Worse Game In The World EVER.....Round 1 Heat B

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Round 1, Heat B

Poll ended at Sun May 07, 2006 4:40 pm

Vendetta (Spectrum)
No votes
Ultraman (Mega Drive)
2%
Superman (N64)
17%
Afterburner (c64)
21%
Afterburner (c64)
21%
Gran Tursimo (Playstation)
15%
Home Alone (Snes)
6%
Rockstar Ate My Hamster (Spectrum)
No votes
Street Fighter 2 (Amiga)
15%
Robocop 3 (Snes)
4%

Total votes: 48

Opa-Opa

Re:

Post by Opa-Opa » Fri May 05, 2006 7:09 am

hand_solo wrote: Please explain how Gran Turismo, Halo and Resi Evil 1 could possibly be among the worst games of all time.

Gashpap.
OK.. Gran Turismo is a very, very poor driving game. The sense of speed is about as blinding as watching snails sleeping and the fact that you can just bounce off every wall and car and still win means its got nothing to do with "real driving" what so ever. The licence taking is just annoying and pointless.

Halo is a poor FPS that was just made to show the Xbox was as good as a PC for these type of games (which it is not..!) there are far better "man with a gun" games with much better level designs and weapon systems but this game was so hyped up by M$ everyone was brainwashed into thinking it was fantastic.. its average at best.

Have to agree with you about Resi 1 though, although it hasn't aged well it was amazing for its time and changed the face of gaming and the type of games we play. Although "survial horror" had be done before nothing managed to make you feel like you were really part of a zombie movie like Resident evil did...

Kaede

Re:

Post by Kaede » Fri May 05, 2006 7:30 am

Opa-Opa wrote:
OK.. Gran Turismo is a very, very poor driving game. The sense of speed is about as blinding as watching snails sleeping and the fact that you can just bounce off every wall and car and still win means its got nothing to do with "real driving" what so ever. The licence taking is just annoying and pointless.
The game is slow at first because you drive censored cars at the start, when you have access to the later cars it gets alot faster. The graphics were pretty damn awesome for a PSone, it's the first game I remember using the zoom effect to make the replays look more realistic. The handling of the cars and difficulty curve are also OK. Totally agree that it isn't a realistic driving experience but it's an above average game whose sequels haven't improved on at all apart from the graphics. I am in no way a GT fan, I've played the first 3 games and only really enjoyed the first. Could we argue this is one of the most overated games ever? Yes. One of the worst games of all time? No, For all it's faults this game did at least try to take driving games in a new direction and it possesed some good ideas. It also did the basics well.
Opa-Opa wrote:Halo is a poor FPS that was just made to show the Xbox was as good as a PC for these type of games (which it is not..!) there are far better "man with a gun" games with much better level designs and weapon systems but this game was so hyped up by M$ everyone was brainwashed into thinking it was fantastic.. its average at best.
Halo 1 is a fantastic game IMO. Again, all the controls are absolutely fine. Most of the combat sections don't actually require you to aim up and down that much, which is why the combat works so well in this game with an xbox pad. Although you can look around in full 3d and explore massive maps, this game doesn't need to be played with a mouse at all. The game was the first to use the two weapon only faeture so you couldn't improbably run round a map with a stash of 500 guns, meaning you had to think about what weapons you would need to clear each area. You got to drive buggy's around that had awesome (though a bit floaty) physics. The setting moved away from the dark, dank predictable FPS settings we'd seen a thousand times before. It also has one of the best Deathmatch engines going. Again, you can argue this game is way overated but clearly the developers put in alot of thought into the design and made a game that at the very least does the basics well.
Opa-Opa wrote:Have to agree with you about Resi 1 though, although it hasn't aged well it was amazing for its time and changed the face of gaming and the type of games we play. Although "survial horror" had be done before nothing managed to make you feel like you were really part of a zombie movie like Resident evil did...
I agree 100%. And I think what you say here applies to the other two games. All of these games at least tried something different, something new or at least brought something new to a boring genre. They all did the basics well, you couldn't fault the controls, graphics or sound. It's a matter of opinion if you like the games or not, but saying that Halo, GT or Resi 1 could be among the worst games of all time is just stupid, and these threads suck.

pforson

Re:

Post by pforson » Fri May 05, 2006 7:37 am

hand_solo wrote:I vote that Kickboxingshrimp is the worst poster of all time on this board and he should be banned.

Please explain how Gran Turismo, Halo and Resi Evil 1 could possibly be among the worst games of all time.

Gashpap.
But has the shrimp not already stated a number of times that the list was generated by us and not him? - we voted for the games so we have to live with them...

