What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14955
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by Megamixer » Wed May 13, 2020 3:05 pm

Unlocked all of the characters for Streets of Rage 4 so I'm considering it "completed", even though I will continue going back to it.

It is a very, very great game BUT it is utter bollox that the sprites for Max, Shiva and Roo/Victy exist in the game but you CAN'T unlock them. It's a bit of a kick in the balls when you can unlock SoR2 Max and SoR3 Shiva but not the SoR4 versions. I assumed that you WOULD so I was disappointed after grinding all of those points and finding that the opposite is true.

I have heard that the devs were under time constraints and that these things were planned, as well as a playable Estel. Also, looking at the concept art, there are loads of revamped classic SoR enemies that didn't make the cut so I assume that the same fate applied to them too.

I'm guessing paid DLC will come to the rescue at some point!!!

That aside, it is a fantastic game, with an art style that I can't get enough. Worth the wait.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24688
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by DPrinny » Wed May 20, 2020 6:25 am

Endless ocean 2, not a long game, not even a hard game, but an enjoyable relaxing game (Until that last bit)

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24688
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by DPrinny » Sat May 23, 2020 11:29 am

Royal Pro wrestling on 3DO

An average wrestling game

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24688
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by DPrinny » Sat May 23, 2020 4:58 pm

Overlord Wii
It needs to be on a system with more power as the frame rate tends to tank, bit short

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24688
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by DPrinny » Tue May 26, 2020 2:11 pm

A-am I the only one completing games?

Red Steel 2, now thats how you take a crap game and improve everything about it to create something truly great.
Last boss was a bit lame, had more trouble with the guy before him

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14955
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by Megamixer » Wed May 27, 2020 11:27 am

DPrinny wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:11 pm
Red Steel 2, now thats how you take a crap game and improve everything about it to create something truly great.
Last boss was a bit lame, had more trouble with the guy before him
Yes, that was a great game that really sold me on Motion+. Too bad not enough games took advantage of it.

But I did prefer the setting of the first Red Steel, shooting up offices and gangsters etc. If only that game had had the M+ compatibility.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24688
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by DPrinny » Wed May 27, 2020 1:17 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:27 am
DPrinny wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:11 pm
Red Steel 2, now thats how you take a crap game and improve everything about it to create something truly great.
Last boss was a bit lame, had more trouble with the guy before him
Yes, that was a great game that really sold me on Motion+. Too bad not enough games took advantage of it.

But I did prefer the setting of the first Red Steel, shooting up offices and gangsters etc. If only that game had had the M+ compatibility.
If only the first was actully good and the combat was more than waggle like a mad man

These games are also not left hander friendly

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14955
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by Megamixer » Thu May 28, 2020 2:45 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:17 pm
Megamixer wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:27 am
DPrinny wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:11 pm
Red Steel 2, now thats how you take a crap game and improve everything about it to create something truly great.
Last boss was a bit lame, had more trouble with the guy before him
Yes, that was a great game that really sold me on Motion+. Too bad not enough games took advantage of it.

But I did prefer the setting of the first Red Steel, shooting up offices and gangsters etc. If only that game had had the M+ compatibility.
If only the first was actully good and the combat was more than waggle like a mad man

These games are also not left hander friendly
Have you gotten into Bikini Zombie Slayers yet? That game is a damn workout. Just couldn't be arsed with it after a while. Glad that there were PS3/PS4 sequels with NORMAL bloody controls.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24688
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by DPrinny » Thu May 28, 2020 4:00 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 2:45 pm
Have you gotten into Bikini Zombie Slayers yet? That game is a damn workout. Just couldn't be arsed with it after a while. Glad that there were PS3/PS4 sequels with NORMAL bloody controls.
Yeah I got it, also got rid of it as the controls did my head in, it didnt seem as bad as Samurai Warriors, that game will give me wankers wrist

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24688
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:27 pm

Skys of arcadia done (about time)

Kidna enjoyable, a bit over hyped, but ive played worse over hyped RPGs (a lot are on Playstation and by Squaresoft) problems I have with it is most boss battles later on in the game end up being Akia and who ever doing shields, Fina on healing and items, Vyse doing all the attacking.
Ship battles are boring, cant remember where I read that they are like Panzer Dragoon saga, but they arent. The PDS battle system is way way way better.

Also random battles can get to fec

ALK
Posts: 3050
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by ALK » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:40 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:27 pm
Skys of arcadia done (about time)

Kidna enjoyable, a bit over hyped, but ive played worse over hyped RPGs (a lot are on Playstation and by Squaresoft) problems I have with it is most boss battles later on in the game end up being Akia and who ever doing shields, Fina on healing and items, Vyse doing all the attacking.
Ship battles are boring, cant remember where I read that they are like Panzer Dragoon saga, but they arent. The PDS battle system is way way way better.

Also random battles can get to fec
Were you playing the Dreamcast or Gamecube version? Gamecube version reduced the random battles a fair bit.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24688
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:09 pm

GameCube, at times it still felt like moving a bit will trigger one

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14955
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:58 pm

Yakuza 6. Did it all bar the Mahjong and the last few Clan missions (really didn't enjoy that mode). The ending to the game, and Kiryu's story, was so damn good. The build-up to the last battle was absolutely epic and really made me hate Iwami and Sugai more than any other Yakuza villain(s). What a game. And that's with me considering it my least favourite in the series overall!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7582
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by Shinobi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:18 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:05 pm
Unlocked all of the characters for Streets of Rage 4 so I'm considering it "completed", even though I will continue going back to it.

It is a very, very great game BUT it is utter bollox that the sprites for Max, Shiva and Roo/Victy exist in the game but you CAN'T unlock them. It's a bit of a kick in the balls when you can unlock SoR2 Max and SoR3 Shiva but not the SoR4 versions. I assumed that you WOULD so I was disappointed after grinding all of those points and finding that the opposite is true.

I have heard that the devs were under time constraints and that these things were planned, as well as a playable Estel. Also, looking at the concept art, there are loads of revamped classic SoR enemies that didn't make the cut so I assume that the same fate applied to them too.

I'm guessing paid DLC will come to the rescue at some point!!!

That aside, it is a fantastic game, with an art style that I can't get enough. Worth the wait.
Nintendo Life was reporting that Shinobi Joe Musashi and Estel Aguirre where going be playable characters either unlockable or dlc. I’m really quite disappointed that neither is playable. Surely Electra, Mr X and Roo should have been unlockable as the Streets of Rage remake had them and many more characters.

The unlockable SOR1 characters seem pointless when you have superior versions of them. And they look a bit out of place. The most baffling thing is no Max or Shiva when both of them appear as bosses. Shouldn’t be that difficult to make them playable
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24688
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:28 am

Rouge legacy
Cheesed the last bosses with time stop, I didn't get the last blow as my armour returned 50% damage.

HE KILLED HIM SELF!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests