Weekend Gamer TV - Episode 10 available now

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:03 am

nesmaster wrote:Best episode so far!! I really enjoyed the Neo-Geo MVS review.
Opa seems to think the MVS feature is a bit flat, but I think its one of his best bits since WGTV started. I am still desperately looking out for a 4 slot, though I will most likely need it with a supergun.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:39 am

I have seen a couple of MVS cabs go on E-bay last few weeks for around £150-200. One of them even had stuff like Waku Waku 7 included in that price, worth every penny.

I thought the MVS feature was a little flat because I don't really tell anyone anything they don't already know, thanks for the comments though, glad you enjoyed it. :)

Gnome

Post by Gnome » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:14 am

Just saw the online version and, well, it was definitely on the brilliant side of things. Fantastic job. Thank you!
Usually blogging over at Gnome's Lair, steadily into Retro Treasures and some cabaret.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:46 pm

Glad you enjoyed it :) thanks.

Gnome

Post by Gnome » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:57 pm

And I'm really glad you had to endure Miami Vice instead of me :o
Usually blogging over at Gnome's Lair, steadily into Retro Treasures and some cabaret.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:26 pm

Miami Vice was absolutely awful, but was still better than the Charlies Angels game I had to play for the 70s tv show feature.

Gnome

Post by Gnome » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:36 pm

And so was, I'm assured, the admittedly naughty sounding Barbie's Horse Adventures. Still. I salute you for your bravery SirClive.

Wildnites

Post by Wildnites » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:47 am

I haven't watched all the episode yet, but again really enjoyed what I have seen, though Miami Vice takes the prize for worst game.

Looking forward to the next audio show, need something good to listen to on the way to work. :)
Please Sir I cannot tell a lie......

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:21 pm

Really want to watch it but its coming up Temporarily unavailable, will try tomorrow :(

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:59 am

Yes, it seems that the annoying video hosts are now putting bandwidth limits on the files. If you register with them (which is free) then you are not restricted though and would still be able to watch.

thl

Post by thl » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:03 am

Watched it last night and I must say it's probably my favourite episode. Well done for picking up the Sega Master System as I thought £8 for the console (model 3005-05-A) with Light Phaser and few boxed games was a bargain.

About the SMS games, Cyber Shinobi and Super Tennis should be consider as Retro Shamers. Never liked both of those games as the framerate ruined the gameplay and looked incredibly unplayable. Must be avoid!

Good call on Hang-On, Alex Kidd in Shinobi World, Castle of Illusion and Time Soldiers. It's one of those games I'm very familiar with and having to play it back in the days. Oh, and you forgot the review on Safari Hunt.

Also the feature on the MVS arcade cabinet was very interesting. Would love to have one of those machine, but it looks incredibly unlikely. Good mention on Puzzle Bobble, King of Fighters '96, Metal Slug, and Shock Troopers as they among those classic titles to have on that machine.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:18 pm

thl wrote:Watched it last night and I must say it's probably my favourite episode. Oh, and you forgot the review on Safari Hunt.
Thanks, glad you liked it.

I did mention at the end of the Mastersystem bit that the gun didn't work which is why didn't play it but to be honest I don't really like blasting all maner of small animals for fun, I would rather blast bad humans in rescue mission.. :twisted:

thl

Post by thl » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:34 pm

Opa-Opa wrote:I would rather blast bad humans in rescue mission.. :twisted:
Or wiping out the guerillas in Operation Wolf. 8)

Overheat

Post by Overheat » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:22 pm

wish you could fullscreen the video :(

oh well, guess I'll have to download it - I'll tell you what I think once it finishes (a few days maybe :P) - what's with this ridiculous size btw? Surely it doesn't need to be any bigger than 350MB?! How long is it?

I'd look into AutoGK if I were you ;)
Overheat's Top 10 Auctions *updated weekly (or thereabouts)* | CLICK HERE

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:36 pm

It's an hour long. We always have this problem with the file size, so tips on how to reduce it but keep the quality would be appreciated.