Your Holy Grail.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

FatTrucker

Your Holy Grail.

Post by FatTrucker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:12 pm

Every gamer has one....or several......actually in many cases dozens, just wondered what your personal Holy Grail of retro hardware/software would be?, and why you would choose it over everything else that's come and gone over the years.

For me I think it would be an Original Ghosts and Goblins arcade machine. I've not seen an Original G&G cab since I was about 10, it was probably my favourite arcade game back in the 80's and has some great artwork. Now that the games room is imminent I would love to have one to stick with the other cabs.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Mines an APB cab, the one with the bench seat.
It was a GTI Club cab for many years and then I got to own one for around 18 months, it was a great cab but not as much fun in the 1 player stand up cab as the 2 player sit down version with the pass the bomb mode.
I sold it to make way for something else in the end.

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:18 pm

Opa-Opa wrote:Mines an APB cab, the one with the bench seat.
It was a GTI Club cab for many years and then I got to own one for around 18 months, it was a great cab but not as much fun in the 1 player stand up cab as the 2 player sit down version with the pass the bomb mode.
I sold it to make way for something else in the end.
There's an APB on ebay at the mo.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:22 pm

Yeah I know, and if it was closer I'd try and get it, but it's miles away and I'm skint at the mo.
Always the way. I wonder if he will swap it for a Dead or Alive cab..?

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:23 pm

A complete Raizing shmup collection would be for me the holy grail. I would settle however for just a Dimahoo cab. One day it will be mine. :)

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:28 pm

Opa-Opa wrote:Yeah I know, and if it was closer I'd try and get it, but it's miles away and I'm skint at the mo.
Always the way. I wonder if he will swap it for a Dead or Alive cab..?
Dunno, but he seems to sell a lot of very reasonable dedicated machines on a regular basis though. Maybe at some point if he's got a few things worth buying we'll split the cost and do a road trip up there.

TheDude18

Post by TheDude18 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:30 pm

An Xybots Cab. I dont know If there were diffrent types of cab but the one I played (and want) is a sit down version . It looks the business.

Second choice - Gauntlet 2 cab. Nuff said.

Third choice - A Rampage cab. Ive never seen a proper cab, just played a botched together cab.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:36 pm

House of the dead 3 cab you know the one with two shotguns. Video games, zombies, and rediculous peripherals the magic combination

Fred83

Post by Fred83 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:00 pm

mine would be-
commodore 65
Panzer dragoon saga
Doom the japanese version for saturn
Psychic Assassin Taromaru(still debateing to myself to buy it or not)

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:03 pm

If I was absurdly rich, I'd like a wee arcade with a dozen or so stand-up cabs.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:08 pm

CraigGrannell wrote:If I was absurdly rich, I'd like a wee arcade with a dozen or so stand-up cabs.
Its not the money its the space, you could easily do a dozen uprights for under £2000 if you weren't too fussy.

I have 6 at the mo (7 when I receive the Xenon from Sir C). Currently they are all squeezed into what will eventually be the dining room, but once I get the cabin up they will have room to breath again, and I'm hoping I can get at least one 2 player sit down driving machine.

Hope to slowly replace most of the Jamma's with dedicated classics, so should have a fully functional arcade with change from £5000, hopefully within the next 5 or so years dependent on how happy I keep the wife. :D

You're always welcome to come and have a game. I plan on doing a full on Retro Barbeque weekend next summer if the cabins done. Basically just a bunch of arcade games, consoles and beer in a back garden. Will post invites on the forum.
Last edited by FatTrucker on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:13 pm

A arcade with out any slot machines in.
A arcade with out any of those damn 10p things with the draws/levers
A arcade with them grabin things

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:29 pm

The Holy Grail for me is an original Killer Instinct cab.

Pun not intended, but they are certainly RARE.

If anyone here knows of anyone in manc or the North West that can get one for a fair price, please let me know pronto!
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

Smurph

Post by Smurph » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:55 pm

Any of the cabs that were in my local arcade before it got made into a frigging chippy. That would be any ofL Arkanoid, Ikari Warriors, Wonderboy, Xain'd Sleena, Double Dragon, Ghosts n Goblins, and tons more.

I'd settle for a vectrex and a good stock of games though.
Antiriad2097 wrote:There is no in or out, just a constant state of retro gamer.
Nowloading.co.uk My Retrobate Profile

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:15 pm

An Addams Family pinball would be a nice furniture for my house. Should have a few arcade cabinets to keep it company of course.