The 360 Import Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Joey

Re: The 360 Import Thread

Post by Joey » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:24 pm

Its developed by Platinum games (so instant purchase for me).

It takes the mechanics of games like Bayonetta, God of War and Vanquish and adds in competitive online play. Bayonetta and the dude from that Wii Madworld game are both playable too.

Looks really interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNJYYjYMcMM

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:57 pm

I imported Anarchy Reigns expecting a multiplayer Bayonetta.
Sadly its more like a Musou game....just hammer xyxyxyxyxyx to win!!

Plus as I got the xbox version and its only out in japan I have not managed 1 min of multiplayer :D

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:24 am

Joey wrote:Its developed by Platinum games (so instant purchase for me).

It takes the mechanics of games like Bayonetta, God of War and Vanquish and adds in competitive online play. Bayonetta and the dude from that Wii Madworld game are both playable too.

Looks really interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNJYYjYMcMM
Ahh yes I know what you mean now, shoe in for me I'm a huge Platinum fan too, I've inadvertantly bought all their games over the past few years! I'll be waiting till March to get this one when it gets a PAL release.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:21 pm

Hearing rumours about a PAL release of Mushihimesama HD, will keep you informed if there's any truth in this. Apparently there might be an interesting announcement at the end of the month....

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:57 am

gmintyfresh wrote:Hearing rumours about a PAL release of Mushihimesama HD, will keep you informed if there's any truth in this. Apparently there might be an interesting announcement at the end of the month....
Aw yeah! i just bought it but still great news if it's true

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:11 am

After finally sitting down and spending some proper time with this on Saturday I can honestly say its a lovely port and superior to the spectacular PS2 port in every way. The game feels very stripped down for a Cave shooter and I've been just enjoying blasting big beautiful bugs!! Can I just say that the last boss in arrange mode is crazy - he takes an age to kill and you really need to concentrate hard to survive.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:19 am

It's all a bit quiet on the 360 import scene, personally I'm still awaiting the announcement of pre-orders for Dodonpachi SDOU and a release date for Ginga Force.

James A

Post by James A » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:46 pm

Im feeling sorry for anybody who imported Anarchy Reigns paying £70+ as its getting a UK release for £19.99 in January.

Also does anyone one know is Under Defeat out on Friday in the UK? Some places are saying yes and some nay.

Dam

Post by Dam » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:42 pm

James A wrote:Im feeling sorry for anybody who imported Anarchy Reigns paying £70+ as its getting a UK release for £19.99 in January.

Also does anyone one know is Under Defeat out on Friday in the UK? Some places are saying yes and some nay.
Can you feel a bit sorry for me paying £50ish to import Under Defeat too?

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:49 pm

Dam wrote:
James A wrote:Im feeling sorry for anybody who imported Anarchy Reigns paying £70+ as its getting a UK release for £19.99 in January.

Can you feel a bit sorry for me paying £50ish to import Under Defeat too?
I feel sorry for you.

But we all get stung like this surely? The early bird may catch the worm, but the eagle catches the early bird. The early bird then gets fucked.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:01 am

Thats the price of getting these games on import sometimes, if its any consolation the Japanese versions tend to hold their resale value much better. Heard conflicting reports about PAL Under Defeat's release date - not paid that much attention because I'm going to pick up the PS3 version further down the line.

Looking forward to Anarchy Reigns, I was so tempted to pick that up on import - glad I waitied!

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:07 am

gmintyfresh wrote:

Thats the price of getting these games on import sometimes, if its any consolation the Japanese versions tend to hold their resale value much better. Heard conflicting reports about PAL Under Defeat's release date - not paid that much attention because I'm going to pick up the PS3 version further down the line.

Looking forward to Anarchy Reigns, I was so tempted to pick that up on import - glad I waitied!
I swear you can already buy Under Defeat digitally on both 360 and PS3 - I defo saw it on PS3. £29.99.

James A

Post by James A » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:39 pm

Amazons still saying Friday so ill see if theres a copy on Saturday if im in Nottingham

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:07 am

Just had an email from Amazon saying Under Defeat has been despatched.
Splink!

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:01 am

It's been available digitally since the end of October, strange but true.