Worse Game In The World EVER.....Round 1 Heat B

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Round 1, Heat B

Poll ended at Sun May 07, 2006 4:40 pm

Vendetta (Spectrum)
No votes
Ultraman (Mega Drive)
2%
Superman (N64)
17%
Afterburner (c64)
21%
Afterburner (c64)
21%
Gran Tursimo (Playstation)
15%
Home Alone (Snes)
6%
Rockstar Ate My Hamster (Spectrum)
No votes
Street Fighter 2 (Amiga)
15%
Robocop 3 (Snes)
4%

Total votes: 48

Kickboxingshrimp

Worse Game In The World EVER.....Round 1 Heat B

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Thu May 04, 2006 4:40 pm

So Heat A ended with World Cup Carnival and Renegade 3 progressing

(Close run thing with 5 out of the remaining 7 games each tieing for votes..but there you go...So in this heat isssssss...

*Drum Roll*

Vendetta (Spectrum)
Ultraman (megadrive)
Superman (N64)
Afterburner (c64)
Gran Tursimo (Playstation)
Home Alone (Snes)
Rockstar Ate My Hamster (Spectrum)
Street Fighter 2 (Amiga)
Robocop 3 (Snes)

Again, The Poll Will Last for 3 days....
leave your thoughts...and happy voting!
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

Delboy

Post by Delboy » Thu May 04, 2006 4:46 pm

Gran Turismo,...

Are you having a giraffe or what.

Street Fighter 2 on the Amiga yes, to me it was unplayable.

Kickboxingshrimp

Re:

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Thu May 04, 2006 4:47 pm

Delboy wrote:Gran Turismo,...

Lol...i didnt nominate any of these, it was the clever and wise people on this forum that nominated them! hehe
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Thu May 04, 2006 4:49 pm

No GT does suck big time...
Want to to win, just ram everything out the way and bounce of all the walls.! Does that sound like a Real driving Simulator to you..?
TOCA is better in every department including the graphics...

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu May 04, 2006 4:49 pm

The only one I really know in this heat is RSAMH, and I really liked it, so I will refrain from voting in this round (can I have 2 votes in the next :wink: )

Kickboxingshrimp

Re:

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Thu May 04, 2006 4:51 pm

SirClive wrote:The only one I really know in this heat is RSAMH, and I really liked it, so I will refrain from voting in this round (can I have 2 votes in the next :wink: )
lol.....i also loved rsamh, and almost nominated it as my fav game of all time...

as for 2 votes....

computer says no...hehe....... :twisted:
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

RS200

Post by RS200 » Thu May 04, 2006 5:22 pm

Has to be the disk-swapping frenzy that was Street Fighter 2 on the Amiga .. marvel at US Golds inability to get it to work on AGA machines - wonder in amazment at the copy protection on Disc 4 which made it useless on 50% of machines (until a nice patch disc was sent out) ... then laugh wholeheartedly as the crackers fixed it all in less than 2 hours ....

daynum

Post by daynum » Thu May 04, 2006 7:02 pm

Superman 64. I mean really, what were they thinking. The "highlight" has got to be how they blame the lack of backgrounds as being "Kryptonite fog". As for gameplay, you fly through rings. About a billion rings. Or at least you would fly through rings if the controls weren't so terrible.

Demonblaze

Post by Demonblaze » Thu May 04, 2006 7:26 pm

Hmm I thought Street Fighter 2 on the amiga was quite good.If you owned an amiga then you had to get use to disk swapping or invest in hard drives/extra floppy drives and street fighter wasn't the worse. Bloodnet AGA is 11 or 12 disks long and indiana jones foa was pretty close too. Besides at that time I prefered using a joystick to using a game pad. I think you should have ommited this from the list and put in simon the sorcerer 3d. It might not be THAT retro but damn it's been the biggest dissapointment in life, even worse than the manic street preacher's this is my truth album and childhood hero johnny rotten doing reality tv and oakenfold collaberations!

RS200

Re:

Post by RS200 » Thu May 04, 2006 7:59 pm

Demonblaze wrote:Hmm I thought Street Fighter 2 on the amiga was quite good.If you owned an amiga then you had to get use to disk swapping or invest in hard drives/extra floppy drives and street fighter wasn't the worse. Bloodnet AGA is 11 or 12 disks long and indiana jones foa was pretty close too. Besides at that time I prefered using a joystick to using a game pad. I think you should have ommited this from the list and put in simon the sorcerer 3d. It might not be THAT retro but damn it's been the biggest dissapointment in life, even worse than the manic street preacher's this is my truth album and childhood hero johnny rotten doing reality tv and oakenfold collaberations!
It's a fair argument you have there. I actually think that Creative Materials did the best they *could* of done. The fact is though that your SNES owning friend took one look at this and laughed his/her arse off. The game was just not suited to the Amiga at all really. Think about it .. the people who were wanting this game were mainly kids who are not the most patient of types and don't really understand the complexities and limitations of disc-loaders they would be there joystick in hand chomping at the bit wanting to beat the crap out of Guile or whoever and then the machine would suddenly ask for another disc ... ok ... and then ask for another disc and then another .. it took the whole atmosphere away from the game .. ok, it supported 2-button joysticks and as i say, Creative Materials did the best they could .. but after all that .. their best was just not good enough.... Get Elfmania is what i say or Super Street Fighter 2 .. was a much better polished (and disc optimized) game.

I suppose I just have bad memories of the game .. I was working in a game shop at the time and the amount of grief we had with customers "not being happy" with this product was just incredible .... all the problems we ever had in 7 years added together don't get near the amount of problems this game gave us ..

The C64 version of SF2 was even worse than the Amiga ... does anyone agree with that ??? ... it was such a blocky mess !!

Shin_Gouki

Re:

Post by Shin_Gouki » Thu May 04, 2006 11:54 pm

Delboy wrote:Gran Turismo,...

GT = Most overrated game ever

Except for the many repetitive sequels
真・豪鬼

Demonblaze

Post by Demonblaze » Fri May 05, 2006 4:02 am

I understand what you're saying and I admit super street fighter 2 and the turbo sequel were superior games (I own both) but with 3 external drives and hd in 2 of my 4 amigas it really didn't bother me all that much. Besides I couldn't play it on my snes as every time I switched THAT on my addiction would kick in and I'd end up playing another rpg instead :lol:

Kai

Re:

Post by Kai » Fri May 05, 2006 5:19 am

Shin_Gouki wrote:GT = Most overrated game ever
No, not quite. It's Metal Gear Solid :twisted:

merman

Post by merman » Fri May 05, 2006 6:33 am

Home Alone on the SNES... typical of so many early 90's film licenses, chuck the main character in a repetitive platform game and wait for high sales...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Kaede

Post by Kaede » Fri May 05, 2006 6:35 am

I vote that Kickboxingshrimp is the worst poster of all time on this board and he should be banned.

Please explain how Gran Turismo, Halo and Resi Evil 1 could possibly be among the worst games of all time.

Gashpap.