What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Vyothric

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by Vyothric » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:02 am

LastFM | Mods | Music | Twitter | YouTube

Zwischen Leere und Nichts

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:23 am

Gone Home on PC.. well it's not so much a game, more an interactive story, you arrive at a empty home after a year away and exploring the house helps you figure out where your family has gone.. despite it not being a horror game in any way it still genuinely managed to creep me out a couple of times.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:00 pm

doom 3 resurrection of evil -steam- that last level was bloody difficult and i did look at a YT video for the last boss because i was struggling a bit,otherwise i really enjoyed it and thought it had some good boss fights in it.now downloading red faction.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:48 pm

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:46 pm

Streets of Rage 2

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:40 pm

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:45 pm

Batman Arkham City.. the main story at least, still gotta finish off the last Catwoman mission and then I've got Harleyquin's revenge to play through, every bit as enjoyable as Arkham Asylum was.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:58 pm

Finished Banjo Kazooie I think!! Done Gruntys quiz board and she runs off and the credits roll, though there's a achievement for "Laying the smack down on witches" that hasn't popped Maybe you play as the Rock and give her the peoples elbow...

Also 7 musical notes left for the achievement and 1 honeycomb left for the achievement.. Tick Tock Tock is so frustrating getting these last pieces not fun at all...
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:31 pm

Red Faction - it was stressful in places and the boss fights were stupidly difficult,the final one actually glitched on me which made it easy in the end but otherwise a very good game.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

Starlight

Post by Starlight » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:31 pm

Dragon's Crown.

More content after beating the boss YAY!

**Sees that you have to repeat the same thing over again on a harder difficulty**
SEGA, Falcom and "Niche" Nintendo fan

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:41 pm

red faction II - finished it faster than i expected and didn't use a lot of the weapons but i had a lot of fun and it looked very good.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:49 am

Killzone 2 - Catching up on some PS3 titles that I have missed, an enjoyable cover FPS, got the feeling this was Sony's answer to Gears Of War but in first person, some levels were a bit tricky, final boss Radec was way too Easy, even got a Trophy for killing him under a certain time.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:02 am

The Last Story on Wii. A lot of people online seem to be saying that they've finished it in 20 hours, but I finally clocked in at just under 42 hours :? I did do as many of the side missions as I could and spent a bit of time levelling up my characters and upgrading their weapons/armour a bit though. Really enjoyed it as well, it never felt like the story dragged, the characters were (mostly) interesting and it never really forces the player to 'grind' as more often than not, you can beat enemies that are a bit stronger than you with good tactics and teamwork. And the battle system is absolutely excellent.
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:13 am

I hate the fact, yet respect it as well (if that makes sense) that so many people can still finish such big length games these days (but not me). 5 years ago I'd have complained that the Gears of War series campaigns were too short, but now I'd be lucky to even complete a 7-8 campaign from those games now.

Hats off to you all. It shows me there is still hope I can feel the way I once did about these big campaign games

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:28 am

^^

Comes with the territory of being a single bloke with no kids for me :lol: Whenever I've been in a relationship/married, games have ended up sidelined for the most part and I've only been able to get the odd couple of hours gaming in here and there after the missus has gone to bed if I've decided to stay up for whatever reason, or stuff on handhelds while she's been taking over the TV with garbage earlier on. :wink:
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!