WiiWare recommendations?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:32 am

Not really, but it is a Final Fantasy game that I haven't played.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:07 am

My life as a king is pretty decent if a little repetative, much better than lostwinds.

Team Alfie

Post by Team Alfie » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:35 am

A couple of interesting additions today. I don't know which one to try first. In case you were wondering, I'm not talking about the brain training one.

http://www.wiiware-world.com/news/2008/ ... s_get_even

tssk

Re: WiiWare recommendations?

Post by tssk » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:18 am

Rise from your grave dead topic!

Disclaimer, I know the dev who produced this. But I've held off posting until I got some time to play it at home.

escapeVektor:Episode 1 is like Amidar/Painter with Tron aesthetic. (Think lots of nice glowy lines.) At the moment it's only on WiiWare.

For some reason the pared back art in the game reminds me of old computer games covers. It's 500 points and so far I've had a lot of fun with it. You can play it timidly if you want but half the fun is trying to push your luck getting bonuses by filling in multiple boxes at once.

It's a mere 500 points.

It was my first time on the WiiWare store today. Anyone got any other recommendations?

Roo

Post by Roo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:31 am

Bonsai Barber, MotoHeroz and Tomena Sanner are among my favourite games not just on WiiWare but on the console altogether. You also can't go wrong with Ace Attorney or Sonic 4: Episode 1.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:09 pm

If ever a thread needed resurrecting this one deserves it, especially with escapeVektor. I'll be giving that a go as I've enjoyed Cubixx on PS3 recently too. I've a soft spot for old Painter games.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:25 pm

Well, now the thread is back and it's been a couple of years...

Hydoventure is superb. 1200 points, but well worth all of them.

Also, WarioWare DIY is a good buy especially if you've got the DS game because you can interchange minigames/stuff with it. And I really liked Master Blaster Overdrive, excellent remake of the old Master Blaster game with a very Super Metroid vibe to it.

World Of Goo is another one worth considering, though the PC version may be a better bet for most people.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:17 am

So glad this thread came back, as only last week bought my first Wii Points in over 3 years.

I bought them because I really wanted Contra Rebirth. Worth every penny. Im thinking of also getting the Castlevania Rebirth which looks decent.

Also got Megaman 9 & 10, although I havent played either yet.
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:26 am

STranger81 wrote:So glad this thread came back, as only last week bought my first Wii Points in over 3 years.

I bought them because I really wanted Contra Rebirth. Worth every penny. Im thinking of also getting the Castlevania Rebirth which looks decent.

Castlevania Rebirth is ace, better than Contra Rebirth in my opinion. Bit on the easy side on Normal difficulty but its a good 2D platformer CV game that harks back to the pre SOTN games.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:09 am

ShadowMan wrote:
STranger81 wrote:So glad this thread came back, as only last week bought my first Wii Points in over 3 years.

Castlevania Rebirth is ace, better than Contra Rebirth in my opinion. Bit on the easy side on Normal difficulty but its a good 2D platformer CV game that harks back to the pre SOTN games.
Does it save? That would be a big factor for me because with Contra being short and sweet, I dont mind starting from the beginining everytime. Does Castlevania work the same?

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:11 am

STranger81 wrote:Does it save? That would be a big factor for me because with Contra being short and sweet, I dont mind starting from the beginining everytime. Does Castlevania work the same?
Not sure on savind, I'd have to boot the game up and check as I can't remember either way I'm afraid :(
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:29 am

ShadowMan wrote:
STranger81 wrote:Does it save? That would be a big factor for me because with Contra being short and sweet, I dont mind starting from the beginining everytime. Does Castlevania work the same?
Not sure on savind, I'd have to boot the game up and check as I can't remember either way I'm afraid :(
Being honest though ill probably get it either way. Its an old school Castlevania game!!!!!

The thing about the Konami Rebirths that grab me the most are the sound. Fantastic.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:28 am

Keep the Balance.

That is all.