what is your rarest retro item/or most favourite retro item?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

console girl

what is your rarest retro item/or most favourite retro item?

Post by console girl » Tue May 02, 2006 10:52 am

hi there,i was thinking about this over the weekend and would love to know what other people consider to be there rarest game/console they have in there collection,also what is your most treasured item the most played with and loved and you could never part with it no matter what the offer for it was,or maybe you could at a price?
anyway i would consider my rarest console to be my brand new atari 7800 possibly not that rare but i love it everything all still sealed up in it's little boxes beautiful.
my most treasured and played with item would have to be my big trak with truck and trailer,hours of frustrating fun programing it and the watching the total disaster of your programing as it crashes in to walls,takes wrong turns etc,oh and a little tip here never play with it near stairs or fires because as we know the worst will definatley happen.

anyway thanks for reading this and would love to hear other peoples thoughts.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Tue May 02, 2006 11:01 am

Not sure what my rarest console/game is, it seems one month things are very rare and hard to get hold of and the next there are loads of said "rare" item floating about at half the price...
The one item I would have trouble parting with would be the GTI club arcade machine I have just got hold of after years of trying to obtain.. Such a pain to find a machine that works and is not bashed up plus there was no home version of it..

console girl

Post by console girl » Tue May 02, 2006 11:12 am

that sounds cool opa-opa i would love an arcade machine myself but it would have to be either outrun,dragons lair or space ace but ive got no chance as my partner won't let me as we already have both our spare rooms taken up by retro items so space is at a premium at the moment,although i must confess it is going down at the moment as i have started to use the demon that is ebay to get rid of some of my less treasured items.but as you know as the collection goes down it also goes back up from purchases off there and i also love car bootsales,i got my lovely nr mint vectrex off one for the massive price of a tenner.

Shin_Gouki

Post by Shin_Gouki » Tue May 02, 2006 11:17 am

Most treasured item is my mint Final Fantasy VIII special edition pack with T-shirt and a whole bunch of stuff :D

No real rare items, just treasured ones :wink:
真・豪鬼

console girl

Post by console girl » Tue May 02, 2006 11:24 am

superb i love that your currently playing parodius,i totaly love this game on my sega saturn with it's cool game play and even cooler music,i love the (in the mood music) makes the game so much fun to play.

Shin_Gouki

Post by Shin_Gouki » Tue May 02, 2006 11:30 am

It's so cool... I only just got into Side scrollers and this cracks me up. Like you said the music is ace... really adds to the mood!
真・豪鬼

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue May 02, 2006 12:19 pm

Not terribly rare, but it took 20 years for me to get one so its certainly cherished, is my Vectrex.

I only found out last month that its the only system with an official version of Scramble, the game I bought the system to play :oops:
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

READBOY

Post by READBOY » Tue May 02, 2006 12:25 pm

My most treasured retro possession is my NES copy of Mario Bros signed by Shigeru Miyamoto. 8)

RS200

Post by RS200 » Tue May 02, 2006 12:37 pm

I think like Ant, my Vectrex is sure up there ... something I have had since '89 and It still gets a blast every now and then, but it is the feeling when I see it is worth more than anything ... It will be the first thing I take with me if my house burns down anyway ...

Psychobob

Post by Psychobob » Tue May 02, 2006 3:37 pm

Hi there, I new to this forum so I feel I should tell you all that I’m a big BIG Sonic the Hedgehog fan. I love collecting, and I’ve amassed a great deal of Sonic games from various formats and regions, the majority of which are still sealed in their shrink-wrap. I value each of these games equally, but since my favourite all-time game is Sonic 3 & Knuckles, my most prized item has to be my sealed Sonic 3 themed PAL Megadrive console. The art on its cardboard slipcase is truly amazing.

Antiriad2097

Re:

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue May 02, 2006 3:42 pm

Psychobob wrote:I’m a big BIG Sonic the Hedgehog fan. I love collecting
Do you perchance have a Sonic the Hedgehog Turbo Challenge Race Set? :twisted:
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

M.A.G

Post by M.A.G » Tue May 02, 2006 4:48 pm

I suppose my rarest game is my jap copy of Battle Mania on the MD.Most treasured is my Mega CD collection of 51 pal games.

filecore

Post by filecore » Tue May 02, 2006 5:01 pm

Mine is my Parker Bros prototype/pre-release of Qbert for the Atari 2600!
I love Qbert, hence the avatar :D

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue May 02, 2006 5:29 pm

Not rare, but my Jamma cab would be my most treasured. My most wanted is a Vectrex, so hats off to you guys that are treasuring yours :D

Psychobob

Re:

Post by Psychobob » Tue May 02, 2006 5:57 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Psychobob wrote:I’m a big BIG Sonic the Hedgehog fan. I love collecting
Do you perchance have a Sonic the Hedgehog Turbo Challenge Race Set? :twisted:
I'm afraid not, I don't tend to collect crap :D

I used to have a lot of promo stuff but it took up a lot of room, like my 2m high Sonic Heroes stand, so I go rid of it all. Now I like to focus on collecting just the games, however I do still have my issues of Japanese Megafan (which contains Sonic Advertisements), and a large poster advertising the MTV Rock the Rock Sonic & Knuckles tournament.

I used to have the Knuckles Chaotix PAL 32X pack, which is rare. Unfortunately it was in a terrible state; I initially bought it for £200, and then sold it on later for £300.
Last edited by Psychobob on Tue May 02, 2006 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.