Looking for help on Gaming Verdict

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:44 pm

I just installed messenger.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:05 pm

Someone should set up a chat room like the RG one.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:10 pm

Also a good plan, someone affiliated with actually running GV would be a good bet. Some Sir perhaps. With a good british name. Something like Clive.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

TMR

Post by TMR » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:31 pm

Well, if y'put it on IRCNet i don't mind moving my bot in to mind the shop...

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:09 pm

Took long enough to get people on Quakenet so wish you luck with getting them on there. :P

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:19 am

But with a specific purpose rather than general chat would no doubt make it more successful. I would set it up, but am clueless in that area.

TMR

Post by TMR » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:40 am

Sureshot wrote:Took long enough to get people on Quakenet so wish you luck with getting them on there. :P
Well, i've started going through the motions of opening #GamingVerdict on QuakeNet but need a couple of willing victims to sacrifice... erm, bodies in the channel before i can request the bot. =-)

Grahame

Re: Looking for help on Gaming Verdict

Post by Grahame » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:20 am

boyo wrote:First of all I've Okay'd posting this with Darran.

I'm looking for help with my site Gaming Verdict - www.gamingverdict.com

At the moment Sir Clive is helping with reviews and Woody.Cool is looking to help with the retro section.

I am on the mailing list of a number of companies to supply games and to be honest I do not have the time to play and review all of them. I have just given out Quantum Solace, Spiderman, Fracture, Samba Di Amiga, 3 x PS2 Ignition SNK titles for review to a couple of colleagues. I have also given Sonic Chronicles to Sir Clive. Before that I handed out Battlefield, SPace Siege, Haze, bejing 2008, Guitar Hero: Aeroesmith, Flatout and Lego Indiana Jones and Ireviewed Star Wars Force Unleashed. I have Dead Space on the way as well as whatever the PR ppl want to send me.

In this case the deal is I send on the game for review, the person reviews it in the style of the current reviews on GV and sends to me. The person keeps the game.

In addition, I am looking for reviews for XBLA, PSN and Wii as well as those titles I do not get from the PR ppl.

Also, I am looking for people to help with the news on the site - both retro and current.

We talk a lot about the current games on the 360, PSN and Wii in this forum - lets put these thoughts into a review and comment on GV and get a bigger audience to read them.

GV is getting around 300-400 unique visits a day, and at its peak so far we got over 1600. With a bit of help I think the site could do quite well. I'm looking to share the site with a number of Retro Gamer forumites who hopefully will feel a big part of the site. That is the dream/goal anyway.

What do you guys think?
Sent you an email mate. :)
I'd buy that for a dollar!

boyo

Post by boyo » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:51 am

Thanks all for all your support - I will contact each of you shortly.

The new template will have a home page for each of the current systems - we will have a retro one as well. I will be looking for editors for each home page and the response so far from those volunteering to help covers all the bases - PS3, 360, DS, PSP, Wii, Retro.

I am going to ask Overheat to change the template graphics a little to suit GV - I'm hoping this can be done quite quickly. In the mean time - I have 6 more reviews to go up shortly.

Once the tempate is done and up, then we can do a relaunch.

Let me know the outcome of creating a chat room - it would be sooooo cool if we could grow this site using a team from this forum.

TMR

Post by TMR » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:03 am

boyo wrote:Let me know the outcome of creating a chat room - it would be sooooo cool if we could grow this site using a team from this forum.
In progress, being held up by the damned network... =-)

Update: happy bunnies now, the channel is on QuakeNet (so visitors can pop "next door" into #RetroGamer as well) and called #GamingVerdict - anyone needs talking through can PM me. =-)

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:32 am

TMR wrote:
boyo wrote:Let me know the outcome of creating a chat room - it would be sooooo cool if we could grow this site using a team from this forum.
In progress, being held up by the damned network... =-)

Update: happy bunnies now, the channel is on QuakeNet (so visitors can pop "next door" into #RetroGamer as well) and called #GamingVerdict - anyone needs talking through can PM me. =-)
Indeed- been chatting in there today! Well, now actually :D
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:33 am

boyo wrote:Thanks all for all your support - I will contact each of you shortly.

The new template will have a home page for each of the current systems - we will have a retro one as well. I will be looking for editors for each home page and the response so far from those volunteering to help covers all the bases - PS3, 360, DS, PSP, Wii, Retro.

I am going to ask Overheat to change the template graphics a little to suit GV - I'm hoping this can be done quite quickly. In the mean time - I have 6 more reviews to go up shortly.

Once the tempate is done and up, then we can do a relaunch.

Let me know the outcome of creating a chat room - it would be sooooo cool if we could grow this site using a team from this forum.

Missed PC off the list there :wink: :shock: System-ist - that's what you are! :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

boyo

Post by boyo » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:54 am

Is there a work friendly way of getting into the channel?

And yes PC will be on there as well...

TMR

Post by TMR » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:00 am

boyo wrote:Is there a work friendly way of getting into the channel?
Work friendly depends on a number of factors so it won't work everywhere but Mibbit is probably the best bet and that link should automagically plonk you into the channel itself.

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:42 am

Yeah plonked my idling self in there. Also, I am always set to away in MSN in case you were wondering. ;)