The 360 Import Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Antares

Post by Antares » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:04 pm

gmintyfresh wrote: +There are quite a few unlockable ships with different weapons and power up systems adding longevity to game play.
-It might have been nice to have at least one more ship to choose from at the start to add a bit of variety.
You cannot unlock any ships in Raiden 4. They are downloads from the jp marketplace.

gmintyfresh wrote:Hori are releasing a Street Fighter 4 arcade stick:

Looks ok but it's a whopping £68 excluding P+P for what essentially is a standard Hori stick with a different sticker!!

One for the fans is suspect :D
Now this is sad.
The left is essentially the far superior Hori Real Arcade Pro Stick (PS3) and the right is just a Hori Fighting Stick EX (360), which has a very bad stick and buttons in comparison and is made of cheap parts.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:48 am

Antares wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote: +There are quite a few unlockable ships with different weapons and power up systems adding longevity to game play.
-It might have been nice to have at least one more ship to choose from at the start to add a bit of variety.
You cannot unlock any ships in Raiden 4. They are downloads from the jp marketplace.

gmintyfresh wrote:Hori are releasing a Street Fighter 4 arcade stick:

Looks ok but it's a whopping £68 excluding P+P for what essentially is a standard Hori stick with a different sticker!!

One for the fans is suspect :D
Now this is sad.
The left is essentially the far superior Hori Real Arcade Pro Stick (PS3) and the right is just a Hori Fighting Stick EX (360), which has a very bad stick and buttons in comparison and is made of cheap parts.
Point 1, didn't realise that thanks for explaining :D

Point 2, I have to disagree the 360 hori fighting stick is a quality controller.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:15 am

Short article about the Microsoft shooting festival in Japan with a few interesting bits of information about some of the shmups that are on the way for the 360:

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/936/936223p1.html

Man the arcade stick that guy won was rubbish!! :wink: :lol:

Antares

Post by Antares » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:23 am

gmintyfresh wrote: Point 2, I have to disagree the 360 hori fighting stick is a quality controller.
Yeah maybe I'm a bit picky when it comes to arcade sticks ;)
I have bought the Hori Fighting Stick some months ago and was very unstatisfied with the buttons, they were no good for fast triggering in Raiden Fighters. But I switched them for Seimitsu buttons and the stick for a Sanwa and I'm very happy with it since then.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:46 am

Antares wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote: Point 2, I have to disagree the 360 hori fighting stick is a quality controller.
Yeah maybe I'm a bit picky when it comes to arcade sticks ;)
I have bought the Hori Fighting Stick some months ago and was very unstatisfied with the buttons, they were no good for fast triggering in Raiden Fighters. But I switched them for Seimitsu buttons and the stick for a Sanwa and I'm very happy with it since then.
Ha if I could afford a Hori real arcade stick for the 360 i'd give it a go!!

I've heard that from the Soul Calibur edition of the stick Hori use Sanwa buttons for all their sticks?

Is it true that it's fairly easy to mod the stick with arcade buttons?

Antares

Post by Antares » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:52 am

gmintyfresh wrote: I've heard that from the Soul Calibur edition of the stick Hori use Sanwa buttons for all their sticks?
Didn't know that. I have the VF5 edition.
If it's true then there's no need in changing the buttons as it's really only a matter of personal preference if you use Sanwa or Seimitsu buttons.
gmintyfresh wrote: Is it true that it's fairly easy to mod the stick with arcade buttons?
I wouldn't say "fairly" but it's easier than changing the stick. If you can solder then it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I have used these instructions to mod my stick. It's for the Wii edition but it's generally the same work:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179535

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:49 am

Raiden Fighters arrived yesterday, had a quick blast - all three conversions seem very nice with loads of tweeking options. All three games seem quite tough but fast and frantic.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:56 am

Box art for the Shooting Love collection:

The release date has moved, but for the better - 19th of February!

It looks like it's also got a superplay DVD with it

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:26 pm

James A wrote:Question, If i imported a Jap 360 would i be able to put my normal 360 game profile on it or would i have to set up a brand new account?

Yes you can, you can slot in your HD or use a memory card no problem

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:34 pm

Achievements for R-Type Dimensions, don't seem to be too insane to be honest (except the 30,000 shot achievement!).

Brave Pilot 10
Complete stage 1 of R-Type in 1P Classic

Earth Savior 30
Complete R-Type

Scarred Hero 30
Complete R-Type II

Bye-bye Bydo! 15
Kill 30,000 enemies

Hidden Treasure 15
Find and destroy the 5 hidden spores on stage 4 of R-Type

Combo Master 20
Kill at least 10 enemies with a single shot

Beam Me Up! 20
Using only full beam shots and without dying, complete stage 1 of R-Type or R-Type II in 1P Classic

Dare Devil 20
Using rapid-fire and no power-ups, complete stages 1 & 2 of R-Type in a single game of 1P Classic

Power Hungry 10
Collect 500 power-ups

Wall of Fire 10
Destroy every enemy and object in stages 1 & 2 of R-Type during co-op play

Bydo Headhunter 10
Kill one enemy of every kind in R-Type and R-Type II

Reviver 10
Collectively tally 20 revivals in a single game of Classic Co-op

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:34 pm

Have you played Trizeal? I hear mixed opinions about this one. Not sure if its worth dropping the £30 for it.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:41 pm

oli_lar wrote:Have you played Trizeal? I hear mixed opinions about this one. Not sure if its worth dropping the £30 for it.
I've got it on the DC and I'm not the biggest fan of it to be honest, it's butt ugly and not hugely original, in fact I prefer Stag on the PS2 to this game!

The bosses are interesting however and transforming ship is a novel idea, I know quite a few people that swear by the game.

Which version are you considering? If you can get for £30 on the DC that's a very good price.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:05 pm

The r-type achievements look a bit naff, no score based ones or 1cc.

James A

Post by James A » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:26 pm

Whats the release date for R Type? Didn't think it would be out for a fair while.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:37 pm

hey gminty. You really love shooters don't you?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD