what is your rarest retro item/or most favourite retro item?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

mosh

Post by mosh » Mon May 08, 2006 5:04 am

I have a number of rare pieces, my extensive C16/Plus4 software collection is probably unique in Australia, but my prize piece is a Mint in box with foam inserts and label covers Earth Invaders machine by CRL.

mementomike

Re:

Post by mementomike » Mon May 08, 2006 7:40 am

SirClive wrote:Not rare, but my Jamma cab would be my most treasured. My most wanted is a Vectrex, so hats off to you guys that are treasuring yours :D
I got a nice game and watch collection going currently;
donkey kong
Mario bros
Squish
PacMan

None are rare but their not in bad condition considering their age

Also got a Mame cab which also isnt rare but I wouldnt want to part with it either! :)

mke[/img]

acharris05

Post by acharris05 » Mon May 08, 2006 3:54 pm

Hi, my most rarest games I have in my collection is Dr Who and the Mines of Terror on C64 disk and the Last Ninja 2 with the Ninja Mask and star on the C64 disk. Also I own Mayhem in Monster Land.

My favourite retro items are my commodore collection which include the A500, A500 +, A600, A1200, CD32, Commodore 64 and 64C with various hardware and software.

pottyboy

Post by pottyboy » Mon May 08, 2006 4:05 pm

I'm getting one of these in a couple of days...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

I'm also a proud owner of Mayhem in Monsterland on disk, but unfortunately it didn't work when I last tried it a few years ago! :cry:

But if there's one thing I love that we have that actually works, it's my glorious Spectrum +3!

"And I've got a little TIP for you. Get the POINT?" - Guybrush Threepwood

AfterburN003

Post by AfterburN003 » Mon May 08, 2006 4:57 pm

I have a boxed Tri-Star adaptor for the SNES. (Or Super8 as it was also known). U dont see many of them , even on ebay.

Mort

Post by Mort » Tue May 09, 2006 6:56 pm

Out of all my machines my fully working Commodore Sx64 has to be the top on my favourite machines and my fully signed Commodore 64 Issue 1 by all the composers ie Rob Hubbard,Martin Galway,Whittaker et al has to be the most valuable.

Other items I cherish are my Atari Jaguar with Tempest and my Gp2x not rare but great nonethe less :D
Blast another coupon missing, what`s on ebay!

GetDexter

Re:

Post by GetDexter » Sat May 13, 2006 10:17 am

Shin_Gouki wrote:Most treasured item is my mint Final Fantasy VIII special edition pack with T-shirt and a whole bunch of stuff :D

No real rare items, just treasured ones :wink:
Yes - i had that. Wore the t-shirt until it faded. The only other thing in the deluxe edition was a poster though, not '...and a whole bunch of stuff' ?????

Unless you had the super super deluxe edition :o)

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Sat May 13, 2006 1:15 pm

In mine I got a memory card, stickers, t-shirt, poster + the game....

GetDexter

Re:

Post by GetDexter » Sat May 13, 2006 1:19 pm

Opa-Opa wrote:In mine I got a memory card, stickers, t-shirt, poster + the game....
Ah yes - well I forgot about them! It was a long time ago... I remember the memory card + stickers now. I think I paid £29.99 for mine from a local outlet called 'Soft Centre'.

I have to admit to never completeing it. I think I got to Disc 4 but... for some reason I cannot remember I lost interest. But I have very fond memories of the mini card game sequences and some gorgeous cut scenes.
As requested by the Tw@t himself - his account was Hijacked and has had a change of password.

Sorry Dexter!

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Sat May 13, 2006 1:22 pm

Never opened it, crap game that came in a nice boxset.... Sits on the shelf and looks better than it plays

GarryDH

Post by GarryDH » Mon May 15, 2006 8:45 am

My rarest item is a complete Death and Return of Superman for the Megadrive. Didn't even know it was rare until I got it home.

Felt a bit guilty as it was part of a system & game set I'd haggled down to £15 after miscounting the number of games. There were something like 18 games in all, a few turned out to be uncommon but The Death and Return of Superman was the best by far.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue May 29, 2007 9:07 am

Ok

Last Hope LTD Edition on DC 1 of 500

Nintendo DS VIP edition 1 of 1000

Not really got anything that rare to be honest, got a few things that might be in the future though :wink: PS1 bubble bobble and rainbow islands, Saturn - DoDonPachi, DC - Trigger Heart Exelica Limited Edition, PS1 Final Fantasy 7 original release (starting to pick up already), DC -Mars Matrix, spring to mind.

The rarity and subsequent value are a nice bonus But fundamentally I love playing all my games and I'd hate to part with them.

My most treasured item is my yellowed old SNES, It's never given me a days trouble since I bought it in 93'. Loads of my best memories from youth are attached to this console (SF2, Mario Kart sessions with my mates etc) and a lot of my all time favorite games were released on it. I'd give up any of my cosoles to keep it and that includes my PC Engine Core Grafx 2 that took me 14 years to get!!

andrew_rollings

Post by andrew_rollings » Tue May 29, 2007 10:56 am

A christmas card (to me) from Sir Clive Sinclair.
A YS metal badge.

And probably a few other bits and pieces... Those ones spring to mind though.

Andrew

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Tue May 29, 2007 11:32 am

Probably my NEC PC-FX...maybe my Super Xevious board game :)

focusgaming

Post by focusgaming » Wed May 30, 2007 9:48 am

I got a few Nintendo Game & Watches. Also a Vectrex from when I was a kid..... many years ago!
Lee
Focus Gaming (UK)
http://www.focusgaming.co.uk