC, in a nice big box! :(
Gaming Gibberish - http://www.gamesasylum.com
Follow us on TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gamesasylum

360 Gamer Tag: NonShinyGoose