Overheat's Top 10 eBay Auctions - Week 018 (13.10.08)

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Which do you want most, and why?

Number 10: Radiant Silvergun
9%
Number 9: Vectrex
18%
Number 8: Mega Man 2
5%
Number 6: Samba De Amigo
9%
Number 5: JVC X'Eye
5%
Number 4: PC Engine Duo RX
14%
Number 3: Coloured Game Gears
5%
Number 2: NES Lot
18%
Number 1: Super Mario Bros. Game & Watch
18%

Total votes: 22

Overheat

Overheat's Top 10 eBay Auctions - Week 018 (13.10.08)

Post by Overheat » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:50 am

I know you haven’t really had chance to settle down from last week’s excitement yet, but oh well, here’s another OTTeA before I forget to do it! :)

With a return to commentary, hope you enjoy this week’s instalment and don’t forget to vote for your favourite and let us know why that particular game is so special for you!

Number 10: Radiant Silvergun - link
Yes, I know I’ve featured this one before, probably more than once, but it really is an awesome game and everyone really should own a copy. If you have a Japanese Sega Saturn and don’t have this game, then you’re committing an unholy act on the world of video gaming. Just so you know ;)

Number 9: Vectrex - link
Everyone’s favourite vector-based gaming console and I’ve marked this one out for those who live in the East Sussex area. To make up for you lot being in such a terrible location, this fellow is offering a lovely Vectex with 6 games for anyone willing to travel to Brighton to collect it – as it is collection only, this will more than likely sell for under the odds.

Number 8: Mega Man 2 - link
This copy of Mega Man 2 for the NES is still sealed and has been graded as 85 by VGGrader and placed in a UV protective game case. This really is for the sealed game collector and no-one else as you’ll really be paying over the odds if you intend to play this game. For the sealed collection though, it’s beautiful!

Number 7: Turbo Grafx & CD - link
This auction is made particularly special by the inclusion of a Hucard Converter, along with System, Arcade and Game Express Cards, this can pretty much play any game from any region

Number 6: Samba De Amigo - link
This is Sonic Team’s rhythm game for the Dreamcast – recently rereleased for the Nintendo Wii, this underground game is likely to gain popularity at an incredible rate and therefore the original Dreamcast game should surge up in value consequently.

Number 5: JVC X'Eye - link
This is another one of those Mega Drive/Mega CD all-in-one units, in the same vein as the Multimega, CDX and Wondermega. Released in Japan as the Wondermega II in 1993 at a whopping 65,000 Yen (about £380), it was actually much cheaper to buy a Mega Drive and Mega CD separately!

Number 4: PC Engine Duo RX - link
The Duo RX was the last of the 16-bit PC Engine CD Units and thus many consider it to be the best. It’s main problem is that there is no headphone socket, but this minor niggle is more than compensated for by its nicer light blue colour scheme and bundled 6-button controller – oh and it’s also cheaper than its older siblings!

Number 3: Coloured Game Gears - link
This is an auction for 3 very rare Japanese Game Gears in Red, Blue and Yellow. All are fully boxed with manuals and inner cardboard and are in exquisite condition from one of my favourite sellers “japan-gamesâ€
Overheat's Top 10 Auctions | CLICK HERE

David

Post by David » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:52 am

I can't get onto ebay in work so these always just come out as Red "X"'s to me :(

However, if I had that Mega Man game I would post a video on the internet of me ripping the packaging open then throwing the box away, just to p*ss off those guys that collect games then don't even open them

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:54 am

From where I am the Vectrex is about 10 quids worth of petrol away. About the same as it would be to post. Not that I plan to bid on it, but I did go down to the south coast to collect a machine and all the European games last year though.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:59 am

I'm with David on the sealed Mega Man :x

The nes lot would be quite nice

Another excellent list, Overheat. I look forward to your debut in RG :D

witchfinder

Post by witchfinder » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:11 am

That Game & watch looks cool, but my top choice would have to be Radiant Silvergun... One day I will get a copy of this but surely no one game can be worth £100+ :shock:
The 100k Challenge - 40 Arcade Classics. 2 MAME Cabs. 1 Average Gamer.
Mastertronic Chronicles - Mastertronic C64 Game Collecting and Reviews
My Youtube Channel (featuring Mastertronic, Funspot, REPLAY and more!)

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:19 am

It'd have to be Silvergun for me, I've got Garegga and Batsugun and there's a space waiting on my Saturn shelf for this game one day........

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:44 am

Well Megaman 2 would be my pick, but $80 for shipping is a joke. The Game and Watch would be my other choice, that looks stunning but I bet it will go for more than I can afford right now.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:07 am

That sellers got 2 sealed Megaman 2's, the others on as a buy it now with $75 postage.
Splink!

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:18 am

ShadowMan wrote:Well Megaman 2 would be my pick, but $80 for shipping is a joke. The Game and Watch would be my other choice, that looks stunning but I bet it will go for more than I can afford right now.
fee avoidance no doubt.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:33 am

jdanddiet wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:Well Megaman 2 would be my pick, but $80 for shipping is a joke. The Game and Watch would be my other choice, that looks stunning but I bet it will go for more than I can afford right now.
fee avoidance no doubt.
Plain greed more like, its going to sell a couple of hundred so I don't see the need for the high postage price. Check out the BIN version which is even more expensive with the same kind of postage charge. To bad, I'd love to have a sealed Megaman 2 for my collection.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Joppers

Post by Joppers » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:09 pm

How he can justify $80 shipping I don't know, and who the hell are the VGA??!!

sscott

Post by sscott » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:20 pm

I would go for the DC Samba De Amigo, think it will go up in price a lot in next few years plus I really enjoy the Wii version and would like to try it out.

sirclive1

Post by sirclive1 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:11 pm

Those game gears are lovely , i have a red one already but thanks to overheat im gonna have a go at those babies !
Luxor the moonprince - Doomguard Slayer

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:16 pm

Samba de Amigo is looking quite good to me. But, and I'm sorry for following the crowd, but since I plaqyed RADIANT SILVERGUN at RF, I've been hankering after the 'Holy Grail' for months since.

When I win the lottery........when I win the lottery....
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

liveinabin

Post by liveinabin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:20 pm

I bloody want a Vectrex