What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Vyothric

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by Vyothric » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:34 am

The Mask Seller wrote:Curiosity got the better of me, had to try it out and it worked the second time.
Good stuff 8)
The Mask Seller wrote:Think I'll try either Rocket: Robot on Wheels or Space Station: Silicon Valley next :D
I've yet to try Rocket: Robot on Wheels (though I've heard good things about it). Space Station Silicon Valley is easily one of my favourite N64 games :)
LastFM | Mods | Music | Twitter | YouTube

Zwischen Leere und Nichts

davekam

Post by davekam » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:42 pm

And yet it moves (pc) and space quest 3 (pc).

Confessor

Post by Confessor » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:56 am

Socom Fireteam Bravo on PSP. Too short on single player campaign. And too easy.

jcdentont1000

Post by jcdentont1000 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:04 am

I got 100% achievements of Deus Ex: HR (for a few weeks, until the DLC comes out) - and we all know you haven't completed a game on the Xbox 360 until you have EVERY achievement. :evil:
XBox 360 Gamertag: jcdentont1000
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: TBC (Now, where did I leave my 3DS..)

"Trust no one. Question everything."

highrise

Post by highrise » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:43 am

I have just completed Blood Stone on the 360 which I picked up cheaply and I have to say it wasn't half bad. I mean, for a 3rd person hero-based stealth and combat game it ain't no Arkham Asylum but it was fun while it lasted, and the driving bits were better than most of these type of games (as you might expect from Bizarre Creations). So it was worth it if you can find it for a tenner or less. The ending was meh however.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:55 am

davekam wrote:And yet it moves (pc) and space quest 3 (pc).
Ahhh, Space Quest 3. One of Sierra's best IMO.

retrogoodies

Post by retrogoodies » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:28 am

finished gears of war 3 and great game ,vary combat and things to do . better than the last one
retrogames for sale at http://retrogoodies.ebid.net

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:39 pm

Completed BloodRayne on the PS2. An enjoyable game but I have to shamefully admit that I needed a health refill code to beat the end boss which I'm sure anybody who has played the game will agree is a right b@stard.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:39 am

Megamixer wrote:Completed BloodRayne on the PS2. An enjoyable game but I have to shamefully admit that I needed a health refill code to beat the end boss which I'm sure anybody who has played the game will agree is a right b@stard.
Never beat the last boss, even with the Health cheat.. Normally get the cut scene with 'Beliah'(however it's spelt) flying through the Roof, did manage to kill Jurgan Wulf once , but it doesn't end the fight. Bloodrayne 2 is miles more enjoyable but very easy beat the last boss on my first go
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:31 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Megamixer wrote:Completed BloodRayne on the PS2. An enjoyable game but I have to shamefully admit that I needed a health refill code to beat the end boss which I'm sure anybody who has played the game will agree is a right b@stard.
Never beat the last boss, even with the Health cheat.. Normally get the cut scene with 'Beliah'(however it's spelt) flying through the Roof, did manage to kill Jurgan Wulf once , but it doesn't end the fight. Bloodrayne 2 is miles more enjoyable but very easy beat the last boss on my first go
You have to be shooting his heart from the front (only guns work). As he gets bigger, you need to stand on the ledges around the room to be at the right height to hit it though. You can also use the zoom vision thing but it leaves you open to attack since you can't move while using it.

I used up all the grenades and rockets at the start of the fight to get his health down to around 50% then concentrated on blasting his heart. Still tough even with the cheat though.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Feeling rather proud...returned to God Of War 2 (PS3 G.O.W HD col.) not only did the horse whipping Q.T.E stage (which my sloth like reaction times+digger bucket hands had previousily made a mockery of...), but completed the game.

And then...icing on the cake, went back to 1st game, despite being a zombie-husk of a man after coming off nights, and beat another Q.T.E section (big bull/man thing) with stick rotation crap-Get in.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Finished Gears of War 3 damn fine game that
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:36 am

Spiderman for the iPhone. Actually far better than I expected. Apart from the controls feeling slightly unresponsive on occasions and the collision detection being somewhat annoying on certain levels I really enjoyed it. Combat worked well and there are quite a few moves available and easy to perform, the webswinging QTE sections looked pretty nice and as the game progressed the boss fights actually became less annoying :? The Doc Ock fight near the end was my favourite by far.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ulala

Post by ulala » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:35 pm

Forgotten worlds

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:09 pm

LastFM | Mods | Music | Twitter | YouTube

Zwischen Leere und Nichts