Worse Computer Game Of ALL Time Nominations

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Danforth

Post by Danforth » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:09 am

3. Double Dragon (Speccy, but by all accounts C64 was worse - what a massive let-down, lucky we had the utterly brilliant 'tribute' Target Renegade.)

2. Dracula (Gameboy - Channel 4's Digitiser hammered it so badly I had to play it just to see how crap it was. It was crap.)

1. Transylvanian Tower (Speccy. Especially 'liked' the way it built the maze randomly each time, taking a number of minutes and emitting random beeps from the speaker as it did. Truly appalling game.)
Clones are People II

RS200

Post by RS200 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:56 am

There are some really kak games listed here .. my god .. if you were on a desert island with these i think you go off gaming very quickly.

I think for me it has to be "Rise of the Robots" .. I was working in a computer shop when this monstrosity came out and we got sooo much free display material for it - we even had enough to do a window display .. I wondered if the game was going to be any good as normally games sell themselves and the sheer amount of promo stuff we could get for this game was kinda ... "worrying" .... It made me think this game actually NEEDED this kind of publicity. We also got very good deals with Centresoft for taking lots of copies ... and when the turkey *cough* game did arrive i was absolutly horrifed ... really .. I took down the display for it the very next day. When people asked for it, we tried to persuade them to get SF2 or something LOTS better ...

It was expensive too !!! .. was the Megadrive Retail not £49.99 ???

witchfinder

Post by witchfinder » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:42 am

Off the top of my head...

1. The Running Man (C64) - any game that you complete on your very first attempt cannot be good!

2. Pedro (BBC Micro) - a really glitchy early game from Ocean which I had no idea what was going on in!

3. Subway Vigilante (C64) - the main character's 'kick' move looked like he was stamping on his enemies toe!

Kickboxingshrimp

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:22 pm

keep those games coming guys....its hotting up!! hehe

(Kudos for Transformers on the speccy.......bad!)
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

M.A.G

Post by M.A.G » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:37 pm

I've said it once and i'll say it again ROBOCOP 3on the SNES. :lol:

Antiriad2097

Re:

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:09 pm

m3_poweruk wrote:Tetris - All Formats
You, Sir, are sadly deluded.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

C4

Re:

Post by C4 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:12 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
m3_poweruk wrote:Tetris - All Formats
You, Sir, are sadly deluded.
Not quite as a number of version of Tetris are terrible because they mess with a perfect formula by a number of wretched gimmick such as different block shapes.

HalcyonDaze

Post by HalcyonDaze » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:45 pm

Any FIFA game - The biggest travesty in gaming is that this god awful series outsells the genius of Pro Evo.

Gran Turismo - ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz - like being stuck in a traffic jam on a scorching bank holiday.

Championship Manager 4 - The nadir of an otherwise awesome series. Buy the game, load game (after hours of messing about ), then find it's pretty much unplayable. Probably not SI Games fault, as it was clearly rushed, but still an absolutely appalling effort.

C4

Re:

Post by C4 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:57 pm

HalcyonDaze wrote:Any FIFA game - The biggest travesty in gaming is that this god awful series outsells the genius of Pro Evo.
A bit unfair considering that some FIFA titles are more than just decent to play.

HalcyonDaze

Re:

Post by HalcyonDaze » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:36 pm

C4 wrote:
HalcyonDaze wrote:Any FIFA game - The biggest travesty in gaming is that this god awful series outsells the genius of Pro Evo.
A bit unfair considering that some FIFA titles are more than just decent to play.
No, they really aren't.

Kickboxingshrimp

Re:

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:49 pm

HalcyonDaze wrote:
C4 wrote:
No, they really aren't.
Lol.........is there any version you dislike..as the megadrive versions differ quite a lot from the later playstation/saturn versions!..

THe amiga version was god awful though!
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

HalcyonDaze

Re:

Post by HalcyonDaze » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:05 pm

Kickboxingshrimp wrote:
HalcyonDaze wrote:
C4 wrote: A bit unfair considering that some FIFA titles are more than just decent to play.
No, they really aren't.
Lol.........is there any version you dislike..as the megadrive versions differ quite a lot from the later playstation/saturn versions!..

THe amiga version was god awful though!
Yes, all of them. They are a plague of the gaming world.

Kai

Re:

Post by Kai » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:09 am

revgiblet wrote:
Kai wrote: New York Warriors (Amiga)
NNNOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!
This game rocked like Barry Manilow in an earthquake.
Ok, good point. :wink: It was just the worst game I could think of when writing. Now i vote for Overlander. Or Predator 2. Or Last Ninja 3. Or Crazy Cars. :wink:

revgiblet

Re:

Post by revgiblet » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:14 am

Kai wrote: Overlander
What are you doing? It's like you found my list of 'Games I liked but no-one else seemed to' and are just listing them off! :D
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

Kai

Re:

Post by Kai » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:32 am

revgiblet wrote:
Kai wrote: Overlander
What are you doing? It's like you found my list of 'Games I liked but no-one else seemed to' and are just listing them off! :D
Sorry for that :wink: