The 360 Import Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

gmintyfresh

Re: The 360 Import Thread

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:05 am

Just posted some photos of DDP SDOJ Super Limited, Cave really went the whole hog with this set:

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:26 am

What a week for 360 shooters, Shooting Love Anniversary XIIZeal & DeltaZeal (Special Pack) arrived yesterday

I think this is getting more hammer than SDOJ at the moment, I've always been a Stag fan and this port is brilliant two very solid and playable shooters.

imaxeroker85

Post by imaxeroker85 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:18 am

This fits into this thread nicely.....

I remember seeing this on the PSN store,, but it was taken down very quickly. Luckily i did some more research into it after months of thinking it was a dream, and was pissed there wasn't a PS3 version i could import, but then i found out the 360 version is region free. I love my nicktoons and love baseball so I was happy to get it.

Plays like The Bigs 2, but even more insanely easier.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:47 am

Old news this but I thought I'd update the thread, confirmation of at least 1 more new 360 shmup for next year -

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/11/bu ... next-year/

A possible sequel to Bullet Soul, Bullet Soul Infinite Burst.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:47 pm

gmintyfresh wrote:
Physical Japanese releases first then UK/US if applicable:

Senko no Ronde Rev.X - July 2006. There's also a rare Japanese first print limited editon.
Released as Wartech: Senko No Ronde in the UK/US.

Shikigami no Shiro III - December 2007.
Raiden Fighters Aces - March 2008. Japanese version has a superplay DVD included. Also released in the US should be very cheap and unfortunately region locked and without superplay DVD
Raiden IV - September 2008. Japanese release includes and soundtrack CD. Also released in the US
Otomedius Gorgeous - November 2008. Japanese first print release includes comic book and DLC card, there's a limited edition variant that includes the touchscreen joystick
Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label Extra - February 2009. Japanese first print editon includes Cave guide/artbook
Shooting Love 200X - February 2009. Includes superplay DVD
Death Smiles - April 2009
Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta - June 2009
Mushihimesama Futari - November 2009
ESPGaluda II - February 2010
Ketsui - April 2010
Senko no Ronde DUO - May 2010
Death Smiles II X - May 2010
Strike Witches Shirogane no Tsubasa - July 2010
Radirgy Noah Massive - October 2010
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu - November 2010
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu: Black Label - February 2011
Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets - February 2011
Bullet Soul - April 2011
Eschatos - April 2011
Otomedius Excellent - Apr 2011
Akai Katana - May 2011
Under Defeat HD - February 2012
Mushihimesama HD - May 2012. Regular and Limited Edition REGION LOCKED.
Ginga Force - Feb 2014. First print includes soundtrack DC REGION FREE
There still isn't that many releases as I first thought, I haven't bought any of the new releases this year. But I will eventually. I wonder if shmups for 360 will drop off, or if like the PS2 there will be an influx of them in the later stages as budget titles (UK).

I was under the impression there were 30 odd shmups in NTSCJ territories, but maybe I'm wrong.

Not many horizontal games either =/

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:31 pm

gmintyfresh wrote:Old news this but I thought I'd update the thread, confirmation of at least 1 more new 360 shmup for next year -

Nice! Really enjoyed Bullet Soul, even the DLC was pretty great apart from the new overpowered character. Great soundtrack too.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:55 am

retrojc wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:
Physical Japanese releases first then UK/US if applicable:

Senko no Ronde Rev.X - July 2006. There's also a rare Japanese first print limited editon.
Released as Wartech: Senko No Ronde in the UK/US.

Shikigami no Shiro III - December 2007.
Raiden Fighters Aces - March 2008. Japanese version has a superplay DVD included. Also released in the US should be very cheap and unfortunately region locked and without superplay DVD
Raiden IV - September 2008. Japanese release includes and soundtrack CD. Also released in the US
Otomedius Gorgeous - November 2008. Japanese first print release includes comic book and DLC card, there's a limited edition variant that includes the touchscreen joystick
Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label Extra - February 2009. Japanese first print editon includes Cave guide/artbook
Shooting Love 200X - February 2009. Includes superplay DVD
Death Smiles - April 2009
Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta - June 2009
Mushihimesama Futari - November 2009
ESPGaluda II - February 2010
Ketsui - April 2010
Senko no Ronde DUO - May 2010
Death Smiles II X - May 2010
Strike Witches Shirogane no Tsubasa - July 2010
Radirgy Noah Massive - October 2010
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu - November 2010
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu: Black Label - February 2011
Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets - February 2011
Bullet Soul - April 2011
Eschatos - April 2011
Otomedius Excellent - Apr 2011
Akai Katana - May 2011
Under Defeat HD - February 2012
Mushihimesama HD - May 2012. Regular and Limited Edition REGION LOCKED.
Ginga Force - Feb 2014. First print includes soundtrack DC REGION FREE
There still isn't that many releases as I first thought, I haven't bought any of the new releases this year. But I will eventually. I wonder if shmups for 360 will drop off, or if like the PS2 there will be an influx of them in the later stages as budget titles (UK).

I was under the impression there were 30 odd shmups in NTSCJ territories, but maybe I'm wrong.

Not many horizontal games either =/
28 dedicated Japanese releases as a rough guess, there's a couple of new ones to add to this list and along with games on compilations and downloadable titles its easily the most prolific shmup console since the PS2. As a conservative gues there must be at least 50 titles. Well the titles keep coming mate, I thought there would be a slow down in 2012 and 13 but we've seen two really good years - the non-cave developers took over a bit this year which was good to see considering they've left the 360 behind of this year.

Yes the horis are a little undercatered for, Deathsmiles is the strongest one on the console I think.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:07 am

Sel Feena wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:Old news this but I thought I'd update the thread, confirmation of at least 1 more new 360 shmup for next year -

Nice! Really enjoyed Bullet Soul, even the DLC was pretty great apart from the new overpowered character. Great soundtrack too.
I'm a big fan of the original too it has a certain charm to it and the three characters play very distinctly differently. It's not been stated if the new game will be an updated version of the original (like a black label) or a completely new game. Either way I'll be happy.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:47 am

gmintyfresh wrote:
28 dedicated Japanese releases as a rough guess, there's a couple of new ones to add to this list and along with games on compilations and downloadable titles its easily the most prolific shmup console since the PS2. As a conservative gues there must be at least 50 titles. Well the titles keep coming mate, I thought there would be a slow down in 2012 and 13 but we've seen two really good years - the non-cave developers took over a bit this year which was good to see considering they've left the 360 behind of this year.

Yes the horis are a little undercatered for, Deathsmiles is the strongest one on the console I think.
For horizontal games, I agree Deathsmiles is king, but Akai ain't too bad either.

I actually think there are more current gen shmups than there were on the previous generation consoles, or at least it's now balanced out. There is around 32 PS2 Japanese Shmups, not inc. compilations. I think the 360 has beaten that, but the 360 doesn't have Ibara (I know arcade > ps2). I recon the 360 will be going for some time now with late shmups, like the Dreamcast it's easy to code for with PC architecture, and that excites me.

Cave only released 4 PS2 shmups, and they're all uncommon now. This generation they've practically quadrupled that.
Taito were really up on the shmups last generation and released nearly a dozen, this generation, well ...

Raiden 5 please.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:15 pm

Ive just bought my first import shooter in ages:

Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets for £22.09 from play-asia. It might be a Cave The Best version, but at last Ive got a copy coming my way :D
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:45 am

I like to pick up the odd region free game now and then.

I have just got Mayhem 3D for the 360. its in black and white and can be used on 3d tvs. Its a destruction deby type game.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:24 am

JetSetWilly wrote:Ive just bought my first import shooter in ages:

Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets for £22.09 from play-asia. It might be a Cave The Best version, but at last Ive got a copy coming my way :D
Great value pick up and much cheaper than forking out for the original release, Pink Sweets Ibara will make you cry!!

Personally I've picked up a couple of imports recently:

Sneak King - US. One of three games available from Burger King for a limited time in the US at a budget price when bought with a value meal. Not rare and bought just as a curiousity for £3 on ebay, I intend to get all three at some point.

Instant Brain Limited Edition - Japan. Finally picked this up for a non stupid price I'm sure Cave fans will know the reason why I bought this this glorified dating sim, it contains a port of arcade DoDonpachi.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:47 am

It seems that Triangle Service are planning to release a compilation for the 360 which contains both the Shooting Love 200x and the 10th Anniversary collection, more details as they emerge.

Misery

Post by Misery » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:08 am

I'm surprised that any Japanese devs are still releasing stuff for that thing. What with it doing terribly over there.... heck, isnt it starting to be pulled from shelves now?

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:58 pm

Misery wrote:I'm surprised that any Japanese devs are still releasing stuff for that thing. What with it doing terribly over there.... heck, isnt it starting to be pulled from shelves now?
Not sure, I tend to think these titles do ok over there - a modest company like Triangle Service will probably be happy with a few thousand sales - If they make the game import friendly it'll pull in some import dollor too.

They must be selling for companies like 5pb to keep producing games.