3D Dizzy reads Retro Gamer

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Xyphoe

Post by Xyphoe » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:55 pm

Yea to be fair it was entered in the retro remakes competition so it's open then to criticism and comment, rather than just having it on the website to download or not - take it or leave it type thing. So the comments are fair from what I've seen, however I'm just downloading the game now and will have a play later - regardless thank you for the time and effort put into this. More remakes the better and people contributing such projects its always appreciated by people like me and many others ... I especially really enjoyed your Robocop games :D More please!
ImageImage

Eric

Post by Eric » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:59 pm

Darran, yep all the Dizzy coding was done between real world shifts throwing folks baggage around at the Airport :D
All the software and converters etc is all free magazine cover and 30 day demo stuff but thats half the fun. How was the frame rate on the RG super PC, because when modeling the island I may have used slightly too many polygons?
Xyphoe wrote:Yea to be fair it was entered in the retro remakes competition so it's open then to criticism and comment, rather than just having it on the website to download or not - take it or leave it type thing. So the comments are fair from what I've seen, however I'm just downloading the game now and will have a play later - regardless thank you for the time and effort put into this. More remakes the better and people contributing such projects its always appreciated by people like me and many others ... I especially really enjoyed your Robocop games :D More please!

Working on Dizzy really helped learn the this new fangled 3D drawing :) ,
so watch out for the next Robocop 2D game - now in 3D.