Anyone else picks on the shrimp and they have me to deal with! grrr... :evil:

I vote for home alone. It sucked.

mr pete
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)

Kaede

Post by Kaede » Fri May 05, 2006 7:45 am

Halo was on there from the start. Hence the first reply was something along the lines of "HALO!?!? OMG WTF!!!11? "

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Fri May 05, 2006 7:53 am

I could be wrong (again :) ) but didn't the Delta force games only let you choose 2 weapons from the start of the level and introduce an element of stratagy regarding which ones were best for each level long before Halo..? (I can't be arsed to install it just to find out lol )

yakmag

Post by yakmag » Fri May 05, 2006 7:56 am

Afterburner gets my nod this time round, it has got to be the biggest waste of a) computer media b) a 64 EVER!!!!

Kaede

Post by Kaede » Fri May 05, 2006 8:04 am

I played C64 Afterburner for hours as a nipper. :oops:

Clearly I am the one with no taste. (Or perhaps that is why I got the hump over this thread). :(

Lindopski

Post by Lindopski » Fri May 05, 2006 11:56 am

when gran turismo one arrived it was absoultely ground breaking, it was the best looking and handling game in one bundle up to that time.
we can sit by now what on the way to 10 yrs later and chortle at how crap it looks, but our jaws were dragging on the ground when it hit the playstation.
what was around then , lambourghini on the n64 , sega rally on the saturn.
I know which game id rather take on a desert island.

though part two is still the best ;P
Retro when it wasnt cool

Opa-Opa

Re:

Post by Opa-Opa » Fri May 05, 2006 12:25 pm

Lindopski wrote:when gran turismo one arrived it was absoultely ground breaking, it was the best looking and handling game in one bundle up to that time.
we can sit by now what on the way to 10 yrs later and chortle at how crap it looks, but our jaws were dragging on the ground when it hit the playstation.
what was around then , lambourghini on the n64 , sega rally on the saturn.
I know which game id rather take on a desert island.

though part two is still the best ;P
As we all know on here, great graphics do NOT make a great game. As for the Desert Island, out of those 3 it would be Sega Rally every time.. (well for me anyway..)

Kaede

Post by Kaede » Fri May 05, 2006 12:31 pm

Sega Rally >>>>>>>>>>>>> Gran Turismo.

8)

C4

Post by C4 » Fri May 05, 2006 1:17 pm

Some of these poll choices have got to be a joke.

Kickboxingshrimp

Re:

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Fri May 05, 2006 1:47 pm

pforson wrote:
hand_solo wrote:I vote that Kickboxingshrimp is the worst poster of all time on this board and he should be banned.

Please explain how Gran Turismo, Halo and Resi Evil 1 could possibly be among the worst games of all time.

Gashpap.
But has the shrimp not already stated a number of times that the list was generated by us and not him? - we voted for the games so we have to live with them...

Anyone else picks on the shrimp and they have me to deal with! grrr... :evil:

I vote for home alone. It sucked.

mr pete

Awwwww mr pete..im getting emotional! hehe

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
last time i was banned from anywhere was an incedent involving aftershock and a cubical door...anyhoo...

this next sentance will be copied and pasted many many MANY times i feel...

*Rant Begin*

I DID NOT PLUCK THESE GAMES FROM THIN AIR, THEY WERE NOMINATED BY THE PEOPLE THAT READ THIS FORUM!!!!!

*Rant Over*

Dont vote for your fave game, you vote for the worse, if you dont agree with any of the picks..dont vote for it!..simple as that! hehe

Now that ive got that off my chest....im glad to see these votes have started some good debates, and discussions..which is what its all about...

of and incase you forgot...

I DIDNT CHOOSE THE GAMES!!! :roll:

The case for the defence rests!! :)

Oh and btw

Happy Voting!
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

daynum

Re:

Post by daynum » Fri May 05, 2006 2:21 pm

Gashpap.
That's got to be one of the biggest cases of "shooting the messenger" I've ever seen. If a bill you don't like the look of lands on your doormat in the morning do you call the post office and demand they sack your postman?

Oh and the same guy who nominated Halo also nominated Doom and Half Life so you better get your angry hat on for the rounds when those appear too! :lol:

C4

Post by C4 » Fri May 05, 2006 3:07 pm

Is it me, or are those who nominated certain titles worse than most casual gamers?

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Fri May 05, 2006 4:29 pm

I nominated for Resi 1.

Its personal opinion but I found the controls to be completely unplayable. The hype built it up so much that I have never been more disappointed with a game in my life. I would rather play 7th Guest!

It may not be technically the worst game, but it is the one I felt most let down by.