most ridiculous MEGA RARE on ebay?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

delbert_trout

Re: most ridiculous MEGA RARE on ebay?

Post by delbert_trout » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:31 pm

You'd have to give me £61.47 to take it away ;)
http://www.retrogamer.net/user/delbert_trout

When you think you've got problems you don't really need,
They're maybe not as bad as they seem,
Cos in a world full of misery, with hatred and greed,
Your problems are another man's dream.

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:40 am

It's a decent album but not 61.47 decent. Wouldn't pay that for it even if it was super super rare.

chewy

Post by chewy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:28 am

delbert_trout wrote:You'd have to give me £61.47 to take it away ;)
I don't think you'll be the only one thinking that ;)

ChipTune

Post by ChipTune » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:45 pm

QUICK PEOPLE>. grab this RARE Nintendo Item quickly before someone else does.. i would be buying it IMMEDIATELY if I had the funds in my paypal..

These are so rare they only come up once in a blue moon, so dont delay.. a steal at £10 + £2.50 postage

WOW!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-NINTENDO-NES ... _500wt_922

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:33 am

ChipTune wrote:QUICK PEOPLE>. grab this RARE Nintendo Item quickly before someone else does.. i would be buying it IMMEDIATELY if I had the funds in my paypal..

These are so rare they only come up once in a blue moon, so dont delay.. a steal at £10 + £2.50 postage

WOW!

They are literally 10p each in CeX right now! :lol:
They have a big blue basket of them all behind the counter. :roll:
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

Dominoid

Post by Dominoid » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:04 am

CEX here has NO retro stuff, how come everyone else gets cool stuff in CEX? *hissyfit*

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:56 am

I agree - local CeX no longer does retro, and now Gamestation's got rid of theirs AGAIN!

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:57 am

Strange. CEX in Southend On Sea still has a small retro section mainly sega stuff MD/DC/SAT.

dste

Post by dste » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:08 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:I agree - local CeX no longer does retro, and now Gamestation's got rid of theirs AGAIN!
If you haven't already then I would suggest asking as I was in my local one the other day and when I asked they said that they had taken it off the shelves whilst the Christmas sale was on and would be putting back out in the New Year when the sale had finished.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

killbot

Post by killbot » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:20 pm

Freestyler wrote:
ChipTune wrote:QUICK PEOPLE>. grab this RARE Nintendo Item quickly before someone else does.. i would be buying it IMMEDIATELY if I had the funds in my paypal..

WOW!

They are literally 10p each in CeX right now! :lol:
They have a big blue basket of them all behind the counter. :roll:
WHAT? Why do the CEX's I go in never have stuff like this?

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

chewy

Post by chewy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:16 am

Suspicious isn't even the word... Looking through some GBA auctions, I came across a Final Fight One supposedly "factory sealed" being advertised BIN for £50.
The thing is, it was wrapped in conventional cellophane, and I remember my new GBA games to be wrapped in Ninty branded plastic wrap.
I thought nothing of it, and maybe I was being paranoid. But then I came across this fella: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/kingsbazaar/m.html
Every game he has for sale is supposedly factory sealed, even the first party games, in this standard cellophane. Not only that, but if you had factory sealed items, would you not have more than 1 to sell?

The question is, am I being overly cynical, or is this guy a fraud who needs to be reported?
I do vaguely remember GBA games coming in standard cellophane... So I am probably wrong... But still...

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:54 pm

chewy wrote:Suspicious isn't even the word... Looking through some GBA auctions, I came across a Final Fight One supposedly "factory sealed" being advertised BIN for £50.
The thing is, it was wrapped in conventional cellophane, and I remember my new GBA games to be wrapped in Ninty branded plastic wrap.
I thought nothing of it, and maybe I was being paranoid. But then I came across this fella: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/kingsbazaar/m.html
Every game he has for sale is supposedly factory sealed, even the first party games, in this standard cellophane. Not only that, but if you had factory sealed items, would you not have more than 1 to sell?

The question is, am I being overly cynical, or is this guy a fraud who needs to be reported?
I do vaguely remember GBA games coming in standard cellophane... So I am probably wrong... But still...
Those are all US GBA games as evidenced by the fact that the 'Advance' part on the side is in black. If GBA games are anything like SNES games then the US versions didn't come with tear-strips. I think it's only us Europeans that get those.

Most likely genuine games but the prices are still ridiculous.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

chewy

Post by chewy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Cool man, thanks for clarifying for me!

Farzlepot

Post by Farzlepot » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:40 pm

dste wrote:
Liamh1982 wrote:I agree - local CeX no longer does retro, and now Gamestation's got rid of theirs AGAIN!
If you haven't already then I would suggest asking as I was in my local one the other day and when I asked they said that they had taken it off the shelves whilst the Christmas sale was on and would be putting back out in the New Year when the sale had finished.
Same in my local GameStation. They used to stock a lot of games from the fifth gen upwards at the very least, but when I went in the other day, they were all gone. But I asked today if they had any idea if the change was permanent, and they said they'd just stashed it all in the back to make room for the sales.

dste

Post by dste » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:05 am

Twin Snakes has gone past the £50 mark.

The bidding seems a bit iffy to me but you never know and also takes 13-15 days to arrive apparantly.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gamecube-Wii-META ... 43a43e22b5
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!