The 360 Import Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

TheNewMonkey

Re: The 360 Import Thread

Post by TheNewMonkey » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:36 am

famicom69 wrote:Phew! Took the plunge yesterday and ordered a Jap 360 slim from Play Asia along with a copy of Akai Katana. This has probably been asked a millions times, but will I need a stepdown or will a UK power pack work fine?

Also, does anybody know if PAL copies of Red Dead Redemption, Oblivion, Call of Duty 2/4 are region free?

Looking forward to more import goodness :D
i just use my uk power pack its fine :D
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:37 am

famicom69 wrote:Phew! Took the plunge yesterday and ordered a Jap 360 slim from Play Asia along with a copy of Akai Katana. This has probably been asked a millions times, but will I need a stepdown or will a UK power pack work fine?

Also, does anybody know if PAL copies of Red Dead Redemption, Oblivion, Call of Duty 2/4 are region free?

Congrats mate and a great game to start off with!!

All you have to do to get the system up and running is plug in your PAL powercord and powerbrick, you don'e even have to unpack the ones you'll get with your JP 360 - it'll work perfectly.

I've got no idea if those games will work, if I've got time tonight I'll do a little test for you. :D

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:39 am

Is there any more news on Deathsmiles 2 getting some form of UK release yet?
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:43 am

TheNewMonkey wrote:Is there any more news on Deathsmiles 2 getting some form of UK release yet?
Still nothing concrete yet, still the right noises are being made at the moment about some kind of Euro Cave release!

I still think it's rubbish that PAL gamers still haven't got Raiden Fighters or even Raiden 4 yet.

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:54 am

I don't think it's Deathsmiles 2 for the Euro release, I'm hearing different noises but the person I know who's in the know can't remember the name of the game! Doh! I'm badgering for them to find out :)

famicom69

Post by famicom69 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:41 am

TheNewMonkey wrote:i just use my uk power pack its fine :D
gmintyfresh wrote:Congrats mate and a great game to start off with!!

All you have to do to get the system up and running is plug in your PAL powercord and powerbrick, you don'e even have to unpack the ones you'll get with your JP 360 - it'll work perfectly.

I've got no idea if those games will work, if I've got time tonight I'll do a little test for you. :D

Cheers guys! Been planning on importing one for a long long time. Time to catch up on all the shmup action I've been missing out on.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:39 pm

Can't find my copy of cod2 but cod4 and red dead work. Oblivion doesn't.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:30 am

I got DoDonPachi Dai Fukkatsu 1.5 yesterday, I've not had a chance to try it yet though.
Splink!

famicom69

Post by famicom69 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:02 pm

gmintyfresh wrote:

Can't find my copy of cod2 but cod4 and red dead work. Oblivion doesn't.
Awesome, thanks for taking the time to try them out!

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:54 am

felgekarp wrote:I got DoDonPachi Dai Fukkatsu 1.5 yesterday, I've not had a chance to try it yet though.
Strange you should mention this one, I got it on release but not played it much till this weekend - I had a quick playthrough. Great entry in the series and damn beautiful in places.

In other news I finally broke the back of Raiden 4 and had a good playthrough of the second loop - man I thought the first loop was tough!!

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:37 am

It looks like the PAL version of Raiden Fighters Aces is on indefinite hold due to problems that Tradewest are having publishing the game - I bet this never gets a release!

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:52 am

gmintyfresh wrote:It looks like the PAL version of Raiden Fighters Aces is on indefinite hold due to problems that Tradewest are having publishing the game - I bet this never gets a release!
There something about it in GamesTM's letters section this month, they seem to think its still getting a release, although that could be old information :?

i hope its does eventually get a release in Pal land, i got it on import years ago but never really play it much to be honest :shock:
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

James A

Post by James A » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:40 am

TheNewMonkey wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:It looks like the PAL version of Raiden Fighters Aces is on indefinite hold due to problems that Tradewest are having publishing the game - I bet this never gets a release!
There something about it in GamesTM's letters section this month, they seem to think its still getting a release, although that could be old information :?

i hope its does eventually get a release in Pal land, i got it on import years ago but never really play it much to be honest :shock:
I had a look on my order for Play for this last night and it still says September but im not hopefull

NewMonkey is that the Japanese version? If so would you consider parting with it?

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:11 am

James A wrote:
I had a look on my order for Play for this last night and it still says September but im not hopefull

NewMonkey is that the Japanese version? If so would you consider parting with it?
Na its the US version, sorry dude
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:46 am

TheNewMonkey wrote:

There's a quote on the shmups system 11 forum from Tradewest about the release being more or less dead, well it doesn't sound hopeful!

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... &start=300

I picked it up quite a while ago on JP import and I played it to death, it'd be such a great value for PAL shmup fans if it ever got a release. My PAL order is still open on Amazon at the moment.

I really thought it was a particularly mean move to region lock the us release, I wouldn't be surprised if it were identical to the Jap release just with a region lock added!