what is your rarest retro item/or most favourite retro item?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

thl

Post by thl » Wed May 30, 2007 6:17 pm

Sonic Chaos T-shirt. First got it around 1993/94.

GarryG

Post by GarryG » Thu May 31, 2007 6:21 am

Nothing mega rare, some old Spectrun magazines starting from issue one, lots of old C+VG. Around 6 or 7 Dreamcast games that would go for 20 -25 + on ebay, a vectrex, some fairly rare old TV pong systems, but these arn't worth much, if youre counting 'rarity' as value.

I've got an origonal release game.com, they must be rare; nobody want's them!!!

Heavy Stylus

Post by Heavy Stylus » Thu May 31, 2007 8:36 am

Mire Mare for the speccy.
http://www.rgcd.co.uk
8-128 Bit & beyond: Indie game development news for vintage & modern computer hardware.

Heavy Stylus

Post by Heavy Stylus » Thu May 31, 2007 8:38 am

Oh, and the full version of Putty Squad for the Amiga. Cost me well over a grand, so no, you can't have a copy...
8-128 Bit & beyond: Indie game development news for vintage & modern computer hardware.

Heavy Stylus

Post by Heavy Stylus » Thu May 31, 2007 8:38 am

:wink:

RetroRik

Post by RetroRik » Thu May 31, 2007 8:42 am

Me.. Actually im more medium rare. :)

RIK

Ross PK

Post by Ross PK » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:31 am

My most favorite is my Atari 800XL, and my most rare which is probably my most favorite game for the 8-bit is Journey To The Planets. I've seen it get a 9/10 for rareness.

caffeinekid

Post by caffeinekid » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:41 pm

I don't think I have anything really rare but I quite like my Squish double screen Game N Watch.
10 PRINT "TCK IS COOL!";
20 GOTO 10

http://www.tcksoft.co.uk

8bitgamer

Favorite rare item

Post by 8bitgamer » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:05 am

My boxed NES system that has never been played or taken out of the factory plastic.

http://brettweisswords.blogspot.com/

Cabal

Post by Cabal » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:50 am

My copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga. And no - you may not have it for £30. :twisted:

sonic91

Post by sonic91 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:36 am

I have a Japanese Sonic the Hedgehog anniversary pack (10th anniversary) in mint condition. Quite what it contains I'm not sure, I think it has a music disc inside along with a dreamcast game, but is still sealed up. I got it delivered with a mint condition Pippin Atmark console, which is also quite rare. An interesting item I picked up a few years back on Ebay (can't remember how much for but it was quite cheap) is a copy of Christmas NiGHTS Into Dreams for the Japanese Sega Saturn, once again, this is sealed and in mint condition. It says "Not For Sale" on the back. Must have been a promotional item, but I don't think there are that many around.
I've got an origonal release game.com, they must be rare; nobody want's them!!!
I've got one of those too. I also have a mint sealed copy of Sonic Jam for it.
Fight the good fight of faith,
Lay hold on Eternal life.

-1 Timothy 6:12-

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:12 am

I have Street Fighter II for Master System :shock:

I'm suprised the machine is capable of such a game - but it does well for such a low spec console.

russgalleywood

Post by russgalleywood » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:41 am

Sabreman wrote:I'm not much of a hoarder when it comes to games - in fact I'm about to have another purge of things that don't get played much. There are a couple of things that will never leave my possession if I have any say in the matter though. My Amiga Dungeon Master and Chaos Strikes Back, and my Speccy Elite. Neither particularly rare or valuable, but filled with such great memories. The only annoying thing is that I mail-ordered DM, and the postie squished it through the letterbox, so the box is creased. I clearly remember hearing him start to push it through and running downstairs but I was too late :cry:
Well done Mate, you mentioned my two favourite games ever!

I don't have anything very rare, only discovered last year after hearing about the price it went for on Ebay that I own Moonstone for the Amiga! Never played it though and have now idea where it came from!
I have Myst, the Magnetic Scrolls mini adventure that I got when I joined a mail order company called Special Reserve, no idea if it's rare though.
Only other thing vaguely rare is the Sord M5 I found in my wife's parent's loft 10 years ago.

I don't collect to sell, I collect because I just love old computers and want to make sure these things survive for a few years more!
Have no interest in anything to do with consoles unless they are mid-late 70's or very early 80's.
'What's a Ftoomch?'

russgalleywood

Post by russgalleywood » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:50 am

Oh, just remembered I have a four disc (5.25) set of US gold games for the Amstrad PC512, the games are Bruce Lee, Dambusters, PSI-5 Trading and Tag-Team Wrestling. Again, I have no idea where I got it from!
It might have come bundled with the machine itself but I don't have an Amstrad to play them on, probably not that rare actually....

And lastly, two of my most treasured gaming possessions are my Amiga Infocom games, Wishbringer and HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy, both of which came with interesting extras in the box such as 'Don't Panic' glasses!
Again, not rare but special to me.
'What's a Ftoomch?'

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:18 pm

russgalleywood wrote:Oh, just remembered I have a four disc (5.25) set of US gold games for the Amstrad PC512, the games are Bruce Lee, Dambusters, PSI-5 Trading and Tag-Team Wrestling. Again, I have no idea where I got it from!
It might have come bundled with the machine itself but I don't have an Amstrad to play them on, probably not that rare actually....

And lastly, two of my most treasured gaming possessions are my Amiga Infocom games, Wishbringer and HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy, both of which came with interesting extras in the box such as 'Don't Panic' glasses!
Again, not rare but special to me.
I remember getting the fluff , but not the glasses
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"