most ridiculous MEGA RARE on ebay?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ToxieDogg

Re: most ridiculous MEGA RARE on ebay?

Post by ToxieDogg » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:00 pm

alphasenses wrote:I love this thread, laughs after laughs. I will give my two penny's though, all these sellers are retarded!

Simple, any person who types in all upper case on the net is quite simply retarded no excuses. Most of these sellers with a ludicrously high price, all caps.

NOW OFF TO SELL MY CODEMASTERS DIZZY COLLECTION, ANYONE WANT IT? ITS RARE AND ONLY £1000 +VAT @2500%
I'll take it if it's free p&p.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

do_sucol

Post by do_sucol » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:47 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:Remember the sealed NES game collector who was in the mag a few months ago? That actually made my heart sink - someone could be playing those and having PROPER FUN!
They are,the seller has kept the games ,resealed the box and sold it on ,to sit on a shelf gathering dust .

I always wondered about those characters who have their sofa covered in plastic,i bet those sealed game buyers laugh at those nutters :lol:
The economic and political system isn't broken.
It's doing what it was designed to do - make the rich richer.

do_sucol

Post by do_sucol » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:50 pm

retrojc wrote:
Liamh1982 wrote:Remember the sealed NES game collector who was in the mag a few months ago? That actually made my heart sink - someone could be playing those and having PROPER FUN!

Just because people collect sealed games doesn't by any means make them a lesser gamer, and at the end of the day they've payed money for these games that most of us most certainly wouldn't.
I think the saying "fools and their money", perfectly sums them up though !

do_sucol

Post by do_sucol » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:52 pm

The Angry Jock wrote:*Yawn
*Place witty comment here

*ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:01 pm

You forgot the italics :roll:
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:14 pm

do_sucol wrote:
retrojc wrote:
Just because people collect sealed games doesn't by any means make them a lesser gamer, and at the end of the day they've payed money for these games that most of us most certainly wouldn't.
oh god, here i go.

Do you smoke or drink alcohol? The money you waste on those substances harm you. Fools and their money.
Do you buy new shoes or trainers? Nike adidas etc, all cost so much, however Asda offer a nice cheap alternative that do the same job. Fools and their money.
Do you buy a lottery ticket? The odds of you winning are very very poor. Fools and their money.

Basicly any unessential item you spend money on is foolish.

alphasenses

Post by alphasenses » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:26 am

ToxieDogg wrote:
alphasenses wrote:I love this thread, laughs after laughs. I will give my two penny's though, all these sellers are retarded!

Simple, any person who types in all upper case on the net is quite simply retarded no excuses. Most of these sellers with a ludicrously high price, all caps.

NOW OFF TO SELL MY CODEMASTERS DIZZY COLLECTION, ANYONE WANT IT? ITS RARE AND ONLY £1000 +VAT @2500%
I'll take it if it's free p&p.
YEAH I FORGOT TO MENTION, FREE P&P TO ANYONE WHO COLLECTS

ChipTune

Post by ChipTune » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:48 am

what the feck is THIS all about?? an unboxed NEs with mario / duckhunt on £60 .. 25 bids?? £9 postage too...

I put up a nes on ebay a few months ago with 30 games and it didnt sell for 100 .. im glad though as im keeping it and collecting more things for it now..

But seriously is this shill bidding ior what? surely noone in their right mind would pay £70 for an unboxed nes with 1 game

MENTAL!

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:45 am

Final fantasy 1 NES $1,595.00 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0450093594 not sure its worth this much...

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:00 pm

c0nfu53d wrote:Final fantasy 1 NES $1,595.00 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0450093594 not sure its worth this much...
It's this bit that cracks me up :lol: :lol:
Ebay Nutjob wrote:Here it is! The Game that started it all! Final Fantasy ... the first game n the series, unnumbered because there was no assurance a second game would be made; hence the "Final" of "Final Fantasy" ...
Henceforth, all games that are intended to start off a franchise must have a '1' after their title, as in (just for example's sake) 'Castlevania 1'. or if they're unsure a second game will be made, put a 'Final' in front of it, as in 'Final Super Mario Bros.' or 'Final Sonic The Hedgehog'.

Tosser. :roll:
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

do_sucol

Post by do_sucol » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:09 pm

retrojc wrote:
do_sucol wrote:

oh god, here i go.

Do you smoke or drink alcohol? The money you waste on those substances harm you. Fools and their money.
Do you buy new shoes or trainers? Nike adidas etc, all cost so much, however Asda offer a nice cheap alternative that do the same job. Fools and their money.
Do you buy a lottery ticket? The odds of you winning are very very poor. Fools and their money.

Basicly any unessential item you spend money on is foolish.
See ,i hit the nail RIGHT ON THE HEAD there
+1 :lol:

And completely the wrong analogy by the way .! Those things WILL be used.See the underlined part for reference.

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:32 pm

do_sucol wrote:And completely the wrong analogy by the way .! Those things WILL be used.See the underlined part for reference.
Oh I dunno... women and their shoe collections now ;)
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:39 pm

Mayhem wrote:Oh I dunno... women and their shoe collections now ;)
...wonder if they'd pay 5 times more, if their shoes were sealed?

# wanders off thinking of a new money making scheme involving the work's shrink wrapper......#
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:58 pm

Not a game but couldn't resist this. Some asshat wants £61.47 for Comptons Most Wanted "Music To Drive By" CD. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Comptons-Most-Wan ... 230cd4d1e2

Nearly fell off my chair - worth a fiver tops. Stupidity isn't just for game sellers. This muppet didn't even upload a photo!

chewy

Post by chewy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:26 pm

I bought my copy of Music to Drive By for £3 from HMV a little over a year ago. It's not OOP, what the hell is the guy thinking??