What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Freestyler

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by Freestyler » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:34 am

Warhammer 40k: Kill Team on Live Arcade. Awesome game! Only 5 levels but it's a great game for the price. Plus it has quite a bit of replayability too, which is nice.

Also unlocks a Plasma Sword for Space Marine!
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:16 pm

Completed two games in one day! Go me!

Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters - Glitchy as hell and generic as hell. It's a God of War clone with a Green Lantern coat of paint. Don't know anything about the comics or movie but it was playable. Never impressed and never insulted, seeing as it was a rental I'm not fussed :)

Killzone 3: Beat it on Elite Difficulty, because I'm that awesome ;)

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:42 pm

Deus Ex 3.

Absolutely loved it. Wasnt overly impressed with it to begin with but it just got better as i got further and the ending gave me goosebumps.
Ive still got a fair few achievements to get so im going to give it another playthrough, this time avoiding kills or any combat whatsoever just for the sake of it really.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:35 pm

Completed Terranigma on the SNES.

It really is an utterly wonderful game. So charming, so deep and playable. The plot was superb and fresh and the ending not all predictable.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:45 pm

League of Evil for the iPhone. Completed all the chapters and am now going back to get all the suitcases and stars. An excellent handheld game that is perfect for a quick go whenever I have a spare couple of minutes that feels a lot like Super Meat Boy and Megaman.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ulala

Post by ulala » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:02 pm

Castlevania SOTN

Ok, it was with a walkthrough but i think that made the experience all the better (to save on backtracking).

WOW what a game, i wish that i had played it on release now.

rapidly-greying

Post by rapidly-greying » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:53 pm

I haven't completed a game for ages (TR Underworld) because I am a useless old git.

Strangely though I can remember completing Symphony of the night when it first came out on ps1, and without any sort of help. I guess I have just drastically lost my gaming skills with whilst gaining the grey hairs.

I'll still give anybody a stern challenge on Everybody's Golf World Tour though.
Keith,Scotland 35,wife n 2 kids,Owned(or own)a NES,SNES,N64,GC,Wii,Gameboy,DS,360,Sega MD,DC+GG,Intellevision, C 64, ZX Spec 48k+,PS1,2+3.Fave games are Zelda,Mario,Leaderboard,Tomb Raider,Bombjack,Pilotwings,Ridge Racer,Ico,Everybody's Golf,DAFC fan.

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:38 pm

LastFM | Mods | Music | Twitter | YouTube

Zwischen Leere und Nichts

The Mask Seller

Post by The Mask Seller » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:52 am

Goldeneye 007 on N64: I gave up trying to do the Cradle level on 00 Agent difficulty and did it on Secret Agent instead. Got sick of chasing Trevelyan in circles, no matter how close I stuck to his heels and pumped bullets into him he wouldn't drop down to the final platform, once did five(!) circuits from top to middle without him dropping down.

Watched a couple of 00 Agent walkthroughs on YouTube and can't see what I'm doing wrong, seems my version has a lot more guards and a very uncooperative Trevelyan. F*cked it off and waltzed through the Secret Agent difficulty first time.

I think it's time to accept I'm just not that good at video games and play them on normal difficulty for fun as opposed to subjecting myself to a joyless, frustrating slog through the toughest difficulty settings.
"Only the guilty have anything to fear. And the innocent, if we're having a slow day."

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:56 am

The Mask Seller wrote:Goldeneye 007 on N64: I gave up trying to do the Cradle level on 00 Agent difficulty and did it on Secret Agent instead. Got sick of chasing Trevelyan in circles, no matter how close I stuck to his heels and pumped bullets into him he wouldn't drop down to the final platform, once did five(!) circuits from top to middle without him dropping down.

Watched a couple of 00 Agent walkthroughs on YouTube and can't see what I'm doing wrong, seems my version has a lot more guards and a very uncooperative Trevelyan. F*cked it off and waltzed through the Secret Agent difficulty first time.

I think it's time to accept I'm just not that good at video games and play them on normal difficulty for fun as opposed to subjecting myself to a joyless, frustrating slog through the toughest difficulty settings.
Nothing wrong with normal difficulty, I wouldn't get to see the second half of most games otherwise!

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:08 am

The Mask Seller wrote:Goldeneye 007 on N64: I gave up trying to do the Cradle level on 00 Agent difficulty and did it on Secret Agent instead
There's an easier way of doing Cradle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ts9fKOugbA

If you turn around with your back facing the room Trevelyn is in, he'll sometimes kill himself with a grenade - you'll hear him drop it.

The Mask Seller

Post by The Mask Seller » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:19 am

Interesting, I'll have to give it a whirl to see if it works. Bit cheap though, exploiting a glitch to get past the level. That being said, the game seems quite happy to be equally cheap and give me the endless run around when I try and do it properly so why not stoop to its level?
"Only the guilty have anything to fear. And the innocent, if we're having a slow day."

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:37 am

It's an old speed-run technique that I got used to doing. I don't think it's used much anymore as apparently there's a quicker way, though I've never seen it done in person (without changing the bullets with an Action Replay :P)

The Mask Seller

Post by The Mask Seller » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:18 am

Vyothric wrote:It's an old speed-run technique that I got used to doing. I don't think it's used much anymore as apparently there's a quicker way, though I've never seen it done in person (without changing the bullets with an Action Replay :P)
Curiosity got the better of me, had to try it out and it worked the second time. Thanks for the tip, didn't realise it was your video on YouTube until the second viewing! My wife watched me do it and said I was cheating.

It still had the same lame ending on 00 difficulty, I'd be more disappointed if I'd actually done it properly though. Think I'll try either Rocket: Robot on Wheels or Space Station: Silicon Valley next :D

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:13 am

Today I completed Catherine again for the PS3 (Normal Cheater ending) along with getting golds on all the levels. Nowhere near as hard as my first playthrough thanks to understanding the game mechanics more.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*