Female Gamers

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Romulous

Female Gamers

Post by Romulous » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:42 pm

How many of the forum members are female, or how many of the forum members actually have female partners that play games.

My beloved would prefer to play with the Sky remote control and is happy for me to while away the hours [once baby is sleeping] with one of my consoles.

Thankfully she is extremely tolerant with me and generally will stay out of my Computer room as she knows how pedantic i am with cables, controllers n stuff.
Failure isn't about falling down, failure is staying down.

Romulous

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:58 pm

My fiancee plays on my 360 sometimes... mostly Zuma (an XBLA game) and Rock Band. She used to play video games as a child (she still has her Amstrad GX4000, so I'm quite happy with that!), so she has no problem with me playing.
But to the best of my knowledge, I don't remember female gamer in my surrounding... :roll:
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

jimbo_too

Post by jimbo_too » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:00 pm

My Ex was a gamer, girl I am currently trying to get with is a gamer. Oh, and there's also a few gaming ladies on this forum. :)
Antiriad2097 wrote:Jimbo_too, 11% Troll :lol:

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:41 pm

jimbo_too wrote:Oh, and there's also a few gaming ladies on this forum. :)
A few being less than five I reckon - when they do appear, everyone seems to perv and want pics!

Video-Gamer-Girl is the only one which springs to mind with a fair amount of recent-ish activity (I think!) - but even she's not been around much - I think it was since that fire near her flat??

oh, and Sina of course :lol:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:42 pm

The smart ones won't be admitting it on here.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

jimbo_too

Post by jimbo_too » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:56 pm

They generally don't admit it online full stop.

I once saw a Counterstrike deathmatch pretty much grind to a halt and become full-on sex-pseting after the horny teenage geeks realised that one of their teammates was a girl... :roll:
Antiriad2097 wrote:Jimbo_too, 11% Troll :lol:

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:22 pm

There's always Elmo.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

hydr0x

Re: Female Gamers

Post by hydr0x » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:33 pm

Romulous wrote:How many of the forum members are female
my gf is female, if that counts!?
or how many of the forum members actually have female partners that play games.
okay, I qualify here ;)

My girlfriend didn't play too much before she met me seven years ago. She had a CPC back then, Sorcery+ was one of her favorite games. She also loved Lucas Arts adventures on her brother's PC. And Settlers II.

I introduced her to current games and several genres and systems. She started watching me play Adventures and RPGs (and helped me to solve some puzzles) but some day she also started to play again. Super Mario Kart and Yoshi's Island on the SNES, along with Harvest Moon.

Nowadays her favorite system is by far the DS but lucky enough she's not playing all those non-games. She's not into something like Contra or Castlevania though ;) She's currently playing a lot of Zoo Keeper (ever since it has been released), Animal Crossing and CrossworDS. Harvest Moon is aways within reach too.

So yeah, I'm lucky. She's even okay with my collection of >1000 games and has already promised me a basement cinema+gaming room in our future house (she gets a music room :P )

rupert

Post by rupert » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:57 pm

My GF is a casual gamer.

She completed Resident Eveil IV on my Wii a few months back, she was using a youtube based guide near the end for some bits though.

She went through a phase of being addicted to Lost in Blue and Animal Crossing onthe DS.

Currently she's offten playing Lumins on her mobile phone, infact more offten than I would like :roll:

slightly delayed

Post by slightly delayed » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:39 pm

my ex was a gaming girl, she made us buy the wii, and could kick my ass at nightfire on the cube.

flying_delorean81

Post by flying_delorean81 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:50 pm

My GF will only play Wii Sports, Wii Fit and Mario Kart Wii. She hates the competitiveness of gaming and will only play Mario Kart with me if we're on the same team and only on the 50cc setting! Better than nothing, I say. She's very tolerant of my gaming obsession, she says there are much worse things to be addicted to, and I can't argue with that :)

She'd never join a geeky forum like this though :lol:
My Instagram: @caveofpixels
My Facebook: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My Tumblr: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My DeviantART page: caveofpixels.deviantart.com

StickHead

Post by StickHead » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:21 pm

Nintendo saved my marriage! My wife plays on the DS and Wii, but isn't fussed about the 360, PC gaming or my retro stuff.

Her favourites are Zoo Keeper (DS), Animal Crossing (DS), 42 all time favourites (DS), Brain Academy (DS & Wii), Wii Sports, Wii Play and Rayman Ravin' Rabbids (Wii)

Once got her to play a few games of Hunkydory on my Electron, too.

I would be in heaven if she was a games nut. I dream of nights of Co-op Halo 3 and IK+ marathons. :lol:
The Joy of STicks - YouTube - Blog - Twitter - Facebook
New Developments and old inspirations in Atari ST gaming.

Overheat

Post by Overheat » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:58 pm

my gf is a popular rpg gamer - that's how i'd describe her to other gaming friends anyway I guess. She plays Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Zelda games mostly. One of the main reasons I went out with her in the first (and second) place :)
Overheat's Top 10 Auctions *updated weekly (or thereabouts)* | CLICK HERE

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:19 am

ive never had a gf who didn't play some games. not as often as me but a decent interest all the same. ive had my ass kicked by women at everything from baku baku animal and samurai spirits 2 to rock band and wii sports. :lol:

play Burnout Paradise online with 2 women quite often too...

TheDude18

Post by TheDude18 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:53 am

flying_delorean81 wrote:My GF will only play Wii Sports, Wii Fit and Mario Kart Wii. She hates the competitiveness of gaming and will only play Mario Kart with me if we're on the same team and only on the 50cc setting! Better than nothing, I say. She's very tolerant of my gaming obsession, she says there are much worse things to be addicted to, and I can't argue with that :)

She'd never join a geeky forum like this though :lol:
Are you seeing my missus? :wink: