What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

GigaPepsiMan

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:24 pm

Megamixer wrote:Completed GTA IV last night. Got a somewhat bad ending where (I'll keep it vague for spoiler reasons) one of the female characters died, a death which seemed to be influenced by my decision to take revenge on a gangster.
Believe it or not that was the good ending.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:28 am

Limbo for the PC. A nice platform/puzzle game that was an interesting journey if a little short perhaps.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

killbot

Post by killbot » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:03 am

Kirby's Epic Yarn. Took 6 hours to see the credits roll but I'm only showing 55% complete so this might be something I come back to in order to chase the elusive 100%. It's a fun game, if every bit as easy as everyone says.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

dste

Post by dste » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:10 am

^^I'm currently on 96% complete, just need to finish off the mini-games to collect the remaining fabric and then that's it. :(
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:00 am

GigaPepsiMan wrote:
Megamixer wrote:Completed GTA IV last night. Got a somewhat bad ending where (I'll keep it vague for spoiler reasons) one of the female characters died, a death which seemed to be influenced by my decision to take revenge on a gangster.
Believe it or not that was the good ending.
I had a feeling that neither ending would be good. The player characters in GTA games always come across as tragedies in most cases so I never expect a happy ending. Whether it's Nico unable to escape his past or VCS's Vic Vance getting sucked into world of drugs and crime to get the money for his sick brother, bad stuff always happens.

My GTA IV ending still inspired a feeling of guilt as if my blind decisions for pure vengeance had resulted in terrible ramifications that got somebody else killed. That's the beauty of the game: it can be played casually (just blowing stuff up and having fun) or you can take notice of a genuinely decent story-telling by Rockstar. Not the best story-telling but much better than you might expect from a game like GTA.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:15 pm

Finished Saints Row 2 last night. it wasn't really an emotional journey at all, the story was just pure violence and mayhem about a gang wiping out it's opponents and taking a city over. I had much, much more fun playing it than GTA4 though, it had all the fun things and side missions that I had really hoped would be in GTA4 before I played it, but that GTA4 sorely lacked.

Extremely satisfying ending too. :D It was almost as enjoyable as the ending to Manhunt (probably my favourite game ending ever).
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:36 pm

Finally got 100% completion on Lego Star Wars on the 360, what a chore.. and all achievements except for the online one, which I'm not gonna get anytime soon as I'm yet to renew my gold subscription..

Lego Indy next...

dste

Post by dste » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:39 pm

Got all 100% on Epic Yarn so now all done and dusted.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:07 pm

Just completed Alice: Madness Returns. Very twisted at times, I really enjoyed playing it. Although quite buggy in places it was much better than American McGee's Alice. Not completely finished with it though - still missing a few trophies here and there. Going to see if I can get the Platinum before I start on my next game.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Just finished Killzone 2 on Normal....a much better FPS than I thought it was going to be, seems to have taken the best bits from other FPS games and done something even better with them, and I've had a lot of fun with it....well worth picking up if you haven't got it already as it's absolutely dirt cheap now (saw it for £2 preowned earlier in Grainger Games!!) Only thing is....it's relentlessly brown throughout. :? Kinda adds to the atmosphere though, and the visuals are still excellent from start to finish, considering it's a 2009 game.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Sir Hilary Bray

Post by Sir Hilary Bray » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Goldeneye: Reloaded (XBox 360).

Excellent fun, and a game that has finally pulled me into the world
of online gaming.

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Rinoa wrote:Just completed Alice: Madness Returns. Very twisted at times, I really enjoyed playing it. Although quite buggy in places it was much better than American McGee's Alice. Not completely finished with it though - still missing a few trophies here and there. Going to see if I can get the Platinum before I start on my next game.
Just got all trophies... which didn't take very long O.o
Even Nightmare mode on Madness Returns was easier than Normal mode on American McGee's Alice. But still, it was fun to play.

pratty

Post by pratty » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:03 am

Just finished Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars on the DS, a good port/update of a good game.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:14 am

ToxieDogg wrote:Just finished Killzone 2 on Normal....a much better FPS than I thought it was going to be, seems to have taken the best bits from other FPS games and done something even better with them, and I've had a lot of fun with it....well worth picking up if you haven't got it already as it's absolutely dirt cheap now (saw it for £2 preowned earlier in Grainger Games!!) Only thing is....it's relentlessly brown throughout. :? Kinda adds to the atmosphere though, and the visuals are still excellent from start to finish, considering it's a 2009 game.
Killzone 3 really improves on the 2nd - wider variety of environments, special levels with mechs, etc etc. It's only about £8 pre-owned and well worth tracking down if you enjoyed the 2nd

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Gears of war. Took less time to complete than I remember but really fun with no filler so it's all good. The train level surprised me, the turret section was way worse than I remember but Ram was way easier to kill :? Onto gow2 next.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*